Air Jordan IV - "Laser" 30th Anniversary 705333-105

A lot of us have/had pairs with sticky soles, that was pretty common.. If you go back in thread to RD, you will see a lot ppl were talking about it
Yeah i was one of em after i got my pair delivered from FTL, i was just wondering who else and could gather a tally

88 pages on this thread and a sticky soles is mentioned 4 or 5 times, didn't realize that's a lot of people? If it was truly an issue there would be way more mentioning of it, since people LOVE to point out flaws and quality control issues JB has! Probably some Unauthorized or early pairs that have that issue..
Yeah def not some unauthorized crap bruh relax ... my pair was from FTL and soon as I pulled them out the box they were sticking to the black paper stuff and felt sticky to the touch.

The reason i was aaking who else is because buyer i sold to is claiming the shoes werent as advertised (NIB/DS) because "i applied something to the soles and removed it which made them sticky because no shoe from the factory comes like that" .. which i remember back on release day people were talking about it

Last edited:
I haven't even looked at mine since I bought em, but I remember the whole shoe having a sticky feel to it when I got it.

Yeah i was one of em after i got my pair delivered from FTL, i was just wondering who else and could gather a tally
Yeah def not some unauthorized crap bruh relax ... my pair was from FTL and soon as I pulled them out the box they were sticking to the black paper stuff and felt sticky to the touch.

The reason i was aaking who else is because buyer i sold to is claiming the shoes werent as advertised (NIB/DS) because "i applied something to the soles and removed it which made them sticky because no shoe from the factory comes like that" .. which i remember back on release day people were talking about it

Interesting to hear that they came from FTL that way and a couple others had/have the same issues, I wonder if it was just a batch or certain size of them like that since my pair doesn't feel any different than any other Jordan IV sole or Retro for that matter..

As far as your claim is concerned, did you mention any of the issues in the listing description? Most people buying New/Deadstock shoes expect them to come just like they would if they bought directly from Nike, FTL, etc; so if the shoes arrived any other way than that without any mentioning of it then it would be hard to argue against them.. As far as fighting the claim, Ebay doesn't take kindly to sellers that have claims like this opened so hopefully you've dealt with it quickly since not sure taking them back as a return is worse than getting negative feedback and having that claim on your account.. Especially if you have a good history as far as account being active/open and feedback.. Just my two cents since I stopped selling on Ebay a long time ago due to their BS rules and always siding with buyers who really have all the power these days..

These shoe look amazing and are unique.  I also find them more wearable than my WC4s, which are so bright white that they don't go as well in general.  Unfortunately one of my shoes is cracking on the bottom part of the white part of the midsole.  I miss the OG days when the midsoles would just turn yellow.  I like when shoes are worn and age.  The fact that a shoe worn less than a dozen times, and otherwise look DS, show cracking.  This is what's turning me off from spending money on more retros.  Anyway, the shoe looks awesome, and is really under-appreciated if you ask me!

Can't remember what I paid in store.

But they were worth it.

88 pages and a fair bit of hate cracks me up.

They're awesome.

I bought these in store for $265 and honestly looking back at it that wasn't a good choice lol. In my opinion they aren't worth $265.
Let me guess you got consume with the hype, then you had buyers remorse because they werent limited ? Just sell them for what you think they are worth.

I bought these in store for $265 and honestly looking back at it that wasn't a good choice lol. In my opinion they aren't worth $265. 
Not clear re. how posting a pic of the shoe that we've seen a thousand times helps support your opinion that these aren't worth $265?  That said, I happen to agree, which is why I didn't purchase when they released.  I settled on a DS pair months later for $215 shipped.  Just wish the midsole wasn't painted; much prefer them turning yellow (which wouldn't look so bad on this shoe) compared to the stress cracks that have started appearing on the left shoe (after maybe 15 wears).  At least it helps slow down the desire to purchase more shoes knowing that they won't look good for their wearable life, which for me would be 15+ years b/c I'm just walking around in them at the office.  Oh well....until the point where the cracking upsets me to look at them, I'm going to enjoy wearing them!

Was able to get my hands on 2 pairs of these lazers i like everything about the shoe but the price and laces it cost me 550 for 2 pairs of 10.5 with the footlocker receipt which isnt bad buying them almost a year later i got one pair with the dice on the toe of the shoe and the other has the 8s and the 3s etched into the toe the only thing that sucks is how long before the icy soles yellow even with the sauce if someone has better ideas on the soles lasting longer id appreciate the help

Has anyone changed the laces in this shoe

I want to put regular white laces
Hate the fat wax laces only thing that's stopping me is I won't line up the laces correctly
It's a pain in the butt
Love this shoe one of my favorites from last year

Last edited:
I've been wearing these as my go to shoes (several times a week) for the past few weeks.  I'm bummed that the white midsole is cracking, however, the entire shoe looks amazing, and they're pretty comfortable.  They're also much more wearable than my WC4s, which are so bright white that they just don't play off well with a lot of clothes.  I'm able to wear these in a business casual environment (with jeans), and they look good.  For any 4 fans that passed on these, I think that was a mistake.  I refused to pay retail, but at the discounted price I got, so worthwhile.  They'd be perfection if they didn't crack....

While I appreciate the OG colorways (having grown up in that era), I also appreciate the effort to try new things.  These really are a work of art.  Would love something similar in black.  Too bad the black 3lab4s never materialized.....

528E65CB-6FD6-4503-A306-7B8BB134DEE9.jpeg
Still wear and enjoy these- great kicks for the summer.

Back
Top Bottom