Air Jordan XI CONCORD AFTERMATH thread. STILL NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING!

http://sandiego.craigslis.../csd/clo/2792314649.html

I saw this just now so if anyone is still looking for a sz 10
wink.gif

Originally Posted by Magic1978

Originally Posted by UPandCOMING32

laugh.gif
@ some of these replies....prices may have dipped $30-50 but isnt the MAJORITY....youre only looking at one market (ebay)....there are lots of people here in NY (and prob. elsewhere) still dishing $325-375 LOCALLY which is equivalent to $4-450 on ebay since there are ebay and paypal fees + shipping costs

prices will dip slightly (as with every release), but once spring/summer comes around and thereafter,prices will be right back up, and possibly higher than the $375-400 they were going for the first weekend after RD since the market wont be flooded like it was/is now

Yeah I don't see all these low prices others are talking about either. Lowest I've seen is around $325.

Of course if you wear a size 7, you can get them a lot cheaper, but what grown man wears a size seven?
Some of the uncommon mens sizes are going for about $250 when left to bid. Like 7.5. However, the buy it now's are still high. I guess consumers and re-sellers aren't really on the same page right now.
Keep in mind, i've only been looking at my size. So i'm not sure if they same price drop applies towards anything from 8.5-12.

laugh.gif
@ some of these replies....prices may have dipped $30-50 but isnt the MAJORITY....youre only looking at one market (ebay)....there are lots of people here in NY (and prob. elsewhere) still dishing $325-375 LOCALLY which is equivalent to $4-450 on ebay since there are ebay and paypal fees + shipping costs

prices will dip slightly (as with every release), but once spring/summer comes around and thereafter,prices will be right back up, and possibly higher than the $375-400 they were going for the first weekend after RD since the market wont be flooded like it was/is now

they will end up surpassing space jam value in a couple of years

Originally Posted by waverder

My crooked tongues order has been stuck at customs since 1/5.. No ones contacted me regarding the packages. Oh well..

WOW somewhere in customs, some agent is wearing your pair right now
tongue.gif
Kidding Brah hope you get your pair soon.
Just wondering what would have happened if all these custom agents knew that these kicks were really sought after and it was in their possession. I wonder how many pairs would go unclaimed or get lost by them
wink.gif
wink.gif

Originally Posted by NikeDealer

Originally Posted by CDUNK

Originally Posted by ijapino

I think I know what pics you're referring too and it's NOT obvious at all. Everything that people pointed out that made them fake are "quality" issues commonly seen on store bought pairs as well. If the guy had NOT mentioned they were from MK and placed them side by side next to his other pair, nobody would have said anything. The crazy part is that his so called fake pair looked better than his so called legit pair.

Show me something that's indisputable. Not just a quality issue that we see from one shoe to the next.
This cannot be repeated enough.  

Yet... its ignored plenty...

the only odd thing is that a few quality issues seem to be consistent in some pairs.
it's not like one pair has gold tissue, one has a strong glue smell, a third has a different shoe tree and another has a wide ankle on both the left and right shoe.
a couple pairs posted have ALL of the above.
i can see pairs having random quality issues but having all of them seems a bit sketchy.

did nike find all the pairs with a strong glue smell or wide ankles during quality control and decide to throw the different shade shoe tree and gold paper with it to match?
did mental kicks, sds and others get shipped these specific matched up batches while footlockers, some euro sites, etc get "official release day pairs" with "release day" shoes trees and tissue?

people have posted up quality issues with official release day pairs. random messed up patent, carbon fiber, etc., but on one shoe.
can someone with an official release day pair please post a pic of their pair that has ALL of the following: strong glue smell, gold tissue, different shade shoe tree, and wide ankle support on both shoes.
if this is simply a quality issue then they have to be out there somewhere.

df826b7604e33cbf6a072ef.jpg

dcd16269edc56a74fefed72.jpg

20bs5.jpg

97416562eccd627cf7d768c.jpg

the following is a comparo with a ds pre-release and official anni xi's i had.
the wide ankles are similar to some early release concord pairs. were the pre-release anni's voted real or fake? i don't recall what the consesus was.
img00456201005151050.jpg

Originally Posted by Vaddy

Originally Posted by AlmostNotReady

Those that ordered from Snipes should check their tracking.
USPS is showing that my Snipes order has just made it into town and I'm in WA.
Hopefully they deliver tomorrow sometime while I'm at home.

When did your order ship from Snipes? Mine shipped on December 29th and its still in transit/customs
My order shipped 12/28.

