Air Jordan XX8 aka 2013, new "Proplate Zoom" Technology OFFICIAL THREAD.

Great photoshop jobs. They would definitely be copped....at a lower price point of course.

But I wish JB would force....i mean FORCE...their athletes to wear these things. Jordan shoe's weren't iconic off the rack....they were iconic because of what Mike did in them. Make Russel wear them every game, make Joe Johnson wear them every game all year. If you actually have professional athletes in these ugly shoes it will make people think, oh at least they are good for balling since the pro's wear them. It is a joke that they launch shoes with all this hype and marketing and you can't get 1 person to wear them for a full season. We know if no pro's wear the shoes then they must be uncomfortable or not the best shoe on the market, like you are trying to convince everyone they are.

Great photoshop jobs. They would definitely be copped....at a lower price point of course.

But I wish JB would force....i mean FORCE...their athletes to wear these things. Jordan shoe's weren't iconic off the rack....they were iconic because of what Mike did in them. Make Russel wear them every game, make Joe Johnson wear them every game all year. If you actually have professional athletes in these ugly shoes it will make people think, oh at least they are good for balling since the pro's wear them. It is a joke that they launch shoes with all this hype and marketing and you can't get 1 person to wear them for a full season. We know if no pro's wear the shoes then they must be uncomfortable or not the best shoe on the market, like you are trying to convince everyone they are.
This...Nobody wore the 2012's last year but Ray Allen a few games ( I think). Its sad because they advertise and price them as the premier basketball shoe and their premier signature athletes wont even wear them for whatever reason.

The problem is that the aforementioned cats would rather play in some whack retro shoe. As far as sneakers go, the league is messed up. You have half the league wearing retro and the other half wearing inline. Inline is 'supposedly' more technologically advanced than retro, yet both are priced the same and some of the top performers are sporting the retro.

It was cool back when Pippen and players like Glen Robinson, Mitch Richmond, Ron Harper, Kevin Garnett and Reggie Miller wore the new Jordans.

Last edited:
Chi towns:

Last edited:
Will be waiting for these at a Nike Factory Store within a couple months. Can't justify dropping $300+CAD on them.

Jordan could put a skid mark on a shoe and call it "fly zoom wear" for 250 and people would still buy it.....watch this ish sell out
alien.gif

Wouldn't be the 1st time jb changed their minds in the middle of production. Remember when tinker put the line on the toe box of the X's without telling MJ? He told him to fix that ish and he did. Back when MJ cared :lol:

Jordan could put a skid mark on a shoe and call it "fly zoom wear" for 250 and people would still buy it.....watch this ish sell out
alien.gif

I worked retail for years man - unless the sig was some limited crap like 'YOTR' or 'Carolina' XXIII (for example) we'd have difficulty moving units at MSRP. Even at 30% off it'd be tough and the joints would ultimately end up at the outlets.

Let's be pratical here, the average consumer is not paying $250 for some rain boot looking shoe with a cloth upper. Damn near all of the 2012s were/have hit outlets ad are heavily marked down - these will slot into their shelves once those are blown out.

Last edited:
The upper on the cleat version looks so much better. The way the strap parallels the top edge of the heel cup actually works visually... you know, unlike the ridiculous ankle-high rainboot look.

Motor sports

Flu games:

Slap a limited tag on these the beasts would go crazy. I actually love the concept, if Jb actually ran with this and made it more subtle. Like all black upper with a few germs floating around in red to pay homage to the actual flu games. I would rock. I wish JB would be this creative though props to ejpeg.

Reactions: ejb
Back
Top Bottom