Air Jordan V "Black Grapes" QS

I put in for a Raffle at my local DTLR on Monday missed the call today call backed and they said I'm good to go come Saturday...the bamma told me they almost threw my ticket away because I didn't answer.. Dude it was 11am I do work and have meetings like give me a break
I lose the DTLR raffle every time. Do they not get that many pairs?

I put in for a Raffle at my local DTLR on Monday missed the call today call backed and they said I'm good to go come Saturday...the bamma told me they almost threw my ticket away because I didn't answer.. Dude it was 11am I do work and have meetings like give me a break

Yo you saying bamma immediately made jamie foxx show click in my head. Havent heard anyome use that in real life. Thought of braxton hahahaha.

Miss that show

These are being raffled cuz of limited quantities and high demand...I only know 2 first come first serve spots in the city and 3 major malls are doing raffles...the connect said he's gonna keep it 100 with me as always which means I might be able to help someone on here cop...

They are in fact, labeled as a QS release. What does that mean I guess we don't really know. Because like you said, there are probably more of these than say, the Bo Knows raiders trainer which was also a QS.

Quick Strike isn't even a term that applies to anything about availability to the end customer (us). The availability is inferred because they are almost always limited. Retailers buy and sign contracts for these shoes about a year in advance of their release. Sometimes Nike, or whatever company, will come up with an idea after that timeframe and want to release it sooner than a year out. A quick strike is more a term for the type of the sale between Nike and the retailer. They are often times more limited because Nike has less time to make the shoes and distribute them, so they plan production accordingly. They are also more limited to the number of retailers than anything. Part of that is because Nike knows they will only make so many in the shorter time frame, so they only sign contracts with the few companies they need to move the number of pairs they'll have, and the company distributes them to their stores where they want to. These are a QS simply because they weren't in the 2013 look book and contracts were signed less than 12 months out from release date. I don't think 12 months is a hard date or anything, it just usually falls under that amount of time. These are a QS, but there are still kids pairs.

I've seen pairs that are OD ashy and some that look like a completely different material and they were legit pairs...what's good?

I know most places near me do raffles because they know the demand that all jordans get. They don't want problems happening when people get hurt because of some shoes.

put down raffles at several different FTL's in SOCAL hope at least one spot comes through for me on Friday if not then online I go. >D

Last edited:
I entered one raffle at FTL, and got a guaranteed ticket for a sz 12 at Champs because my size was gone
mean.gif

Do you think I'll have any luck trying to swap these for my size?

Last edited:
I'm sure you'll have no problem swapping sizes with someone or getting them off if you're forced to go the resell route.

They were supposed to start handing out tickets at Champs @ 5pm, so I figured it would be smart to get there early.

Peeps had been chilling since noon.
grin.gif
  I got there at 4, and they started handing them out 5-10 minutes later.  They only had about 40/50 pairs.

By the time they got to me they only had 2 12s and 2 14s left.
mean.gif

These are being raffled cuz of limited quantities and high demand...I only know 2 first come first serve spots in the city and 3 major malls are doing raffles...the connect said he's gonna keep it 100 with me as always which means I might be able to help someone on here cop...

When and where are the FCFS spots you know in the city? Ityll be much appreciated

I think they should do the raffle in person. Give out a schedule time when the drawing will take place and if they pic your name you leave and when release day come they call those who werent there tell them to bring an ID and thats that lol. A few spots i know make you sign this ratchet college ruled 50page notebook at the counter, then they cut the names out and pull from a hat or ball(forgot which one the dude said).

Majority of them aren't rigged, there is just so many people that usually enter that it makes it harder to win.
Lots of factors. Like you said if a store gets 16 pairs and there's 100 raffles then your chances are slim. I've also seen stores handing out 5 tix if you buy a shoe cleaner so..

Last edited:
Hey has anyone ever tried to have two nike accounts to get multiple pairs...I need two pairs one for my brother and one for myself

Hey has anyone ever tried to have two nike accounts to get multiple pairs...I need two pairs one for my brother and one for myself

U can but by the time u buy a pair n then sign out sign back in u prob wont secure what u want. All u have to do is checkout once then the next time use a different cc. So just got put enough cash on one of those visa gift cards n use it at checkout.

Ive checked out with fnl for 3 oairs of 88s all with the same cc just had to do individual checkouts

I know most places near me do raffles because they know the demand that all jordans get. They don't want problems happening when people get hurt because of some shoes.
Did you go to willowbrook and garden state? Hit me up 
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom