Air Jordan IV White/Cement 2012 Via Modern Notoriety Update **Nov 2nd 2011** 1st Page VOL ON POINT!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by gentry187

Originally Posted by j4ck

Originally Posted by dtb00201

Even though I like white cement IV's more than the south beaches, I actually felt like I got $160 worth of a shoe when I bought my south beaches. I'm pretty sure I won't feel like that about the cement IV's. It's almost laughable that those two sneakers share a price tag.
how many people buy lebrons for BBall > # people who buy Jordans to ball in
thats probably why

So the fact that people buy more Lebrons than Jordans to ball in justifies getting less of a shoe and quality In Jordan's but still paying the same amount as a well made pair?
30t6p3b.gif

Man I couldnt agree more.  The Lebron 8 felt like a 160 dollar shoe, even though I only paid 70 percent of that.  Now, had the White Cement IV looked and felt exactly as the 99's did, I wouldnt think twice about spending 160, even though they still wouldnt be as comfortable as the LBJ 8 was..  However, the garbage that will be released is nowhere near worth 160, and its a shame that most people will buy them no questions asked.  

The IV is the most butchered retro made since 2004.  They chopped it in half, took the padding out from the ankles and tongues, screwed up the midsole/air unit, crappy stitching, used rubber for the mesh, and made it look like a banana.  Im surprised it doesnt weigh less than the Kobe VI.

Hell, this shoe shouldve decreased in price to 90 dollars. Its pretty sad that you can now say the Jordan IV is the cheap version of the Flight 89. 
This is one post 04 Model that Im proud to say I dont own any of. 

Even though I like white cement IV's more than the south beaches, I actually felt like I got $160 worth of a shoe when I bought my south beaches. I'm pretty sure I won't feel like that about the cement IV's. It's almost laughable that those two sneakers share a price tag.
thats probably why

So the fact that people buy more Lebrons than Jordans to ball in justifies getting less of a shoe and quality In Jordan's but still paying the same amount as a well made pair?
30t6p3b.gif

Man I couldnt agree more.  The Lebron 8 felt like a 160 dollar shoe, even though I only paid 70 percent of that.  Now, had the White Cement IV looked and felt exactly as the 99's did, I wouldnt think twice about spending 160, even though they still wouldnt be as comfortable as the LBJ 8 was..  However, the garbage that will be released is nowhere near worth 160, and its a shame that most people will buy them no questions asked.  

The IV is the most butchered retro made since 2004.  They chopped it in half, took the padding out from the ankles and tongues, screwed up the midsole/air unit, crappy stitching, used rubber for the mesh, and made it look like a banana.  Im surprised it doesnt weigh less than the Kobe VI.

Hell, this shoe shouldve decreased in price to 90 dollars. Its pretty sad that you can now say the Jordan IV is the cheap version of the Flight 89. 
This is one post 04 Model that Im proud to say I dont own any of. 

Originally Posted by Agent0024

Originally Posted by memphissfinest

AHHHH, A TRAPPER KEEPER. FOND MEMORIES.

^ this ^

And that NWA was the illness.... I use to keep the CASSETTE TAPE in the chest poccet of my Diccies shirts.... damn str8 fond memories....

Damn I'm old when I can recall all those items in the pics. Only thing missing is the pull-out cassette deck from the cars back in the day. Remember everyone in high school carrying these things while wearing jordan's.

Originally Posted by Agent0024

Originally Posted by memphissfinest

AHHHH, A TRAPPER KEEPER. FOND MEMORIES.

^ this ^

And that NWA was the illness.... I use to keep the CASSETTE TAPE in the chest poccet of my Diccies shirts.... damn str8 fond memories....

Damn I'm old when I can recall all those items in the pics. Only thing missing is the pull-out cassette deck from the cars back in the day. Remember everyone in high school carrying these things while wearing jordan's.

I still think Nike know there market, most of the old retros of any shoe are for street wear, not many actually ball in them, except for sneakerheads, and we aint that big a buyer market.

So they make the retros shoes cheap, and hock em at escaleted prices.

And you'll ALL buy those IVs, regardles of minor changes like the grey addition to the sole, and you know it.

I know i will.

And so do Nike.

I still think Nike know there market, most of the old retros of any shoe are for street wear, not many actually ball in them, except for sneakerheads, and we aint that big a buyer market.

So they make the retros shoes cheap, and hock em at escaleted prices.

And you'll ALL buy those IVs, regardles of minor changes like the grey addition to the sole, and you know it.

I know i will.

And so do Nike.

I remember having the XJ-900 rendition of these back in 89.

A fella was getting clowned on for days. But being 7 years old...

you're apathetic towards such criticisms.

two pairs for me, irregardless of the Turd... I mean tech grey, i
still need these.

I remember having the XJ-900 rendition of these back in 89.

A fella was getting clowned on for days. But being 7 years old...

you're apathetic towards such criticisms.

two pairs for me, irregardless of the Turd... I mean tech grey, i
still need these.

thats probably why

30t6p3b.gif
not justifying anything. just saying that people buy jordans these days just to rock and people buy lebron's to ball in (mostly)
JB knows people intentions of buying jordans arent to ball in. 

thats probably why

30t6p3b.gif
not justifying anything. just saying that people buy jordans these days just to rock and people buy lebron's to ball in (mostly)
JB knows people intentions of buying jordans arent to ball in. 

Well looks like da Air flights 89 coming next year beats
da Retro IVs,ESP if look like that might as well go ahead and pick up
the Air flight classic in almost the same color i juss seen at finishline the other
day.

Well looks like da Air flights 89 coming next year beats
da Retro IVs,ESP if look like that might as well go ahead and pick up
the Air flight classic in almost the same color i juss seen at finishline the other
day.

these are horrible, so far from what I have seen.
If these retro like they have been shown in pictures I WILL pass.
It'll be really easy as a matter of fact. I'll just sit back and watch all the sneakerheads (hypebeasts) buy these because they're J's. Also will watch resellers buy up stock to list them at $250 but only get about $180 to $190 thus only making about $7- $17, Minus shipping and 4% if it's not a meetup.

JB I'm done with you guys, go ahead and keep manipulating and screwing over your customers and enthusiasts, the very ones that, made you what you are today.

these are horrible, so far from what I have seen.
If these retro like they have been shown in pictures I WILL pass.
It'll be really easy as a matter of fact. I'll just sit back and watch all the sneakerheads (hypebeasts) buy these because they're J's. Also will watch resellers buy up stock to list them at $250 but only get about $180 to $190 thus only making about $7- $17, Minus shipping and 4% if it's not a meetup.

JB I'm done with you guys, go ahead and keep manipulating and screwing over your customers and enthusiasts, the very ones that, made you what you are today.

It's still a long way to go. We won't know how the final product will look like. Give it until Fall and we'll know. These will be my final pair.

It's still a long way to go. We won't know how the final product will look like. Give it until Fall and we'll know. These will be my final pair.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom