Air Jordan IV(4) Black/Cement Red Promo Sample

Originally Posted by El Bro

I also think you guys are missing the most obvious point. The curve at the back of the shoe.

The promos are straight in the back, no curve whatsoever. That was also one of the big indicators between real and fake. Lets compare

VS.

It might just be me, but I do see a slight curve at the back of the promos.

I also think you guys are missing the most obvious point. The curve at the back of the shoe.

The promos are straight in the back, no curve whatsoever. That was also one of the big indicators between real and fake. Lets compare

VS.

It might just be me, but I do see a slight curve at the back of the promos.

Originally Posted by memphissfinest

Originally Posted by dtb00201

Originally Posted by Modzzilla

These were only called out as fake when someone statrted a rumour that they were "not autorized by Nike".

But.....................they are.

I'm sure Nike does make promo shoes for celebs and what not, but why weren't these out when the cdp's were out? This is 3 years later and suddenly there are full size runs of these being sold by the early release sellers. So go ahead and enlighten us all on how this is possible, and how this is authorized.

PLEASE DO MOD, SINCE YOU ARE "IN THE KNOW".

SAME THINKING THAT GOT PEOPLE THINKING THE "REMADE" SPACE JAMS WERE REAL
laugh.gif

FULL SIZE RUNS OF PROMO SHOES, 3 YEARS LATER ON THE EARLY RELEASE CHINESE SITES THAT HAVE WILLINGLY SOLD FAKES.

YOU CAN LEAD A HORSE TO WATER....

I actually have no clue.

Just thought i'd fuel the debate and see what comes out in the wash.

It'd be nice if Nike actually released some word on these, fake or not, but the truth is. Nike love it.

I think the heel bump pics are the best evidence either way that ive seen.

Originally Posted by memphissfinest

Originally Posted by dtb00201

Originally Posted by Modzzilla

These were only called out as fake when someone statrted a rumour that they were "not autorized by Nike".

But.....................they are.

I'm sure Nike does make promo shoes for celebs and what not, but why weren't these out when the cdp's were out? This is 3 years later and suddenly there are full size runs of these being sold by the early release sellers. So go ahead and enlighten us all on how this is possible, and how this is authorized.

PLEASE DO MOD, SINCE YOU ARE "IN THE KNOW".

SAME THINKING THAT GOT PEOPLE THINKING THE "REMADE" SPACE JAMS WERE REAL
laugh.gif

FULL SIZE RUNS OF PROMO SHOES, 3 YEARS LATER ON THE EARLY RELEASE CHINESE SITES THAT HAVE WILLINGLY SOLD FAKES.

YOU CAN LEAD A HORSE TO WATER....

I actually have no clue.

Just thought i'd fuel the debate and see what comes out in the wash.

It'd be nice if Nike actually released some word on these, fake or not, but the truth is. Nike love it.

I think the heel bump pics are the best evidence either way that ive seen.

Here are a picture of a comparison between a 99 columbia pair and a pair of fake 2000 Blings that I mistakingly bought a while back in 2008. The inside tag was the exact same as you wouldve seen on a pair of 00 Blings. Luckily the seller took them back, though he still didnt admit they were fake. The pics were angled to where they were hard to tell.

Here are a picture of a comparison between a 99 columbia pair and a pair of fake 2000 Blings that I mistakingly bought a while back in 2008. The inside tag was the exact same as you wouldve seen on a pair of 00 Blings. Luckily the seller took them back, though he still didnt admit they were fake. The pics were angled to where they were hard to tell.

Are they both fake? Those Columbias look way off!

Columbia's look fine overall (as far as I can tell from these angles)... the heel tab stitching is pretty crooked/slanted, though (maybe they're B-grades?... still don't think they're fakes).

His point is well taken, though... the "promo" IV's definitely don't have the right shape/"curve" in the back.

Honestly, do we really have to look any farther than the fact that they're bringing out a FSR of 3+ year old PROMO kicks?

These "early release" sellers are bad news. I have never purchased from them, so I can't say FOR SURE/FROM EXPERIENCE (but really, how much experience do you need seeing FSR of these kicks/hearing and seeing all the evidence of past stuff), but it's just a really shady thing any way that you look at it. I can't stand it. But educating/"enlightening" NT to it isn't going to stop it... there's too many casual heads that are going to buy them early if they're available without a second thought. Not that casual sneakerheads are a bad thing... it's just the fact that, no matter what happens here, this "grey" market business won't ever stop just due to boycotting it on NT.

Columbia's look fine overall (as far as I can tell from these angles)... the heel tab stitching is pretty crooked/slanted, though (maybe they're B-grades?... still don't think they're fakes).

His point is well taken, though... the "promo" IV's definitely don't have the right shape/"curve" in the back.

Honestly, do we really have to look any farther than the fact that they're bringing out a FSR of 3+ year old PROMO kicks?

These "early release" sellers are bad news. I have never purchased from them, so I can't say FOR SURE/FROM EXPERIENCE (but really, how much experience do you need seeing FSR of these kicks/hearing and seeing all the evidence of past stuff), but it's just a really shady thing any way that you look at it. I can't stand it. But educating/"enlightening" NT to it isn't going to stop it... there's too many casual heads that are going to buy them early if they're available without a second thought. Not that casual sneakerheads are a bad thing... it's just the fact that, no matter what happens here, this "grey" market business won't ever stop just due to boycotting it on NT.

Originally Posted by firmePORvida

Columbias are Authentic.  The easy way to tell on the IVs before 2003 was the stitching underneath the wings.  The stitching was longer than the bottom of the wing.  On the retros from 04 til now, the stitching is as long as the bottom of the wings. Also, the fake Bling IV's had no air in the air units, and they smelled very very strong like laquer thinner.

Columbias are Authentic.  The easy way to tell on the IVs before 2003 was the stitching underneath the wings.  The stitching was longer than the bottom of the wing.  On the retros from 04 til now, the stitching is as long as the bottom of the wings. Also, the fake Bling IV's had no air in the air units, and they smelled very very strong like laquer thinner.

I'd like to say that the CDP IV promos I had are fake. I wanted to believe so hard that they weren't, but I took them to RIF out here in LA and compared CDP shoes which showed may inconsistencies...bummer!

They mentioned that there are Promo IV's out there, but not too many.

Thankfully the seller refunded me my money. Dude said he would stop selling the promos. This is the last transaction I do off craigslist.

I'd like to say that the CDP IV promos I had are fake. I wanted to believe so hard that they weren't, but I took them to RIF out here in LA and compared CDP shoes which showed may inconsistencies...bummer!

Thankfully the seller refunded me my money. Dude said he would stop selling the promos. This is the last transaction I do off craigslist.

Yeah, it sucks.  But at least you were able to get your money back.   Every picture in this thread has the exact same shape as the shoes you have.  I guess its hard for some people to believe that they paid that much for fakes.  Stupid Air Randy and SneakeRape. 

Yeah, it sucks.  But at least you were able to get your money back.   Every picture in this thread has the exact same shape as the shoes you have.  I guess its hard for some people to believe that they paid that much for fakes.  Stupid Air Randy and SneakeRape. 

so there are really legit promo 4's out there floating around.. cuz i've had had CDP 4s and promo 4's and there seems to be just minor differences.. overall shape and quality looks good.. imo.

Back
Top Bottom