What’s the sizing?

• 1/2 Size Big (buy a half size down)

Votes: 57 8.4%
  • True to Size (buy your true size)

Votes: 551 80.9%
  • 1/2 Size Small (buy a half size up)

Votes: 73 10.7%

• Total voters
Doesn’t that make them unwearable at this point? 7 years with no wears?

I say for polyurethane air unit type of sneakers, 10 years to rock em is a time frame. My cdps are wearable for now, units are fogging

I haven't bought any J's since the metallic V's in 2016. Do the foot stores still do in-store raffles, or is it all apps now?

I haven't bought any J's since the metallic V's in 2016. Do the foot stores still do in-store raffles, or is it all apps now?

Wont know till a week before the release. Usually if its a more sought out release they will do the apps, which should be the case for these.

what are they doing special for sneakers in the LA area for the All Star game? Any stores being converted to JB?

10 years to start wearing them or 10 years until they are unwearable?
my tru belief is that it' all in how u store them. i have og 15s that I still wear from 2000 i also have og 18.5s that u still wear. no problems with any of my shoes. i have always stored then in original packaging, average humidity, low light. so, 10 years is nothing for me. i have lots of 10+ year old shoes that still get wear with no crumbling or separation.

Last edited:
I say for polyurethane air unit type of sneakers, 10 years to rock em is a time frame. My cdps are wearable for now, units are fogging
It seems to depend on the shoe as well, 1999 AJ4s were crumbling by 06-07, but 2001 3s were good for 10 years.

Speaking for myself, i'd rather have a comfortable shoe that's only going to last 7-10 years than a brick that will never die.

It seems to depend on the shoe as well, 1999 AJ4s were crumbling by 06-07, but 2001 3s were good for 10 years.

Speaking for myself, i'd rather have a comfortable shoe that's only going to last 7-10 years than a brick that will never die.

I bought a DS pair of '99 White/Cement IV and '99 Black Cement IV in 2012. They held up nicely for about 2 1/2 years of normal wear until the midsole gave out. Glad the previous owner stored them correctly.

You all will soon realize that JORDAN BRAND has not used traditional PU midsoles in over a decade when retros from 07-current do not crumble at all, or nearly as quickly.

I've been saying this for years whenever paint cracking or these shoes being uncomfortable comes up, but no one seems to listen. Has it crossed anyone's mind that older air maxes use the exact same tech, PU midsole with air unit, but don't feel like heavy bricks?

It's the difference between open cell PUs vs closed cell PUs in which they use today. More info on that for those that are curious why crumbling processes aren't as susceptible in later PU midsole models. The same is applied elsewear.

https://www.thomasnet.com/articles/plastics-rubber/closed-cell-open-cell/

Also, the reason for paint cracking has to do with the closed cell PU. Paint is laid on the exterior and cannot penetrate the surface of a closed cell PU. That's why you see it's easier to remove paint off a midsole of a post 2007 model vs a pre 2007 model which ends up dyeing (smearing) the midsole.

hope everyone gets an elephant print you are satisfied with!

This one's on sale:
Screenshot_20180127-134006.png
:wink:

It all depends. My 2001 pair is still going aside from the top of one the heel tabs cracking. Shoot.....about to wear them today for some errands.

Back
Top Bottom