Air Jordan V retro OG - Nike Air - Fire Red/Silver tongue - May 2, 2020

I love em! As I always have when this shoe has Nike Air. I unstuffed them and loosened the laces to show the shape a little better. Theyll go great with my swapped 2000s.
63BCBF9F-C310-402C-94E0-B5D942C17733.jpeg
11055430-8784-4F64-9A17-9CBC4D409AA2.jpeg

Just got my Hibbetts pair in. Very Impressed. You can tell they are taking shortcuts to make them look OG. but at least they are trying and listening. The leather is nothing like the OG , as the OG wore down you could see little dots in the leather so i guess it was a synthetic leather but it wasn't shiny like these and had a totally different feel. Also the tongue as everybody else has said. Its a shame how different the tongue , even from the Met Blacks just a few years ago is. Also it is significantly smaller than the Black Met tongue . Just doesn't sense. But it still a nice shoe overall. Also here is a pic of all of my Nike Air Retro's. Can't wait to add the Fire Red IV.

Attachments

• jordans.jpg
    jordans.jpg
    351.4 KB · Views: 290
People actually got shipping or delivery from the regular snkrs drop? (not shock)

Just noticed the charge fell off too. Thats super annoying especially when using a debit card.

Just got my Hibbetts pair in. Very Impressed. You can tell they are taking shortcuts to make them look OG. but at least they are trying and listening. The leather is nothing like the OG , as the OG wore down you could see little dots in the leather so i guess it was a synthetic leather but it wasn't shiny like these and had a totally different feel. Also the tongue as everybody else has said. Its a shame how different the tongue , even from the Met Blacks just a few years ago is. Also it is significantly smaller than the Black Met tongue . Just doesn't sense. But it still a nice shoe overall. Also here is a pic of all of my Nike Air Retro's. Can't wait to add the Fire Red IV.

OGs were made out of Durabuck. nothing compares to that of material.

Well NT fam, I don’t get the chance to post as much anymore, I’ve been deployed to the Middle East since February and been hearing/ watching all the Corona craziness from afar. Somehow got lucky (and had enough internet connection) to cop a pair for my little man (who just turned 2 yesterday) and myself from all the way out here. I won’t see my boy or my 5s until almost the end of the year, but as always can’t wait to rock them and go matchy matchy with my son. Congrats to all who got a pair, from what I’ve been reading these came out pretty nice! Also wanted to give a shout to Nelson C Nelson C for taking the time to check up on me, it was a pleasant surprise. Much love to all the NT fam, stay safe out there!

Thought I posted this already but now I’m having trouble finding it,

anyone who’s footlocker pair that got cancelled get refunded yet ?

When I attempt to call their customer service line, the phone doesn’t even dial out... really frustrated.

Last edited:
Alright ...
Long day but finally got to screw around with my pair a bit tonight and wear them around the house. (looking at you spoonmanofthehour spoonmanofthehour )
This is a great retro. Much better than I thought it would be. Previous comments about them being bulky seem silly to me. It's been 30 years since I had the OGs, so I can't say if they are actually bigger, or about the same size, or whatever. What I can say is, these FEEL and look like an old-school shoe. They are not bulky on-foot; I think the perception comes from how Nike skimped out on previous retros of many Jordan models and slimmed them down to save a dollar, much like the 2011 XI retro, for example. If that crap is what you're used to, then yes, a reversion to how it should be is going to be jarring at first.
These? The shape is the best I've seen in a long time: narrower in the midfoot and then flared more around the toe box. I put them on the dresser earlier and just looked at them compared to how they look in the OG "Is it The Shoes?" commercial and I see a lot of similarity. Love it. When I look down at them on my feet, I feel something special. The change to the toe box or at least to the toe rand is HUGE. I can't understate what a difference this makes and how far it goes to contributing to the look and feeling of nostalgia--and the way it should be.
They are also comfortable. Anyone who calls these bricks might be right, but only in the context of what has come along since 1990. This is how I remember them feeling back then.
Materials are solid. This pair is clean, great QC. No complaints; if anything, I'm pleasantly surprised.
As I suspected before I had them in hand, the tongue finish is silly. Like, why? Also, the pressed-in Jumpan outline in the tongue itself used to be much more pronounced and noticeable. I pulled out my 2007 black/metallics, which have plenty of their own issues, but the tongue on them is solid. Took this pic in the dark with only the TV on in an attempt to capture it; you can see the difference in material and in the pressed-in outline, which is much more OG:
IMG_1461.jpg