Originally Posted by ZoomGP

it doesnt seem like the sz 13s market has lowered in price if at all. so many of us are tryin to get the shoe but that size is limited compared to the smaller sizes.

dude i have the same issue with my size I'm a size 7.5. No doubt it is an uncommon size, so people are always like "man i wish i was your size, i'de never wait on line". What people don't realize is that stores barely carry my size. If they do it's usually only 1 or 2 pairs. It seems like all the 7.5's go to all the online stores. NDS is where i usually have the most luck finding my size.

laugh.gif

Yeah I don't see all these low prices others are talking about either. Lowest I've seen is around $325.

Of course if you wear a size 7, you can get them a lot cheaper, but what grown man wears a size seven?

I think seller's rep plays a big part in what the prices end for as well.  "Standard" ebay factors still do play a part in the ending price, factors such as seller rep, clarity of pictures, description, etc.  
nikes06 wrote:
debs 168 wrote:

oh, i'm calm. 

think about it like this. who the @%#$ wants to pay 309 dollars for b grades and/or fakes? 
grin.gif
indifferent.gif

why the hell didn't the person that posted the link mention that mentalkicks isn't:

a. legit
b. reputable
c. the best communicator
d. all of the above

Are you seriously trying to blame someone else for your purchase mistake? Perhaps the person who posted the restock link DID NOT KNOW the authenticity. And apparently you didn't know either because you were too lazy to read the hundreds of forum pages. And at the time of the restock post, there was already chatter about mental kicks jordan authenticity. At most, you should be thankful someone was kind enough to share information. I'll bet you $100 that if the restock was still at MRSP, you would not have seen the restock link until after it was sold out. 

Truth.  That person was only trying to give you information; whatever you do with that information is on you.

Originally Posted by J0rdanXIII

laugh.gif

Can't speak for others because I have 100% feedback and have for years, but I had no problem getting off a few pairs in 9.5 at $425 a piece as late as Friday.

I know Im watching exclusively size 11's personally... so when I say average price...its based on what Im looking at on Ebay.. its not to say ALL aren't within the 320 to 340 range at all... That damn sure aint the case..
My son wears a size 13 and his sizes are going for 360+ easy...

Can't speak for others because I have 100% feedback and have for years, but I had no problem getting off a few pairs in 9.5 at $425 a piece as late as Friday.

I know Im watching exclusively size 11's personally... so when I say average price...its based on what Im looking at on Ebay.. its not to say ALL aren't within the 320 to 340 range at all... That damn sure aint the case..

I couldnt find a trade so I ended up reselling one of my four pairs. I wanted to trade for DS 09 jams but no one wanted to do it. So I sold a pair (power seller 600+ feedback) for 410 then went and bought jams. I certainly dont advocate reselling. Everything I sell is generally used and I only move it because I dont wear it or I find something else I want.

I still have 2 NDC pairs on ice and Im wearing the pair I got from hhv.de. But now Ive got DS 09 jams to back up my wear pair so Im happy.

About the hhv.de pair... they are authentic, everything matches up (size 13 btw... big box, bigger shoe trees etc etc)... They did not double box, someone posted a preorder for 269 USD right after the CT presale. I got irritated and grabbed a 13 from them as a back up since my FL connect fell through. I was sketched out because the paypal payment was seperate from the site. They had their paypal address on the next page and it just send hey send payment here, not a typical checkout like Im used to. So, I had a confirmation number but never paid. I chose not to because I was like that's weird. Well a week later (day after release), I get a reminder to pay for the order. Having 3 pairs locked up at this point, I was like eh whatever I did make the order. So I paid... low and behold, it ships the same day and the next day at my door is a pair of Concord from Germany... No customs fees... They did have a defect though. The right shoes third lace loop tag is upside down like what happened last year on a few cool greys. It's not extremely noticeable, not worth complaining about to Nike for them to say return it or to resell and get barely my money back... so it's the pair Im going to beat/wear.

Back to resale for a 13, buyers pictures, whether not they have a receipt or not and feedback is ultimately determining price. Im a power seller with 600+ someone bought mine at 410, while an auction ended for 360 minutes after. I guess its just the peace of mind of a NDC pair, a receipt and feedback.

Originally Posted by IronHorse

After having copped four pair successfully I have to admit to you guys that i'm exhausted with what it took to get those four pair. I just turned 30 and I spent that much time and effort chasing a sneaker that most adults my age don't know about and frankly don't care about. I have to admit I had a chance to step back and really witness all the hype around this shoe and people willing to pay $500 (which I took full advantage of). The point i'm making is that all these crazy lines, sites crashing, and 700 page threads made me realize I was also playing into the MJ hype machine filling up his pockets and emptying mine, for what reason?

