• 1/2 Size Big (buy a half size down)

Votes: 57 8.4%
  • True to Size (buy your true size)

Votes: 551 80.9%
  • 1/2 Size Small (buy a half size up)

Votes: 73 10.7%

• Total voters
These won't be done any justice.

JB hasn't even come close to making a mold let alone a toe box resembling the OG's. You think they'll start now?

I wouldn't be surprised if they made a ton of these, with awful quality, slapped a Nike Air in the back and laughed at all the idiots copping for $220. Especially multiple buyers :lol:

Last edited:
Man February is going to take forever to get here after getting the royals I don't have anything to look forward to this year not that I'm complaining on saving money

These won't be done any justice.

JB hasn't even come close to making a mold let alone a toe box resembling the OG's. You think they'll start now?

I wouldn't be surprised if they made a ton of these, with awful quality, slapped a Nike Air in the back and laughed at all the idiots copping for $220. Especially multiple buyers :lol:
Yeah let's hope that's worse case scenario though

Hope for the best, expect the worst

Perfect description of this. JB really went in with the first three Nike air retros and thought f it, they'll buy the true blues just because of the Nike air.

^^^Jb really do pick and choose what they really want to make a solid "remastered retro" so far with this Nike air line I can honestly say it's been more hit than misses atlease for me I have both '16 version of WC4s and met5s and I honestly say they did a pretty decent job making them as OG as possible I don't have the maroons so I can't speak on those and I missed the true blues but I'm not complaining with QC on those I missed them but I feel like BC3s are on a different level from those I feel like it's going to be a pretty decent retro or I atlease hope so

Hope for the best, expect the worst

Perfect description of this. JB really went in with the first three Nike air retros and thought f it, they'll buy the true blues just because of the Nike air.

^^^Jb really do pick and choose what they really want to make a solid "remastered retro" so far with this Nike air line I can honestly say it's been more hit than misses atlease for me I have both '16 version of WC4s and met5s and I honestly say they did a pretty decent job making them as OG as possible I don't have the maroons so I can't speak on those and I missed the true blues but I'm not complaining with QC on those I missed them but I feel like BC3s are on a different level from those I feel like it's going to be a pretty decent retro or I atlease hope so

There is some truth to this.

I will agree, the first few NA retro's were fantastic. i.e 88 3's, WC 4's, Maroon 6's were the best ones IMO. Didn't pick up the Metallic 5's or cared to.

But some of the luxe or premo retro's were made very well. The fact of the matter is, the most popular models are going to made in mass productions. So, we cut cost and raise profit, they skimmed on the materials. If you guys want high quality, then most likely the sneakers will be limited or a lot of people will be talking about the L's they received.

It's just how the game is now. Only way we get mass production and quality is if JB really is struggling and needs people to buy. Look at what Nike is doing with the AF1 line. Has anyone seen the recent releases? Quality is 10/10. Too bad hype and demand is down.

JB definitely can make a mass GR good quality and have done so many times, the Aqua 8, 72/10, many of the remastered 4s, and Space Jam are examples of that. I think JB intentionally used bad leather and had no qc because they thought that a 3 with Nike Air would be an instant hit.

It's just how the game is now. Only way we get mass production and quality is if JB really is struggling and needs people to buy. Look at what Nike is doing with the AF1 line. Has anyone seen the recent releases? Quality is 10/10. Too bad hype and demand is down. 

JB definitely can make a mass GR good quality and have done so many times, the Aqua 8, 72/10, many of the remastered 4s, and Space Jam are examples of that. I think JB intentionally used bad leather and had no qc because they thought that a 3 with Nike Air would be an instant hit.

The 72-10's were done very well, true. They were also a holiday release along with the Space Jams. But those models are different. People are picking those up for the holidays, they have no choice but to make them in abundance.

But the 3's are a "special" model. Slap the Nike Air in the back with a $220 price tag and JB sees nothing but $$$

All I'm saying is that we shouldn't be surprised if JB gives us utter crap with he BC 3's. Asides from the Fire Red 3 in 2007 (paint chipping smh), I can't remember a GR retro 3 model that had decent quality. I just want a great mold and a true to OG toe box. Is that so much to ask for? The elephant print can be excused, because a good mold and toe box will make up for it.

But the 3's have so much going on, its so easy for them to mess it up. Not easy at all to please every consumer.

