Air Jordan V 5 Retro Fire Red "Black Tongue" 8/31

i wasnt even talkin to you davinci

steelo i dont have any reason to lie my man. but its all good. 

some people dont have my type of mentality 

i just wanna see those first day of school pictures...

everyone gonna have these on lol

Last edited:
One for me, one for my daughter, one for my son. Yeah, it's going to be like that for this release. Always has been and always will be one of my favorite shoes of all time. :smokin

I didn't "call you out" I quoted you because I thoroughly disagree with your vague inaccurate opinion.

I sound ignorant and I'm and idiot? I may have disagreed with you harshly but I never disrespected you or called you names - that's ignorance. If you can't handle hearing an adverse opinion maybe you shouldn't be posting vague opinions that hold no water or pose no argument.

"These will sit longer than the FR3" was your comment. And if that's how you feel, then my opinion is that you don't know what your talking about... no need for name calling and being disrespectful.

And since you want to form an opinion now all of a sudden- NOTHING about the FR3 applies to the FR5. FR3 had MASSIVE production #'s, we're not even positive where these stand yet, everyone knows it high, but higher than FR3? -I doubt it. The FR3 IS NOT a favorite CW among the 3's, it's actually the least appreciated OG CW, so it's clearly not a heavy favorite. And lastly NOBODY knew how great the materials were until after the release, and I guaranteed after people saw the quality they doubled up or decided to purchase.

So you have proved once again, u don't know what your talking about...

I'll go do some push ups now since I'm bored and like "sounding ignorant"

That's a great point. We don't know what the production on these look like. Joey is also right about the fire red 3s being one of the least appreciated colorway of the 3s.. Not sure how u can just say outta no where there gonn sit like 3s.. Even if it's your opinion, it's stupid.

That's a great point. We don't know what the production on these look like. Joey is also right about the fire red 3s being one of the least appreciated colorway of the 3s.. Not sure how u can just say outta no where there gonn sit like 3s.. Even if it's your opinion, it's stupid.
I think all the 3s minus the crimsons and possibly the fears were all in pretty high demand... i dont know, personally I like this better than the Wc 3s, and I own both

I think all the 3s minus the crimsons and possibly the fears were all in pretty high demand... i dont know, personally I like this better than the Wc 3s, and I own both

You say high demand.. I say not mass produced. And the threes that have released black cement white cement? Are you kidding me? Yes my bad bro, those were in VERY HIGH demand. But were comparing fr3s to these. Demand was crazy high for stealth 3s right.. Think before you post.

Last edited:
Plain and simple, as long as i been around growing up with Jordans while they were being put out, each model had 1 and maybe a second cw that was the flagship. Whatever Jordan wore at the time was the go to. This cw was one of em. They aint sittin. General release but aint sittin. I kindve see the strategy with the 3. The 88s were the go to but obviously limited. They knew there was a strong desire and the fr3 was a perfect gamble. Og cw, clean look. Its my guess for why there were so many. Back to school im sure had alot to do with it.

These wont sit. There a 5, one of the flagship models, hearing pretty decent production numbers. Would love to be able to just walk in a cop but can never take that risk these days. Im sure theyl be around elsewhere for ppl that sleep, just ring around on release day, youl find a pair easily just may mean a lil drive if u dont line up etc. Me, im looking forward to having these in my collect. Plain n Simple n classic

View media item 556564

i wasnt even talkin to you davinci

steelo i dont have any reason to lie my man. but its all good. 

some people dont have my type of mentality 

i just wanna see those first day of school pictures...

everyone gonna have these on lol

It doesnt matter if you were talking to me or not. Youre on a public forum. Everybody thinks theyre a hustler nowadays and forget that there are people out there who genuinely like the shoe, but basically have to go through middlemen (resellers) to get them. Yeah there is little money to be made but it spoils it for the others

I don't know what's going on up there but all I want to know is if these will be like the FR3s. I see FR3s going for like 190 shipped. I gotta postpone trying to get these this weekend so I'm hoping to scoop em up later for about the same.

