Air Jordan III: Black – Purple – Green aka Joker

don't let the 3m in the pics fool you, these hit hard in person for a black based shoe.

on another note, any owners out there crazy enough to lace up both color laces at the same time post some pics

The quality is pretty good. Better than I expect it.

Will bust these out in the summer.

just realiZed that i like this cw. what is d reasonable price for this? if i cant cop it for retail.. thanks :smile:

I have received the largest (10.5) of 3 my pairs of these.  I did not try it on as I could see from the sole that it is too big for me.  I usually wear a 9.5 in "dress" shoes and a 10 in Jordans but I couldn't get anything smaller in my cart on RD and didn't want to totally miss out on these III's. I did give them a good inspection though.  I think the quality is very good.  Nice, tumbled leather, thick padding in the cuff,  a stiff shank in the sole.  No obvious blemishes at all either.  The black elephant print is properly aligned and trimmed well.

As for looks, this shoe is a lot nicer looking in person then in any pictures I have seen other than Bad Lt's new shot posted above (nice work, dude).  The shoe is basically all black.  Swap out the laces and you only have a dask of purple around the cuff and tongue and a thin line of the green accenting the sole and inner liner.  It is more sophisticated looking then it appears in some photo's.  Tone down the purple or green laces to standard black and this shoe looks fantastic IMHO.  If you like flashy or are into wearing purple or lime green, put those laces back in!  The stand out in a good way.   BTW, the shoe DOES NOT glow in the dark under normal conditions.  Only with a blacklight, like In Da Club.  The 3M band above the elephant print does reflect back a little bit of light with a direct hit from a high powered flashlight.  The purple tongue has a nice textured look to it and the green Jumpman really pop's off it.

Overall, I think this is a very underrated release that some folks may regret passing on.  I'm glad I got a couple for me, one to wear and one to keep on ice.  The third pair I will let go at cost.  I have lurked for awhile but this is my first post.  I want to say thanks to NT posters as a whole, a lot of ya'll know and generously share good info on here.  Props to them.

Got my pair yesterday and they are on point like a few guys ahead of me already stated.

They look even better in person and made me love them even more. People hating are gonna be sorry that they passed. I said these were gonna be a sleeper and become highly sought after in a year and I stand by my words.

Nice pics Bad Lieutenant!

Woke up too late on RD. 
mean.gif

Watching a pair on the bay right now, hopefully close to retail 
happy.gif

Wow some of you guys should be photographers; those pics make the jokers look a lot better looking than I expected. Still don't regret copping since I'm trying to save up for other shoes I want more. Congrats to those that got the pairs they wanted and good luck to the rest of you on the hunt.

Got my pair in from FL yesterday. Very nice in person....I can't believe how much nicer these are in person. Very underrated shoe IMO. Also, as was previously mentioned, black laces are great in these.

Back
Top Bottom