AIR JORDAN IV “ Lightning” - AUGUST 28th, 2021 - Shoe of the year voted by NikeTalk

Curious why you relaced them?

I did notice now the right shoe is factory laced (lateral lace over medial) but your left shoe is now medial lace over lateral as the laces go across the tongue.
I have a wide foot, I have to relace them. I can’t get my foot on shoes that are factory laced. Sometimes I’ll relace the shoes differently to see which way I prefer. Still deciding whether to keep the loops or not.

FB8E3CC6-0D9D-4EA4-BCF0-D0218C8129DC.jpeg

glad to have them but not happy with the 4 different yellows 🙄

So is size 11 the new money size? I a few years ago I remember when size 11 would consistently have considerably lower resell prices than other sizes but I looked at this shoe and all sizes are under $300 resell until I get to size 11

What are using to protect these? Scared to rock some yellow suede kicks….
I would like to know this as well.

I’m in the market for a pair of University Blue 4s on eBay, but I’m scared to death about dropping 400 hundred on suede shoes, when I live in a city where it rains 8 mon out of the year.

I’m concerned that some of these waterproofing sprays could potentially damage the shoes.

Any advice would be greatly appreciate.🙏

Seriously, get the Champs Sports Ultra Protector with the maroon cap. It's easily the best on the market. There for a minute, my Champs stopped carrying it, so I started shopping around for a different replacement. Ended up with some Sof Sole from Target, and it was TERRIBLE. Champs brand coats easily/well, and sticks. I seriously have pairs that I sprayed once 10+ years ago with the Champs/FTL brand and water still beads up on them. No lie. I've started stockpiling when my local has it in stock. :lol:

Seriously, get the Champs Sports Ultra Protector with the maroon cap. It's easily the best on the market. There for a minute, my Champs stopped carrying it, so I started shopping around for a different replacement. Ended up with some Sof Sole from Target, and it was TERRIBLE. Champs brand coats easily/well, and sticks. I seriously have pairs that I sprayed once 10+ years ago with the Champs/FTL brand and water still beads up on them. No lie. I've started stockpiling when my local has it in stock. :lol:
Have you ever experienced any suede/nubuck/durabuck shoes being damaged by a protector or water proofing spray?

So is size 11 the new money size? I a few years ago I remember when size 11 would consistently have considerably lower resell prices than other sizes but I looked at this shoe and all sizes are under $300 resell until I get to size 11

this the same thing I said, the bigger sizes are the new money size or something cause everything under 11 be $30-$100 cheaper

Have you ever experienced any suede/nubuck/durabuck shoes being damaged by a protector or water proofing spray?

Nope, not at all. At least not with the Champs/FTL spray. Here's a pic of my Nasty Boys Dunks I sprayed in 2015. I ran them under a faucet and took this pic for someone who was asking the same thing back at Christmas time. It was the best I could get because the water just rolled right off it...

Screenshot_20210907-094350_Messages.jpg

Thunders looking good! I recall having those in my cart on the last release (2012?) and passing. Plastic wings on 4s look so much better. Wonder how they decide when to use plastic vs. leather on Retro+ colorways. Leather still reminds me of GS sizes as those were the only ones back in '89 that had leather wings; always thought they looked weird, and still can't get over that.

Nope, not at all. At least not with the Champs/FTL spray. Here's a pic of my Nasty Boys Dunks I sprayed in 2015. I ran them under a faucet and took this pic for someone who was asking the same thing back at Christmas time. It was the best I could get because the water just rolled right off it...

Screenshot_20210907-094350_Messages.jpg

I'd be scared to death to test my shoes after applying the spray.

How would you even know if you'd done it properly?

And if you hadn't done it right and tried putting water drops on the suede...yikes.

Back
Top Bottom