I have a question. I just recently started collecting jordans. Im trying to figure out the best way to store them. Im keeping them in the original box and in bedroom closet. I keep seeing some videos on youtube talking about keep them in zip lock bags to prevent yellowing and such. Then other videos say dont put them in zip lock bags, they need to breathe. Keeping them in bags dries them out and makes midsole crack. ANY SUGGESTIONS PLEASE??????

check the sneaker care/maintenance thread for some ideas. Personally I store the shoes in their boxes in a closet without the paper as that causes yellowing.

I don't know what's going on up there but all I want to know is if these will be like the FR3s. I see FR3s going for like 190 shipped. I gotta postpone trying to get these this weekend so I'm hoping to scoop em up later for about the same.
Some pre-order sites have them up for as low as 200 before ship.  If by postponing you meant you wouldn't have the funds, then disregard.

^^lol yeah I have to cop in a few weeks. Adding new hardwood flooring and ceiling fans to the house so sneakers on hold for now. But then again I've seen recent drops (green glows, toros etc) go for about 225-240 shipped which isn't too bad. I was just surprised at how low the BIN prices were on eBay for the FR3s. I passed on em but seeing as they're pretty much retail plus shipping I might scoop up. Figuring they made tons of those so hoping the same goes for FR5s.

If anyone of you came from the green glow thread i had posted about my FTL being shady... well they did it again. Guaranteed tickets started TODAY at 10am local time. I got to the mall about 2 minutes til, they lift the gate. Its me and 3 other people in the store. 2 of the other people and myself walk to the counter and ask for a size. 1 gets a 12 the other a 10.5 ... i say 11.5 .. gone (to the employee that just asked me for my size, same one who took the 12 from me in the 4s). Not only are 12, 10.5 & 11.5 gone but every other size already have names next to it with only 3 pairs left and they only been open for 3-4 minutes.

Done with the foolishness from them

Last edited:
Is this considered a General Release
smile.gif
QS

If anyone of you came from the green glow thread i had posted about my FTL being shady... well they did it again. Guaranteed tickets started TODAY at 10am local time. I got to the mall about 2 minutes til, they lift the gate. Its me and 3 other people in the store. 2 of the other people and myself walk to the counter and ask for a size. 1 gets a 12 the other a 10.5 ... i say 11.5 .. gone (to the employee that just asked me for my size, same one who took the 12 from me in the 4s). Not only are 12, 10.5 & 11.5 gone but every other size already have names next to it with only 3 pairs left and they only been open for 3-4 minutes.

Is this a small FTL, or they just don't get many Jordans?

Is this a small FTL, or they just don't get many Jordans?
Both .. get about 1 pair per size except in 9-10.5 they usually get 2. Demand is low so they dont get hardly any releases at all. Just the big GRs

oh well hopefully I can get thru with JJ and not have to wake up early .. or get em off NDC with that 6% cash back on ebates.

My local footlockers started doing this procedure after the bugs 8s release, it was raffle before that. Since then the only release ive been able to secure from these stores is playoff 8s, and i was only able to secure a 10.5 when I needed an 11 ideally. Bottom line is that this new procedure is crap, ive vented my frustrations several times.

I have about 3-5 less spots I can cop from ever since certain footlocker stores started this crap.

My local footlockers started doing this procedure after the bugs 8s release, it was raffle before that. Since then the only release ive been able to secure from these stores is playoff 8s, and i was only able to secure a 10.5 when I needed an 11 ideally. Bottom line is that this new procedure is crap, ive vented my frustrations several times.

I have about 3-5 less spots I can cop from ever since certain footlocker stores started this crap.

They started guaranteed tickets with the bc4s last year. Thats the only pair ive been able to grab for myself .. every other release my size was always gone by the time i got there when they opened. And for the 13s that released they did fcfs and my size was gone when i got there when they opened.

With these ticket procedures i only come away with pairs for other people im helpin out. Never anything for myself always having to wake up at 6am and battle the internet

Back
Top Bottom