FYI: My TB3's were perfectly fine IMO. I didn't have the weird elephant print issues. Guess I was one of the lucky ones.

Last edited:
Jb u better learn from the tb3!

Do it right!

Otherwise the 2018 will be midsole replacements for 88s, 94 and 01s [emoji]128514[/emoji]

Do it right!

Otherwise the 2018 will be midsole replacements for 88s, 94 and 01s [emoji]128514[/emoji]

Learn what? They sold plenty of pairs and covered their overhead with that release. Yes, some releases hit outlets, but the foot stores bought inventory and JB made their cash.

Do it right!

Learn what? They sold plenty of pairs and covered their overhead with that release. Yes, some releases hit outlets, but the foot stores bought inventory and JB made their cash.
don't forget even more money being sold directly from Nike plus the higher msrp

stockx said the jumpman on my 2011 are discolored and thr widows peak are under the i off so they're sending them back
View media item 2431072

5 years old , I'd think "discoloring" is aging like the yellowing on 11s. and the peaks issue, i think it's nonsense as i bought them from ndc smh

Anyone have 3s from 01/03 that are still wearable with their original midsole? Debating on buying a pair of 03 WCs, seller says no cracking or crumbling at the moment but I feel like it's inevitable. (if there's a better place to ask, let me know.)

I got a pair, i think they're from 2001 (?)

Mine are still plenty wearable. I beat the hell out of them too, and I'm fat. The only thing is I repainted the midsole around 2008 and some of the paint (NOT the midsole) is starting to flake off, and the top part of the plastic tab on the back of one the shoes got ripped off.

I might be weary if they were deadstock from that long ago. If they were worn a few times, I'd probably do it if I was on the fence.

stockx said the jumpman on my 2011 are discolored and thr widows peak are under the i off so they're sending them back
View media item 2431072

5 years old , I'd think "discoloring" is aging like the yellowing on 11s. and the peaks issue, i think it's nonsense as i bought them from ndc smh

I tried selling a pair of Dorenbecher 3's to StockX and they couldn't "authenticate" the pair. Said something about an imperfection. Kicks were from NTNY :lol:

Anyone have 3s from 01/03 that are still wearable with their original midsole? Debating on buying a pair of 03 WCs, seller says no cracking or crumbling at the moment but I feel like it's inevitable. (if there's a better place to ask, let me know.)

I still have a pair of my TB3's from 2001 which has experienced sole separation and severe paint chipping. Still wearable if I do a midsole swap.

I think sneakers are wearable, if they have been worn before. Usually when you leave sneakers DS after years and years, they're more prone to falling apart.

View media item 2431072

I tried selling a pair of Dorenbecher 3's to StockX and they couldn't "authenticate" the pair. Said something about an imperfection. Kicks were from NTNY :lol:

I still have a pair of my TB3's from 2001 which has experienced sole separation and severe paint chipping. Still wearable if I do a midsole swap.

I think sneakers are wearable, if they have been worn before. Usually when you leave sneakers DS after years and years, they're more prone to falling apart.

i think people don't know 3s well and go off of youtube tutorials. what's the difference with goat?

The '03's being worn or not is truly not relevant. What is your intent with buying a shoe of this vintage? If you want a shoe to wear often, you will be disappointed. You would be on borrowed time. If you are looking for a shoe built with quality materials, that you wear a few times or set aside for a proper midsole swap, this is the year to get on the cheap. Decent quality and close to OG shape. If you want a shoe to rock that is low maintenance, buy a 2011 or 2013 and move on, or invest in a proper soleswap.

Last edited:
The '03's being worn or not is truly not relevant. What is your intent with buying a shoe of this vintage? If you want a shoe to wear often, you will be disappointed. You would be on borrowed time. If you are looking for a shoe built with quality materials, that you wear a few times or set aside for a proper midsole swap, this is the year to get on the cheap. Decent quality and close to OG shape. If you want a shoe to rock that is low maintenance, buy a 2011 or 2013 and move on, or invest in a proper soleswap.

I think if you midsole swap the 01' pair and do a repaint, you'd be happy. You can also swap the backtabs as well. If you can get some donors on the cheap and find a way to get the backtabs salvaged, I'd go ahead and do the restoration. The quality is head and shoulders better than the other models that were made after.

Buy em. Wear my 2 pair of 01's and my 03's alot with no problem. [emoji]128077[/emoji][emoji]127995[/emoji]

View media item 2432360

Back
Top Bottom