Air Jordan retro IV THUNDER QUICKSTRIKE 12/22 before the end of the year

I totally agree with this logic. It kind of makes it hard for alot of people to just horde all the shoes.
Did it stop you or the other couple dudes who shelled out $800 for the IX pack? 

Pushing it back can do 2 things..1. make it flop for the bred XIs coming the week after or 2. Sellout in hopes to cash in on the ones who missed out on BRED XIs.

Nike needs to go back to releasing 1 pair a month and call it a day

Did it stop you or the other couple dudes who shelled out $800 for the IX pack? 

Pushing it back can do 2 things..1. make it flop for the bred XIs coming the week after or 2. Sellout in hopes to cash in on the ones who missed out on BRED XIs.

Nike needs to go back to releasing 1 pair a month and call it a day

Boom

At this point... I almost feel like JB releasing multiple kicks I hope to get at a frequent pace and, so close isn't what gets to me @ this point...cause even more than the tightness of the RD bothering me, the non to minimal access to it is what's killing me. just assign more than 10 pairs of freaking shoes to a store and I won't mention nothing else as a complaint, round my way doesn't get much limited or qs and if we do its a duck hunt or a pocket breaker from some non sneaker store
:smh: :x

Shouldn't releasing these so close to the Black/Red XI's make them an easier cop?

If you were prepped to make that purchase next week...why not just put that bread away for another month+?

grin.gif

Who can blame JB for throwing so many releases out there, why would you release less shoes when you can drop several retros a month and have the vast majority of them sell out?  They're in the business of making money, not of making things easier for the consumer.

Having both of these releases lumped together is fine by me.  Cool Grey IX's should be a breeze.

I never understood how lumping releases together makes them easier to cop. Either way, there will not be enough units.

It forces some people without the bread to choose.  Also forces some resellers to make tough decisions rather than fronting the bread for several shoes and risk not being able to make good profit off of them all.

If the supply met the demand we'd all be satisfied, but we know that Nike doesn't care about addressing that issue.

^^^ Completely agree. It forces people who may not have the money right then and there for both to choose. Some people will still have the cash to get both but it curbs the problem to an extent. More people should be able to get a shoe this way. I'm still copping both though 
laugh.gif
. Nice try JB.

For those that don't understand the logic, lemme break it down...

If there are 100 units of Shoe X to release on Saturday (any saturday), and there are 150 people that want the shoes, then lets assume that 100 people have a pair of sneakers and 50 people weren't able to get a pair.. Then, lets say there are 100 units of Shoe Y to release the following saturday, with the same 150 people that want a pair, we will assume that 100 people have a pair of sneakers and again, 50 people weren't able to get a pair. However, it COULD be the same 100 people that got sneakers on the 1st Saturday and the 2nd Saturday and the same 50 people that weren't able to get a pair.

In example B, those same 200 sneakers (both Sneaker X and Sneaker Y) both release on the same day. In this particular scenario, all 150 people will get a pair of sneakers. Yes, a lucky 50 people will still be able to get both pair, but now EVERYONE has SOMETHING and NO ONE has NOTHING.

Hope that is easier to understand...

Peace.

im glad these got pushed back. i was going to have to skip these to get pairs of DB9s. now i can fully focus on those

They probably pushed these back so it wouldnt steal any of the Black/Cement 4's attention

I'm alright with these getting pushed back, gives me a better chance at copping these :smokin

Pushed back?

:smh:

Just release em already.

Yea, I find that weird too.
Maybe I'm just not paying attention to other releases, my focus is on the Black/Cement IV, but it seems like right NOW is kind of a lull, and would be a better opportunity to see them drop then Dec. 26th

Last edited:
Still. Supply is so much less than demand that if we were all forced to chose just one shoe that month, we would still be under supplied. These things dont sell out because the same person buys every release. I have almost never been able to afford every release I wanted in a year (even back when they only made 8 or so a year), nor have i ever wanted every release in a year and they still sell out. You may weed out some people who cant spend that much bread in a short while, but overall there is still more than enough demand to go around.

If you grouped every retro released in a year into just a few weeks, despite the fact that most people wouldn't be able to afford more than a few, they would still sell out quick. Supply is that short.

Even then I still dont think it matters. They have been grouping a lot of these together since last year and they are still day 1 sellouts with few exceptions.

Last edited:
Still. Supply is so much less than demand that if we were all forced to chose just one shoe that month, we would still be under supplied. These things dont sell out because the same person buys every release. I have almost never been able to afford every release I wanted in a year (even back when they only made 8 or so a year), nor have i ever wanted every release in a year and they still sell out. You may weed out some people who cant spend that much bread in a short while, but overall there is still more than enough demand to go around.

If you grouped every retro released in a year into just a few weeks, despite the fact that most people wouldn't be able to afford more than a few, they would still sell out quick. Supply is that short.

Even then I still dont think it matters. They have been grouping a lot of these together since last year and they are still day 1 sellouts with few exceptions.
JB could easily up production numbers, but we all know that's not happening.  Instead they'll settle for manipulating the buyer.

I think they pushed the Thunders back because with them coming out on the same day as the (limited) Olives, they would risk the Olives sitting for a 3rd time even with a limited tag on them.....

I will also say that some stores have gotten the Thunders and may not be aware of the date change... I have seen that happen before, where they change the date and the stores had no idea so they were pushing them on the original date...  So I would check all mom and pops stores, you might get lucky... That happened to me with a CDP and a pair of Citron Spizikes...

Last edited:
Pushed back?  

JB playing games..

Smellin like a true quickstrike if you ask me.

I hope they pop up randomly on NDC and in-stores.

Its the best way.

Back
Top Bottom