Put that tongue on this shoe, and I'd have nothing to say in the negative sense without having an OG pair and pulling out a ruler and compass to check the overall dimensions, geometry of the shape, etc. I originally figured I would get one pair for posterity if nothing else. Ordered from BSTN and NDC and thought, I'll send one back. I will not be doing that unless my NDC pair that arrives tomorrow has QC issues. In fact, now I kind of wish I had a third pair coming even though I don't need it.
Bottom line: These are great. Only things I would change to make them closer to OG are the tongue finish and the over-pronounced ankle-bump molds we've been getting for years. It's pathetic they keep finding ways to get little details wrong, but in the context of a modern Air Jordan retro, these Vs are dope as hell.
*Travis Bickle voice*.....You talkin’ to me? You talkin‘ to me?

Hey, great review! Appreciate you taking time to get that detailed. Mine should arrive today and I’m looking forward to checking them out up close. I knew as hell you wouldn’t send that second pair back. You talk out your ***!

:rofl:

Now you’re talking about a THIRD pair. You crack me up. Seriously.

I love em! As I always have when this shoe has Nike Air. I unstuffed them and loosened the laces to show the shape a little better. Theyll go great with my swapped 2000s.
63BCBF9F-C310-402C-94E0-B5D942C17733.jpeg
11055430-8784-4F64-9A17-9CBC4D409AA2.jpeg
Can't believe I'm saying this, but I kind of wish my new ones looked like those 2000s. I think I've looked at way too many pictures of those damn Off White Vs :smh:
Well NT fam, I don’t get the chance to post as much anymore, I’ve been deployed to the Middle East since February and been hearing/ watching all the Corona craziness from afar. Somehow got lucky (and had enough internet connection) to cop a pair for my little man (who just turned 2 yesterday) and myself from all the way out here. I won’t see my boy or my 5s until almost the end of the year, but as always can’t wait to rock them and go matchy matchy with my son. Congrats to all who got a pair, from what I’ve been reading these came out pretty nice! Also wanted to give a shout to Nelson C Nelson C for taking the time to check up on me, it was a pleasant surprise. Much love to all the NT fam, stay safe out there!
Thanks for your service boss, and stay safe out there yourself.

*Travis Bickle voice*.....You talkin’ to me? You talkin‘ to me?

Hey, great review! Appreciate you taking time to get that detailed. Mine should arrive today and I’m looking forward to checking them out up close. I knew as hell you wouldn’t send that second pair back. You talk out your ***!

:rofl:

Now you’re talking about a THIRD pair. You crack me up. Seriously.
I know, I know :rofl:
Tongue aside, these are just about 5X better than I ever expected. That said, I'm not buying a third pair. Gonna stay strong.
My SNKRS pair has been delivered to my girl's house, I had to go back to my place but will see them later tonight. Now where are all my 34 lows?!!!! LOL

C1198132-95A1-4250-B9D5-906DC35E7188.jpeg
E2800DC4-7B47-4867-856A-F8EFAD37A5D4.jpeg

Just picked mine up at UPS, bought from EastBay. Pretty flawless on mine. “Nike Air “ looks crooked in pic but it’s not.

Not happy with how EastBay taped up the box though. You could see through the tape and see the Jordan logo and the label says it’s from EastBay instead of “Shop” or something.

For Real Nike? :rolleyes

I Don’t EVER ***** And Moan About Quality But Damn, Toe On My Second Pair Lookin Hella Patina’d :smh:
AE7883B3-C598-45DE-AC3B-23828E611AE7.jpeg
Got me too with one of my pairs. Luckily I ended up getting 4 pairs. Shock drop pair was trash with tons of wrinkles. Richards pair was basically flawless. This pair from FTL is a no go. Eastbay pair was pretty good.
Glad I ordered 4 as I’ll be keeping the 2 good pairs.
968CECD7-E1A9-457E-B436-74EE0267E1CB.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom