Air Jordan III - WHITE/CEMENT GREY/BLACK/FIRE RED - 136064-105 - SPRING 2011

Originally Posted by Fatherless Child

Actually held these in my hand earlier this morning, my connect got his shipments in. His didn't have the original boxing. First thing I must say, these feel like CDP quality, the leather felt like hard plastic and it's sad because my 03s have the smoothest leather I ever felt on shoes.

There was no cushioning around the ankle at all and the tongue was stupid stiff. Honestly nothing I would spend my money on, it would be a waste when the soles start cracking a month later. You can go ahead and say in hating but I'm jus giving my opinion on these.

it seems jordan brand forgot how to make the retro 2s, 3s, and 4s correctly, at least the 12s and 13s arnt so bad

Originally Posted by Animal Thug1539

Originally Posted by JFMartiMcDandruff

midsole cracking, yeah it will happen

It should only happen a couple hundred wears in, not 10-15.

From the images above, I can already tell you that they will crack immediately. They have same the painting and texture that the CDP's had, and those didn't last me 15 wears before I had to sell them. I won't fall for that again. I don't even care if they had the Nike Air and OG style box, if these things don't last a month long what's the point of buying them?

The 03's were dyed, not painted. That's the disparity in the two.

I'll just leave these here

Originally Posted by SoleAddict34

Originally Posted by magc840

UnDSed my pair today. Wore them for about 8hrs around town accompanying the wife for holiday shopping. Comfort-wise I think the '07 fire red III's are more comfortable than these. Cushioning just seems lacking compared to those. As far as creasing, here are some pics judge for yourselves:

The paint is holding up good so far. But then again, it's just one wear.

for reals??! the '07 FR IIIs were terrible comfort wise(and quality wise). the leather was like cardboard.... 
That is the first thing that crossed my mind when I read that as well. The FR3 is my least comfortable pair of 3s. Didn't want to hear that.

Originally Posted by moneymike88

From the images above, I can already tell you that they will crack immediately. They have same the painting and texture that the CDP's had, and those didn't last me 15 wears before I had to sell them. I won't fall for that again. I don't even care if they had the Nike Air and OG style box, if these things don't last a month long what's the point of buying them?

Have you tried painting them over?  I know that could be a hassel, but I'm sure with professional grade paint (and primer), they could come out looking better than the OG paint

As time goes by, Jordan's will eventually be considered display-only sneakers because of the lack of wearability.

Stuff like this is why I quit buying their garbage.  All you get is a voucher......I'd rather have my cash back.

C O O K # 45
get fit.

Originally Posted by green rhino123

Originally Posted by SoleAddict34

Originally Posted by magc840

UnDSed my pair today. Wore them for about 8hrs around town accompanying the wife for holiday shopping. Comfort-wise I think the '07 fire red III's are more comfortable than these. Cushioning just seems lacking compared to those. As far as creasing, here are some pics judge for yourselves:

The paint is holding up good so far. But then again, it's just one wear.

for reals??! the '07 FR IIIs were terrible comfort wise(and quality wise). the leather was like cardboard.... 
That is the first thing that crossed my mind when I read that as well. The FR3 is my least comfortable pair of 3s. Didn't want to hear that.

Yeah man! I tried both on side by side, one on each foot. You can really tell the difference between the cushioning. Plus, I took out the insoles from each shoe and the insoles from the white/cements were much thinner and flimsier.

Regardless of the quality,I know people are still gonna be lining up for these. They are just such a nice clean, classic colorway. The extras that come with them just seals the deal even more for some people.

Now, when can I collect my check for being the beta-tester?
tongue.gif

Originally Posted by Magic1978

Actually held these in my hand earlier this morning, my connect got his shipments in. His didn't have the original boxing. First thing I must say, these feel like CDP quality, the leather felt like hard plastic and it's sad because my 03s have the smoothest leather I ever felt on shoes.

There was no cushioning around the ankle at all and the tongue was stupid stiff. Honestly nothing I would spend my money on, it would be a waste when the soles start cracking a month later. You can go ahead and say in hating but I'm jus giving my opinion on these.

