Air Jordan XX8 aka 2013, new "Proplate Zoom" Technology OFFICIAL THREAD.

I like the shoe, I just didn't think it would sell like this though, heck, 2012's are still at outlet stores catching dust.

I like the shoe, I just didn't think it would sell like this though, heck, 2012's are still at outlet stores catching dust.
They made a lot of 2012s, the XX8s are much more difficult to find. In my area, none of the footlockers got them in the entire state. Only the HOHs. They already sold out at Eastbay and Footlocker and when I tried to use a Bday coupon like I do with the Retros. They told me no because they are a quickstrike. Maybe the outlets will get a few pairs but I doubt it. They made these really limited so they wouldnt sit.

There is a size 14 black/electric green at this Niketown...(724) 748-5138

And here is an official list of most ALL of the colors coming out in this shoe:

555109 003

555109 004

555109 008

555109 010

555109 011

555109 013

555109 020

555109 105

555109 106

555109 107

555109 110

555109 402

555109 403

555109 404

555109 610

555109 708

13 in April, 2 in August, 1 in October

There is a size 14 black/electric green at this Niketown...(724) 748-5138

And here is an official list of most ALL of the colors coming out in this shoe:

555109 003

555109 004

555109 008

555109 010

555109 011

555109 013

555109 020

555109 105

555109 106

555109 107

555109 110

555109 402

555109 403

555109 404

555109 610

555109 708

13 in April, 2 in August, 1 in October
sick.gif

Make 3-4 cw and watch them sit.  Make 16 limited colorways and watch them sell out (word to this weekends qs pack)... at $250 a pop.  
pimp.gif

Beginning with the success of the "Nike Air" AJII, I'm sure Jordan Brand will start charging that price sooner rather than later...just because of stiching on the heel.

I remember my Mom buying those IIIs for me for $60 in '88 when I was in middle school..and that was considered expensive, even with new tech and real leather.

Now here are the XX8s...for $250. While not as spectacular to me as my favs of the IV-VII, XI, XVI, XVIII or XXIII, I still see the appeal of these. They remind me soooo much of the 'Gloves' I had back in the day.

I've already purchased the Black/Green pair, and I'm looking forward to the Black/Red pair. That'll be it for me unless I can get a pair on sale. The comfort is amazing...

I just have a feeling that if these weren't JB related, but rather just Nike (like the Hyperposites), public reception would be somewhat different. Besides, part of the reason you have an affection for a shoe, at least in my case, was because you saw some of your fav players wearing them...for now I've only seen Russell Westbrook...and he's not even the top PG in the league.

I wish this shoe moderate success, because I like this model. But that $250 price point is not for the faint of heart. These should've been $220...tops. Retros..that pricing is ridiculous all-together.

Agreed. I mean I like the shoe, but damn. When retroes are going to be $200, are they gonna make the next shoe like this $300? I mean at some point there has to be a limit.

the limit will be when people don't buy.

nike saw resellers getting $200 . . . $300 online . . .

why shouldn't nike put that money into their own pocket?

vote with your dollar fellas. in all aspects of life.

They made a lot of 2012s, the XX8s are much more difficult to find. In my area, none of the footlockers got them in the entire state. Only the HOHs. They already sold out at Eastbay and Footlocker and when I tried to use a Bday coupon like I do with the Retros. They told me no because they are a quickstrike. Maybe the outlets will get a few pairs but I doubt it. They made these really limited so they wouldnt sit.
I was actually able to use my birthday coupon when I picked mine up on the release date. I just made sure I picked up some of the sneaker protector along with them. They rang me up with no problem because of that I think. I feel like they need to be waterproof anyway, so it was nothing.

If from 1992 until 2013, there was never an Air Jordan that you thought performed well, and yet you continued to buy them anyway, that says a lot about your priorities and level of common sense.

The fact that you believe your opinion on a subjective matter is "just how it is" seems like the statement of a very self absorbed and delusional man.

