Air Jordan VI Carmine confirmed for 2014

It does make them less special, more produced = less rare, Overall I dont get new guys - you dont have any connection to the shoe  

So let's see you judge a shoe by its rarity while I judge a shoe based on its significance and ability to actually be worn. Whether it's actually aesthetically pleasing to the eyes, and the list goes on. I may have been only the tender age of 1 when Mike wore these shoes but I understand what they symbolize.I may not have the same connection as you but your opinion isn't the end all absolute opinion in the world fam.

Are we new guys not allowed to eat? Are we not allowed to appreciate the original colorways simply because it wasn't in our control to be born then? I mean damn. Just because the shoe is less rare doesn't detract from the greatness of a shoe. A shoe that's dope will be dope regardless of the amount released. Unless you believe only limited shoes deserve the status of dope which is living under a veil of hype but I digress.

My FootLocker does the raffle, which I missed out on, but for the Infrareds I was still able to just walk in and grab a pair. Ignoring the complaints about the color used on the Infrareds, I'm wondering if I could do the same for the Carmines. 

I guess that's location specific like here you have until 6 to pick up your shoes if you don't they start up a line and let you do fcfs for the remaining sizes.

this is for educational purposes only

upon my inspection from pics above, fake pairs:

-white leather shape on the toe box is kinda different

-perforations are not where they should be..

-white wavy part between black and icy part on the midsole are messed up

-red kinda dull.. this is hard due to lighting or unless you have seen the real pair (or you have them next to each other)

-thread and stitching are lower quality

my pair:
just sharing this info

It does make them less special, more produced = less rare, Overall I dont get new guys - you dont have any connection to the shoe  

So let's see you judge a shoe by its rarity while I judge a shoe based on its significance and ability to actually be worn. Whether it's actually aesthetically pleasing to the eyes, and the list goes on. I may have been only the tender age of 1 when Mike wore these shoes but I understand what they symbolize.I may not have the same connection as you but your opinion isn't the end all absolute opinion in the world fam.

Are we new guys not allowed to eat? Are we not allowed to appreciate the original colorways simply because it wasn't in our control to be born then? I mean damn. Just because the shoe is less rare doesn't detract from the greatness of a shoe. A shoe that's dope will be dope regardless of the amount released. Unless you believe only limited shoes deserve the status of dope which is living under a veil of hype but I digress.

bro i wouldnt waste the time in replying...some people will just stay in that state of mind :rolleyes

bro i wouldnt waste the time in replying...some people will just stay in that state of mind
eyes.gif
kinda disappointed with that mindset though and the fact its so widespread, i know i've always like shoes but never to my current extent, im new to the game but i pray i never get that elitist mindset. 

Everyone who wants to rock a pair should be able to have a stab at them.

I bought the CDP, and I cherished my Carmines so much I babied them but didn't even get to wear them properly because some ******* stole them off my porch (I live in Canada for God's sake... we don't even lock our doors here).

So you better believe it I'm buying them again.

Couldn't care less if everyone and their mom was rocking em... but I barely even see Jordans here anyways.

Still have my CDP pair DS - Now every clown in America will have em ......This re re re release ish is making Jordan Corny

View media item 945223

People say the dumbest stuff sometimes. I wonder, if you have so many great memories of seeing MJ play in these shoes, why do you need them to be limited for those memories to matter?

Last edited:
People say the dumbest stuff sometimes. I wonder, if you have so many great memories of seeing MJ play in these shoes, why do you need them to be limited for those memories to matter?
Your missing my point ..... I hate the whole limited thing too, but continuing to bring out the same pairs over and over is ruining Jordans and what they represent IMO.  I had Maroon 6s in 3rd grade and damn near every retro 6 in the first run of retros.  

My point is Jordans being so widely worn now kinda kills its for me personally.  It used be a handful of people that you would see wearing them now go to the mall and every baby mama and her son got a pair too 

I see this whole sneaker Boom like Baseball cards in the 90's - It became huge, all the cards got overproduced and everyone collected them.....Now 95% of the cards from that era are worth nothing

They a GR so they less special. Mannn get that allll the way outta here. I wish every J was a GR so you "only cop cause they rare and hypes you up" can go away. They shoes. You like em cop and wear em sheesh. Old or young who cares.
well said bro, I have to hear it from my closest friends when they bring me ugly shoes (imo they are) and they say, only 800 pairs, or less than 5k. I always said if these were GR would you love them? ....they begin to stutter lol. 

I remember walking into Nordstrom each time to cop my Carmines, over a span of a year including discount rack I had 3 total. Good ol days, I'll take as much as I can get now. 

Last edited:
What does it matter if someone has the same shoes as you, or even if you're in the same place and they're wearing them? I guarantee unless you're both rocking a jordan/nike tee that goes with the shoe, you'll be different and still have your own unique flavor.

Personally I love seeing how other people rock shoes that I have. It gives me ideas of different ways to rock my kicks. With that being said, I've had the Carmine's for years(cdp) and can't wait to see what will people do with these :smile:

I need to get these. I will enter a couple of raffles and call to see who's doing FCFS in my area. wont miss out this time.

View media item 945223

Your missing my point ..... I hate the whole limited thing too, but continuing to bring out the same pairs over and over is ruining Jordans and what they represent IMO.  I had Maroon 6s in 3rd grade and damn near every retro 6 in the first run of retros.  

My point is Jordans being so widely worn now kinda kills its for me personally.  It used be a handful of people that you would see wearing them now go to the mall and every baby mama and her son got a pair too 

I see this whole sneaker Boom like Baseball cards in the 90's - It became huge, all the cards got overproduced and everyone collected them.....Now 95% of the cards from that era are worth nothing

Just find another hobby then...

View media item 945223

So the value of the shoes to you are directly connected to how limited they are? Got it. :rolleyes

Nah if I was concerned about value I wouldn't have over 100 pair that I'm in no way interested in selling... Got it

Back
Top Bottom