I got to looking at my closet full of jays and I was disappointed with myself that I was just realizing this at 30 years old. The closet should be filled with suits and gucci, ferragamo shoes not a bunch of sneakers.

My point: The concord hype opened my eyes to the fact that being a so called "sneakerhead" in some cases means just being a puppet.

I'm out and plotting my best liquidation strategy
Hey,... this has happened to EVERYONE at some point or another... at 30 you may or may not have been around for the release of the Altitude Green XIII's but for someone who is pretty calm about releases of Jordans... I damn near lost my mind playing into the hype of this release.
I knew I wasn't doing the camping and sitting in line thing.. but I think EVERY true Sneaker dude is a Hypebeast at one point or another.. for a shoe that when it finally comes in they end up they'll never really wear.

Thew Concords however are a shoe I can understand people losing their minds over. Its classic.. it will forever be a shoe that can be released time and time again and have this same result.   I've seen many say they are "retiring" (as if there's a pension plan) or leaving the shoe "game" but they all come back.

Hell.. I've passed on my shoe love to one of my daughters and one of my sons....and the other son and daughter couldn't give a crap about kicks.. to each their own... but I'll be that old dude wearing sneakers cause its what I've always done...
Definitely been here! Thought I was getting to old for this and needed to "do away with childish things". I went so extreme to the point where I gave away or tossed (not sold) all of my old Js - 3s, 5s, 6s, you name it (including every retro XI from the early 2000s except for my Breds.
Now don't get me wrong, I think it's a tad irresponsible not to have ANY shoes or clothing outside of Nike and Jordan but what I came to realize is that because you decide to move in a different direction doesn't mean that you have to throw away where you came from. It bugs me to this day to know that I gave away some fantastic shoes that now requires me to drop 2-3X that amount to get back.

Everyone needs an outlet and if collecting Js or any shoe for that matter does that for you (and it doesn't prohibit you from paying your bills or putting food on the table) then why change that? Especially by selling your collection away. If anything keep them / store them away and focus your collecting on the items you listed above. Once a collector, always a collector even if you take a hiatus. You'll be back lol.

Originally Posted by ccastro02

Originally Posted by ZoomGP

it doesnt seem like the sz 13s market has lowered in price if at all. so many of us are tryin to get the shoe but that size is limited compared to the smaller sizes.

dude i have the same issue with my size I'm a size 7.5. No doubt it is an uncommon size, so people are always like "man i wish i was your size, i'de never wait on line". What people don't realize is that stores barely carry my size. If they do it's usually only 1 or 2 pairs. It seems like all the 7.5's go to all the online stores. NDS is where i usually have the most luck finding my size.

seriously, JB really needs to up the production in the non common sizes. the demand for these shoes are crazy and alot of us really just one, but most of us really want to have 1 to rock 1 to stock. everyone size is pretty much in high demand, even from those who dont wear that size.

Originally Posted by Rippaflow

Back to resale for a 13, buyers pictures, whether not they have a receipt or not and feedback is ultimately determining price. Im a power seller with 600+ someone bought mine at 410, while an auction ended for 360 minutes after. I guess its just the peace of mind of a NDC pair, a receipt and feedback.
Amen, especially with all the b-grade/fake talk surrounding this release. A receipt, established feedback, and detailed photos (with a good choice of lighting, preferably natural day light), can possible land you an extra $50 or more.

rjucks wrote:Everyone needs an outlet and if collecting Js or any shoe for that matter does that for you (and it doesn't prohibit you from paying your bills or putting food on the table) then why change that? Especially by selling your collection away. If anything keep them / store them away and focus your collecting on the items you listed above. Once a collector, always a collector even if you take a hiatus. You'll be back lol.

+1 & can we get a hd version of your avy it looks very nice.......

I truthfully am going thru ebay bidding on every size 11 and 13 that I believe to be from reputable sellers... moreso size 11s since I only got one free pair... these are a shoe I dont mind having several pairs of.

I'll be sticking to my set price....and if someone outbids me.. they outbid me.. so if you see someone bidding on 11's and 13s in sizes.. you know its me lol.. if I win one.. or if I win 20.. I'll be ok with it.

I'm in same boat still waiting on my Snipes & Crooked Tongues order to arrive....both have sent me shipping confirmation but shoes have not arrived yet. Snipes thru DHL & CT states they shipped but did not give me a tracking #

Back
Top Bottom