You sound like a maniac talking about buying a series of shoes for over two decades despite not being satisfied with their performance. Would seem you are the one consumed with hype.

How dense are you man? I never said they were the WORST performing basketball shoes, but in almost any given year there have been higher performance basketball shoes from Nike. I'm too tired to go year by year and demonstrate higher performing shoes, but I stand by my comments. Jordans weren't popular because they were so much better.

Performance is a bunch of BS marketing at the end of the day too. You see shoes hyped on performance all the time when studies show extra air, padding, etc doesn't make them any better as fat as injuries or performance go.

When it comes to running there are numerous studies that show less is more. Why do you think Nike has finally responded in the past few years with lighter shoes? The market was exploiting this knowledge and damaging Nike's sales. The Air Max line is notorious for causing injuries in runners despite being the flagship runner.

My point was that if you buy simply for performance hype, you usually aren't buying for style and design. I buy Jordans and wore Jordans during my competitive basketball days because of factors outside performance. Sometimes I got burned on performance and comfort, other times I didn't. In a few instances I returned pairs and went with better overall shoes even if they lacked the swagger of an Air Jordan. What Jordan stood for, what he achieved and that he was willing to put his name behind designs that were often shocking and outside the norm were reasons I bought AJs. So I applaud Nike for pushing such a unique design and marketing it to maximize interest this time around. Any way you look at it, this shoe is already a success. But am I going to buy a pair bc Tinker claims these are so high performing? Do I buy shoes bc Nike says they outperform whatever else is out there? Not a chance. That's just marketing and often times the annual top performing shoes have no relation to price points.

I am sure the XXVIII is a good performance shoe but it's not revolutionary by any means, despite the claims to the contrary. What bothers me is that one of the CWs is already being recalled due to serious flaws, some which appear inherent to the design.

My point with my post yesterday though is that if you're going for pure performance and craftsmanship, Jordan branded shoes aren't where one should start. If you think each year the signature Jordan has been the best performance shoe you're a sheep who believes specific marketing claims while ignoring those associated with other shoes. And if that's the case why AREN'T you buying for style purposes?

Last edited:
How dense are you man? I never said they were the WORST performing basketball shoes, but in almost any given year there have been higher performance basketball shoes from Nike. I'm too tired to go year by year and demonstrate higher performing shoes, but I stand by my comments. Jordans weren't popular because they were so much better.

Performance is a bunch of BS marketing at the end of the day too. You see shoes hyped on performance all the time when studies show extra air, padding, etc doesn't make them any better as fat as injuries or performance go.

When it comes to running there are numerous studies that show less is more. Why do you think Nike has finally responded in the past few years with lighter shoes? The market was exploiting this knowledge and damaging Nike's sales. The Air Max line is notorious for causing injuries in runners despite being the flagship runner.

My point was that if you buy simply for performance hype, you usually aren't buying for style and design. I buy Jordans and wore Jordans during my competitive basketball days because of factors outside performance. Sometimes I got burned on performance and comfort, other times I didn't. In a few instances I returned pairs and went with better overall shoes even if they lacked the swagger of an Air Jordan. What Jordan stood for, what he achieved and that he was willing to put his name behind designs that were often shocking and outside the norm were reasons I bought AJs. So I applaud Nike for pushing such a unique design and marketing it to maximize interest this time around. Any way you look at it, this shoe is already a success. But am I going to buy a pair bc Tinker claims these are so high performing? Do I buy shoes bc Nike says they outperform whatever else is out there? Not a chance. That's just marketing and often times the annual top performing shoes have no relation to price points.

I am sure the XXVIII is a good performance shoe but it's not revolutionary by any means, despite the claims to the contrary. What bothers me is that one of the CWs is already being recalled due to serious flaws, some which appear inherent to the design.

