Air Jordan V "Black Grapes" QS

Cannot confirm this. I have the 2000 retros and those were defintely running bigger because they were less stuffed. Its quite a miracle that the recent retro 5 is more stuffed than earlier releases.
The tongue and the upper feels thicker than the
Retros i own from 2000.

So you are saying all the V's made in the past year that ran a half size big (same design diff c/w) are the same as a pair made 13 years ago? Or what exactly? They wouldn't change the design just because the upper is a different material, but the material will hold differently.

A size .5 down wouldn't hurt...its really all up to preference of a snug fit or a little room the 5s mold are a Lil wider than other jays neways...

Last edited:
Pasaic and Paterson are fcfs.  And I need a 12 - 13.  But, I'm going into the city tomorrow morning.  I'm pulling the 24 hours LeMans camp which I'm not looking forward to...but, it's either that or risk reseller prices, and if CMB Kicks in South Orange wasn't so tardy with the price release info, I'd probably just have went to them.  But, now I can't sleep and is wired like a '77 Chevy, so I'm more than likely doing more sleeping while camping than anything else.  Long night ahead...sigh.  Too bad Market & Broad downtown Newark wasn't getting these...
You must not originally be from the Bricks, cause everybody knows its Broad and Market! LOL but speaking on CMB, I thought they were a consignment store?

Last edited:
I'm just off the phone with end clothing, they have nothing on their website so far but they ARE getting them in..they will go up live 7pm tomorrow evening UK time..so 2pm eastern.

I should be fine for copping from ndc so good luck folk.

^i always wondered when they put theirs online, they'll be $215 shipped I believe.

This thread is surprisingly slow for the morning before RD, I guess it's the calm before the storm.

With these kids being out of school there's been lines @ every spot I know of that's gettin em since yesterday and maybe before then smh!! Good luck to everyone!

Its quiet cuz everyone is waiting to see if they get a call for the raffle lol...today's the moment of truth

yeah i guess theres no mobile users on the website today... too scared they will press reject if the call comes in mid browsing haha.

does anyone know roughly the numbers on this release?

Yeh true dat. Im know hearing ppl are passing down here, im un sure like you are now. Its a non OG CW which always throws me off, ya cant tell. White grapes ya just know ppl are gonna be there. I dunno on these if ppl will say their gonna cop and end up passing. What would you compare the hype of this shoe to over there? Less the white grapes? Thanks fam, you too. Im with you, no way im paying above retail, full stop. And we shouldnt have too. be interesting. 20 hours til they drop here, ill chuck a photo or two up on here of the line up and how i went and hopefully thatl give you guys some piece of mind. Goodluck. dont stress. Just get up early and beat the slackers
The hype in my city is less than White Grapes but there are much less pairs to go around. I guess I'd compare it to the Royal I's but I didn't want them so I'm just going off of what I've heard about that cop. This one, at first seemed to be only true sneakerheads that were interested. Once the resellers figured out that they were "limited" they came out and bought the whole family to get tickets. I can't complain too much, though, because in response I did the same thing. I found three of my boys who didnt want them and hit 6 spots for tickets. There's definitely not as much interest from the general public for these as there was for the white ones but there are far less stores getting them/pairs available. The whites were easy compared to these. I know Foot Locker managers who are not sure if they'll get themselves a pair. Every store I went to had less pairs than usual. Demand went up once word got around that supply was limited.

Nah my dude the hype is real. I work in Newark and live in Paterson. On my way into the office I already saw people trying to line up at Footlocker Paterson and Kicks USA :smh: .. I saw some cops as well, probably telling them they couldn't lineup so early.

Passaic or Paterson? If I dont hit for one of these raffles I'll be doing the same. What size are you? If I hit for more than one at a spot that didnt ask for sizes I'll pass to you since I know you're local.

Pasaic and Paterson are fcfs.  And I need a 12 - 13.  But, I'm going into the city tomorrow morning.  I'm pulling the 24 hours LeMans camp which I'm not looking forward to...but, it's either that or risk reseller prices, and if CMB Kicks in South Orange wasn't so tardy with the price release info, I'd probably just have went to them.  But, now I can't sleep and is wired like a '77 Chevy, so I'm more than likely doing more sleeping while camping than anything else.  Long night ahead...sigh.  Too bad Market & Broad downtown Newark wasn't getting these...

CMB is usually $100 over retail. He likes to see the market before he decides on how much he wants to jack the price.

You must not originally be from the Bricks, cause everybody knows its Broad and Market! LOL but speaking on CMB, I thought they were a consignment store?

:lol: ... consignment and new releases at reseller prices.

You guys should check out the NJ thread, we try to keep it updated as much as possible since we're in the same area :nthat:
http://niketalk.com/t/300196/nters-of-new-jersey/300_50#post_18107693

Got the celly juiced up and ringer on full blast. My co-workers are just going to have to pardon the interruptions today!!! :D

Pure speculation: The thunder 4 of 2013

The 4s were universally over produced in 2012, 5s have been the same this year. The quick strikes of the 4s are pretty much all going +20 over retail in resale markets, I'd say the same for these.

However, none of the 5s have sat on par with MB4s. So slightly increased difficulty.

I saw these in person over the weekend, JB could've threw in a free bottle of lotion with these ashy kicks :x ... I'll use these to flip or trade bait at SneakerconNYC next month

Just got the call from Footaction on 34th st in NYC and they had my size. Happiest man right now. I was brushing my teeth and heard the phone rang and ran over to it. If they would've called 15-20 min later I would've been on the train and missed it. So happy

I saw these in person over the weekend, JB could've threw in a free bottle of lotion with these ashy kicks :x ... I'll use these to flip or trade bait at SneakerconNYC next month

i agree.. i saw in person also... hopefully thats was fluke and i ca get a pair that looks like the pair in that video. if not im going to let em fly

it will need to be brushed to look "good". any movement on the suede and it makes it look ashy, just the way the material is..brushed in the same direction it should look all good.

Nah, they're ashy, real ashy.
That's just how the shoe is.

They'll be ashy more than anything while you own them.

Just know when you're copping them to cop suede dye too.

So the manager at my local champs passed out guaranteed tickets this morning. Called it a qs release. Only had 15 pairs.

it will need to be brushed to look "good". any movement on the suede and it makes it look ashy, just the way the material is..brushed in the same direction it should look all good.

That brush isn't saving these fam, the material on the Black Grapes remind me of the Citrus 7s :smh:

This.

I'm pretty sure some pairs will look better than others but just be prepared to take very good care of them or they will start too look like chapped lips and ashy elbows :lol:

Nah, I prefer to just let them do what they do. Maybe one day my black grapes will fully ash into wolf grey grapes. :D

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom