Air Jordan Retro 5 "Doernbecher" CONFIRMED release!! 9/14/13

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly, I just want the shoes. I also have my doubts about donating to the Doernbecher Foundation when the salary of the Executive Director Susan H. Nicol
was $178,016 in 2011. Always do your homework before making a charitable donation, you would be surprised how much actually gets to the people in need.

You are really off base here with the insinuation that the most renowned children's chairity hospital in the region is somehow mismanaged or shady for paying their executive director a competitive salary. And I use the word competitive very loosely because her salary is undoubtedly 20-30% less than for profit CEO's of similar size companies. I agree that 180k is a lot of money anually but would you rather them pay a less qualified and competent person let's say 120k? Would that be a good use of our donated dollars???

I'm definitely not saying all charitable non profits are ran well or make the best use of the donated money they receive... I'm simply saying that you're looking for something that isn't there when it comes to the OHSU Doernbecher center.

Exactly. I would consider that less for a CEO, Boston hospital directors make MUCH more and I'm questionable of their 'charitable' work.

People get all worked up when they see anything with six figures... calm down kids :lol:

Edit: quick google search...multiple executives/directors of Boston area hopsitals pulled in 1mill+, so there you go...

You realize that she is not director of the OHSU hospital right? The Doernbecher Childrens program is a part of OHSU but OHSU is still a traditional hospital. It's a charitable non profit within the actual hospital.

Last edited:
Why did they take NTSF out of the mix 
mean.gif

178k? That is nothing. I would not be a CEO for that. Top sales people in tech make more than that.

I know you would never be a ceo anyway pal.

Do you know what's a charity corporation? They're not some money hungry/profit driven company. The work of the CEO of a charity firm is not even the same as the work of the CEO of let say walmart or ibm, etc.

lol

Last edited:
really hoping to land a pair, will have to make the 8 hour round trip to dallas if im successful with rsvp, def worth the drive imo.

really hoping to land a pair, will have to make the 8 hour round trip to dallas if im successful with rsvp, def worth the drive imo.

I'll be flying in from Canberra if one of the Destroyers with my name on it gets selected.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom