Air Jordan XX8 aka 2013, new "Proplate Zoom" Technology OFFICIAL THREAD.

all bags still good !

wink.gif

My zoom bag popped on my almost new xx8 se!  I bought them, kept them on ice for a minute, wore them for a month of casual wear and this happened.  My 2 year manuf window ended yesterday too!  What can i do, if theres anything?  I am so disappointed right now!!!  Never abused them, almost new and this happened smh....
from casual wear? thats crazy. I wonder how many pairs Westbrook gone through

Last edited:
Just picked up a pair of new/dead stock 28 SEs in Black / Atomic Mango.  Was very hesitant due to all the zoom bag issues and since the shoe is certainly nearing 2 years old, but at the price I got em, was worth the risk.. I hope.  Strictly for balling.  Replacing Curry 2s in my rotation since they make my feet ache after a couple hours.. good riddance.     

Just picked up a pair of new/dead stock 28 SEs in Black / Atomic Mango.  Was very hesitant due to all the zoom bag issues and since the shoe is certainly nearing 2 years old, but at the price I got em, was worth the risk.. I hope.  Strictly for balling.  Replacing Curry 2s in my rotation since they make my feet ache after a couple hours.. good riddance.     
I have 2 pcs which I used for balling 

One is the YOTH which I used for Outdoor but alternating it with another 2 shoes

and the other one is the Raptors colorway which I used INDOOR but alternating it with another 4 shoes

it will last as long as you dont use it all the time,

comfortable and bouncy and supportive is what I can say 

Great Buy!

Does anyone have a suggestion for a replacement insole for these that would distribute pressure more evenly, but not provide more bulk?  I played in mine for the first time last night for a little over 2 hours.  The unlocked nature of the zoom bag and the fact that it protrudes past the rest of the outsole ended up giving me an ache in the ball of my forefoot. Those two things combined direct most of the pressure from a foot strike to the area right above the zoom bag.  I need the force distributed more evenly across my forefoot.  Thanks 

Last edited:
Does anyone still play in their XX8 and zoom hasn't popped? I have a DS black/volt, debating if I should sell or just play in it.

Last edited:
Reactions: PJS
Does anyone still play in their XX8 and zoom hasn't popped? I have a DS black/volt, debating if I should sell or just play in it.

Yes I play in the XX8's and the SE's weekly. Only the cement XX8's zoom bag popped so those have been retired. They had so many miles on them I'm not surprised they lasted that long. But my carbon fiber's are still holding up fine as well as the SE's. Play in them or if they are a size 11 let me have them.

Yes I play in the XX8's and the SE's weekly. Only the cement XX8's zoom bag popped so those have been retired. They had so many miles on them I'm not surprised they lasted that long. But my carbon fiber's are still holding up fine as well as the SE's. Play in them or if they are a size 11 let me have them.

I play 1-2x a week. Prob rotate these with the 31's. After reading stories of it popping after playing in it 10x makes me not want to risk it. I'm assuming it happened to a small % 28's.

I play 1-2x a week. Prob rotate these with the 31's. After reading stories of it popping after playing in it 10x makes me not want to risk it. I'm assuming it happened to a small % 28's.
Dang came here late. 

Love the camos on 28SE, and looked like the zoom unit really gives output (makes you jump higher)

Hey that is my dream since I was 16. Nike shox VC, Forefoot Air max (like Air Max 95), Zoom Flights, I thought those could make me jump higher 

Now everywhere on eBay is like $100+ 

I doubt Jordan 29 will give me the same output 

Dang came here late. 

Love the camos on 28SE, and looked like the zoom unit really gives output (makes you jump higher)

Hey that is my dream since I was 16. Nike shox VC, Forefoot Air max (like Air Max 95), Zoom Flights, I thought those could make me jump higher 
Now everywhere on eBay is like $100+ 

I doubt Jordan 29 will give me the same output 

I've balled in the 28, 29 and 31.
The 28 has the softest cushioning for sure. Both zoom bags popped after 3 months and i only made some shoot arounds in them!
29 is more stiff in cushioning but also more durable gladly.
The 31, while they have a full length zoom unit feels more stiff than the 29 but also provides best in terms of overall stability, ankle support and foot lockdown.
I personally like 29 and 31 most to ball.

Last edited:
I've balled in the 28, 29 and 31.
The 28 has the softest cushioning for sure. Both zoom bags popped after 3 months and i only made some shoot arounds in them!
29 is more stiff in cushioning but also more durable gladly.
The 31, while they have a full length zoom unit feels more stiff than the 29 but also provides best in terms of overall stability, ankle support and foot lockdown.
I personally like 29 and 31 most to ball.

Too much output from Jordan 28!
I only shoot around nowadays. Getting fat and old.

So did you feel you reached a higher point of elevation jumping in Jordan 28 and 29s?

Unlocked zoom is so innovative.... back in junior high school days zoom first came out but I couldn't afford any.

Last edited:
I loved the looks of the 28.  I had both the SE and the shrouded version and they were very comfortable too.  Both pairs that I played in popped within a few months of wear.  The only ones that didn't pop were the xmas SE which I only wear casually.  To me, it was a huge failure by Nike.  Nike refunded me for one pair that I sent back.  Kinda soured me for any other newer Jordans to play in.

I still play in my 28 SE Christmas to this day. I play around 3-5 times a week and it's gotten to a point where everything is tearing apart except the unlocked zoom still being intact. My favorite shoe to hoop in to this day. Still one of the best traction (tied with Kobe 9's) and best cushion in my opinion.

Question: 

Does the Jordan superfly 2,3,4 have the same output as Jordan 28 & 29? 

I get the idea having an outsole that looked like unlocked zoom isnt always what you see 

Jordan Melo M10 is not the same as 28 SE for the zoom unit location phylon was not hollowed out

Thanks! 

Are the zoom bags guaranteed to pop at some or have some people had them last?
I have 3 DS pairs (2 bamboos and a green came) that I am debating whether to sell them or take a risk and play in them.

Are the zoom bags guaranteed to pop at some or have some people had them last?
I have 3 DS pairs (2 bamboos and a green came) that I am debating whether to sell them or take a risk and play in them.

I went through 3 pairs. Green and Blue camos, and Jokers. Green popped first week or two. I warrantied up with Nike and got a Blue pair that lasted plenty and didn't pop - it was still in sell-able condition so I sold them a couple years ago. Jokers lasted me over a year. By the time they popped, they were already toast anyway. So, from my experience 1 of 3 was damaged early on. They will inevitably pop I think but like the Joker pair I had, they were beat by the time they popped.

I went through 3 pairs. Green and Blue camos, and Jokers. Green popped first week or two. I warrantied up with Nike and got a Blue pair that lasted plenty and didn't pop - it was still in sell-able condition so I sold them a couple years ago. Jokers lasted me over a year. By the time they popped, they were already toast anyway. So, from my experience 1 of 3 was damaged early on. They will inevitably pop I think but like the Joker pair I had, they were beat by the time they popped.
Thank you, seems like it's a gamble. I'd be fine if they popped after a year and getting good mileage out of them but if it happens in the first few weeks I will be bummed out. Especially since the warranty period is over

Thanks for the tip. I was considering it but you're right it's not a good idea. The outdoor court I go to doesn't even have a smooth surface, it's grainy pebble like. It would rip these to shreds
My friend was playing in them when they dropped. Was ok but the bubbles popped when outdoors. I don’t think it’s the uneven or pebbles. Possibly the harder surface.

Back
Top Bottom