My point with my post yesterday though is that if you're going for pure performance and craftsmanship, Jordan branded shoes aren't where one should start. If you think each year the signature Jordan has been the best performance shoe you're a sheep who believes specific marketing claims while ignoring those associated with other shoes. And if that's the case why AREN'T you buying for style purposes?
Wasn't because of flaws.  They were recalled because the release date was mixed up.  

Wasn't because of flaws.  They were recalled because the release date was mixed up.  

Well I've seen only photos on here and elsewhere of sole/toebox separation on the black camos. If its not related to that specific production run then this shoe is doomed over the next few months as more people find out their $250 won't even hold up like a retro will as far as some basic expectations out of a basketball shoe.

Then again, the OG XIV "foam teeth" separated from the sole quickly too and were one reason I thought that model was so poor even if it was comfortable. Inherent design flaws should be rooted out and solved before bringing a $250 shoe to market, especially when it is marketed for performance capabilities.

Well I've seen only photos on here and elsewhere of sole/toebox separation on the black camos. If its not related to that specific production run then this shoe is doomed over the next few months as more people find out their $250 won't even hold up like a retro will as far as some basic expectations out of a basketball shoe.

Then again, the OG XIV "foam teeth" separated from the sole quickly too and were one reason I thought that model was so poor even if it was comfortable. Inherent design flaws should be rooted out and solved before bringing a $250 shoe to market, especially when it is marketed for performance capabilities.
Wow. Didn't know that my dude.  I have a pair in my closet and I haven't balled in them yet.  It will be interesting to see if my pair is defective or not.  But the rep told me it wasn't a quality issue but a release date one. I guess I'll find out one way or the other. 

Wow. Didn't know that my dude.  I have a pair in my closet and I haven't balled in them yet.  It will be interesting to see if my pair is defective or not.  But the rep told me it wasn't a quality issue but a release date one. I guess I'll find out one way or the other. 

It's not a quality issue. I been playing in my xx8 for a week and still good. Black camo were released too early.

I'm very curious as to what models they release and I'm hoping they decide to let release the bamboo

Last edited:
Been playing in my black camo and they hold up better than the stealths. You see every little dirt spot n scuff on the stealths. Another thing is the icy sole on the stealths grip was tearing off after hooping one day in them. Hasn't happened on my black camo glad I got my pair

Sup NT...

They're going to restock these right?

I got my MeloM9's not to long ago..been loving these above any basketball shoes I own..lebron,kobes, these feel great..

Wanted to get a pair of the XX8's to see how the perform, but the blacks are sold out..

Trapped in Time -

I addressed every single one of your points. I countered each of your faulty arguments. I paid you the same level of respect you paid me.

And now that you're realizing your original premise was faulty, you're looking for an excuse to run and hide. You cry troll so you won't have to address my points. If I was really trolling, my arguments would be easy to counter. But since you have nothing to offer, you attempt to take the easy way out in an effort to save face. Doesn't speak highly of you as a man. To throw out insults and then run and hide when confronted.

And to use the lame tactic of crying "troll" over someone like me who was one of the original posters on NikeTalk. A guy that goes all the way back to NikePark. A guy who was a Nike sponsored athlete. A guy who has always kept it real here. Troll?

No, trying different models on the court and deciding which you prefer is not trolling, sorry.

Sorry the whole world isn't willing to allow you to decree for the rest of us "how it is."

Since you've already admitted you never took athletics seriously and were more concerned with style, feel free to write about fashion and makeup on your blog. Those of us interested in high performance athletic equipment will continue to post our thoughts on the Air Jordan XX8 as we get our hands on them, put our feet in them, and step on the court.

Some of my favourite basketball shoes were non jordans. I loved the original gloves and the pippen v. The answer 1 was also pretty decent

I agree with this. After spending money on the top line jordan for that year, in less than ten wears the teeth separated.Also, this didn't happen to me but I've seen it a lot in '99, the  triangle would fall out after a while.

Back
Top Bottom