Thanks for the heads up, not shocked at all.
yeah, not surprised. Funny thing is they used decent leather on the True Blue's from last year. Probably because it was an overseas release where customers are more concerned with quality, but when they release in the US, JB figures we'll buy it regardless...and they're probably right....
eyes.gif

The TB 2009's from overseas have very nice leather...comparable to the '03 Cements.  The early production samples that folks got early of the '09 TBs has this same crappy shiny leather, jacked up tongues, etc.
I am thinking the actual production shoes Cements in 2011 will have leather on par with the actual production line of the '09 TBs and that would be a good thing.

This is the reason I hate the 3's. Just wore my DTRT 3's the other day and noticed the paint is starting to crack.
mad.gif
 I have only wore them like 6 times.

The paint chipping up there is what will happen to our pairs...i guess, thanks for the box??

I'm going to check my pair for shiny leather, i don't want that shiny plastic leather on my pair

These are looking real nice but not expecting anything special with the quality. Expecting the same as with my CDP III, 15 plus wears and still looking almost brand new accept for the paint peeling and chipping all the way around the back of the shoe by the air bubble and heel.

Originally Posted by johnmckoolaid

it seems jordan brand forgot how to make the retro 2s, 3s, and 4s correctly, at least the 12s and 13s arnt so bad

Sorry, I felt the altitudes this weekend, and whatever material they used on the toe box felt cheap.   JB cheapened them out, and fed on the hype from the 04's for them to sell.  Although they had a lot of pairs at Willowbrook mall in Houston Saturday Night.  I was hoping these III's would have the same type of material the TB III's had.  Fire Red III's had pleather.  TB's didnt feel like Pleather.  I wish there was consistency with Nike and JB.  It seems like they keep going from factory to factory and looking for the cheapest bidder.  Which in my opinion is why the shoes keep changing in shape, height, materials, and cushioning.  Nike and JB are just a bunch of W hores if you ask me.  They obviously have no pride in the products they make anymore.  Thats what happens when you are too worried about money, and keep trying to expand. 

Originally Posted by El Bro

Originally Posted by johnmckoolaid

Sorry, I felt the altitudes this weekend, and whatever material they used on the toe box felt cheap.   JB cheapened them out, and fed on the hype from the 04's for them to sell.  Although they had a lot of pairs at Willowbrook mall in Houston Saturday Night.  I was hoping these III's would have the same type of material the TB III's had.  Fire Red III's had pleather.  TB's didnt feel like Pleather.  I wish there was consistency with Nike and JB.  It seems like they keep going from factory to factory and looking for the cheapest bidder.  Which in my opinion is why the shoes keep changing in shape, height, materials, and cushioning.  Nike and JB are just a bunch of W hores if you ask me.  They obviously have no pride in the products they make anymore.  Thats what happens when you are too worried about money, and keep trying to expand. 
I agree a 100% the cheaper JB can get them made the more money they make, people like Jordan and Gentry do not care about quality its about the almighty dollar.

To Add
DSCF3722.JPG

DSCF3723.JPG
DSCF3715.JPG
DSCF3726.JPG

Mind You this is After ONE WEAR. The Yeezy's which use THE SAME EXACT SOLE or Dyed through hence No Paint Cracks. Why they Don't do this with the 3's is about 15-30 cents profit per shoe(SMH) whiich does add up, which is really really sad. But Sadly I'll get these anyway 
eyes.gif
tired.gif

Originally Posted by GreatestGoliath

To Add
DSCF3722.JPG

DSCF3723.JPG
DSCF3715.JPG
DSCF3726.JPG

Mind You this is After ONE WEAR. The Yeezy's which use THE SAME EXACT SOLE or Dyed through hence No Paint Cracks. Why they Don't do this with the 3's is about 15-30 cents profit per shoe(SMH) whiich does add up, which is really really sad. But Sadly I'll get these anyway 
eyes.gif
tired.gif

Has anyone tryed to send them back to nike?

Originally Posted by oso23

Originally Posted by GreatestGoliath

To Add
DSCF3722.JPG

DSCF3723.JPG
DSCF3715.JPG
DSCF3726.JPG

eyes.gif
tired.gif

Has anyone tryed to send them back to nike?
You Can't as its not a defect that affects the performance of the shoe............

Back
Top Bottom