Air Jordan XX8 aka 2013, new "Proplate Zoom" Technology OFFICIAL THREAD.

Tree -

You say all the newer stuff is "garbage" quality wise. What is your opinion based on? Which of the following sneakers have you tested out on the court?

- Lebron 8
- Lebron 9
- Lebron X

- Jordan 2011
- Jordan 2012
- Jordan XX8

- Air Max Hyperdunk 2010
- Air Max Hyperdunk 2011
- Air Max Hyperposite

- Kobe VI
- Kobe VII
- Kobe 8

- CP3.IV
- CP3.V
- CP3.VI

- KD 3
- KD 4
- KD 5

- Hyperdunk 2010
- Hyperdunk 2011
- Hyperdunk 2012

If you felt all of them were garbage, which shoes did you prefer on the court the last three seasons?

Anybody else notice how similar these shoes are to the Jordan Fly Wade EV. I think that's what that shoe is cAlled.
Dont think so. I would rather say the air zoom gp 1 look a bit similar to these due to the shroud and zipper design.
But the shape is still much different.
So these aren't the same shoes,LOL. O' JB/NIKE said this is the new technology so it is.

jordan-fly-wade-2-ev-biscayne-1.jpg

jordan-fly-wade-2-ev-biscayne-2.jpg

jordan-fly-wade-2-ev-stealth-white-cool-grey-03.jpg

Last edited:
"just couldn't believe that EVERYONE likes these"

They don't. Check the design unveil on page 13. The first 50 pages are hate. What changed? Nike got the interest of the public beyond sneakerheads. That unveil was front page internet news. There's a new commercial with Jordan. ESPN had a primetime special on Jordan brand, amongst other celebrations of his 50th. Of course, numbers are an equal factor in the sellouts: 1 size run for even top tier stores.

This might be the best performance on the market, for what it's worth (nightwing2303.com/air-jordan-xx8-28-performance-review ). After a certain point people get tired of picking on a shoe and the only people left in a thread are the fans. We're almost there.

Tree -

You say all the newer stuff is "garbage" quality wise. What is your opinion based on? Which of the following sneakers have you tested out on the court?

- Lebron 8
- Lebron 9
- Lebron X

- Jordan 2011
- Jordan 2012
- Jordan XX8

- Air Max Hyperdunk 2010
- Air Max Hyperdunk 2011
- Air Max Hyperposite

- Kobe VI
- Kobe VII
- Kobe 8

- CP3.IV
- CP3.V
- CP3.VI

- KD 3
- KD 4
- KD 5

- Hyperdunk 2010
- Hyperdunk 2011
- Hyperdunk 2012

If you felt all of them were garbage, which shoes did you prefer on the court the last three seasons?
I should have clarified. All the newer JORDANS are garbage. Sigs and retros.

Didn't think we were discussing Lebrons, hyperdunks, Kobe's and airmax in the JB section.

For the most part, Jordan's are now a fashion statement and they know that, that's why they are cheaper materials than some of the others you listed. 

My feet hurt just walking in the XX3..You couldn't pay me to play in those..

If these said Reebok on the side, would they sell out? Would this whole thread be filled with people wanting them? Didn't think so.

Was going to say the same. I don't know why people are thinking these will hit the outlets when they are not being mass produced. 
Man JB/NIKE made a ton of these shoes, they just don't want them sitting, so they sprinkling them out in small numbers. Why do you think site said back ordered until 3/8/13. Thats because JB/NIKE holding on to them to guage the response before they just send to outlets. People made such a fuss about production in the restock thread so their is no way these shoes are newly produced, just JB/NIKE's way way of saving face because the pre-release hype and post release hype has been so mixed. And honestly I like them but i'm not about to send JB/NIKE the message that i will spend 250.00 on a gym shoe.

Last edited:
I should have clarified. All the newer JORDANS are garbage. Sigs and retros.

Didn't think we were discussing Lebrons, hyperdunks, Kobe's and airmax in the JB section.

For the most part, Jordan's are now a fashion statement and they know that, that's why they are cheaper materials than some of the others you listed. 

My feet hurt just walking in the XX3..You couldn't pay me to play in those..

If these said Reebok on the side, would they sell out? Would this whole thread be filled with people wanting them? Didn't think so.
I would have to disagree with that statement about digs for jordans. Cp3 and Melos kicks are very consistent and good quality basketball performance sneakers. I will agree that retros aren't the quality they used to be and today it is just a quick way for these brands to make money but to day that melo and cp3 kicks are bad quality is rather poor thing to say. They are less pleading aesthetically but they are great performance sneakers. The quality is there and they are pretty up there in performance to lebrons KDs and Kobes

I'm just surprised they're treating their main line shoe in this manner. Besides NDC, FNL and FTL and family, the only stores you can buy these in are mostly Nike Towns and HoH.

My local mall has Champs, FNL, FA and FTL and haven't gotten any of the six color ways so far.

Nike definitely seems to be doing a supply/demand numbers game.

Which of the following sneakers have you tested out on the court?

This.
I played in the 19, 20, 21 and 2011, and the 2011 are awesome on court.
Only because someone dislikes the design of the recent air jordans does not mean that those are garbage.
They might be ugly for some people, but that does not mean they would be garbage.
Some people even dislikes the aj4 or aj11, but does that mean they are garbage???

Imo, the only garbage air jordans, are those which are made of ridiculous materials and poor paintjobs.
Lets say many retros.

- Jordan 2011
- Jordan 2012
- Jordan XX8

Has anybody bought/tried on the XX8 hoodie? I know it's ridiculously priced, but I have some coupons and I'm thinking about it.

The blue camo definitely sold out with good reason. Very nice pair. My second favorite under the black/green so far.

I think they released/ produced off the sales of the last few years or so targeting the ones who follow the line and those that truly want the "best" Jordan comes up with. Most either lovem or hatem in general.

Funny thing on Jordans is they leave eventually. They will all sale no matter how "ugly" or uncomfortable. Try finding some DS XV's for retail. Good luck with that even though they hit clearance full size run. I remember looking at NDC like they still there, lol

Been lurking for a while and decided to jump into the pool. Im a sneaker head and have been for years. My court ballin' days have come and gone, but still shoot on occasion. i picked up the XX28 causing I saw this as something totally different than anything out there. I like different.  For sure i"lll be rockin these with jeans and the like. It;'s just funny to read the hate.  If you don't like the shoe move on.  I've been, in my eyes, lucky enough to pick up the black, black camo, and the blue camo this weekend.  I've had 2 different store managers, HoH and Footaction, both say they were told to send first the black camo's back after the 1st week, and the stealth's back this week. So is this manufactured hype, sure it is. That's what the shoe game is about. Geez that's what everythings about these days.  

Funny thing on Jordans is they leave eventually. They will all sale no matter how "ugly" or uncomfortable. Try finding some DS XV's for retail. Good luck with that even though they hit clearance full size run. I remember looking at NDC like they still there, lol

Columbia XVs > Any other XV

too much complaining from people who dont have/want the shoe. if you dont like em, thats cool. move along, there's nothing to see here.

definitely loving these

You must be a baller if you can spend about $800 for shoes in one month.

Last edited:
too much complaining from people who dont have/want the shoe. if you dont like em, thats cool. move along, there's nothing to see here.

definitely loving these
I didn't like the black camos when I first saw them, but they've grown on me.  Only thing I don't like about them now is the green jumpman.

Can't wait until my blue camos come in the mail, they look sweet in this pic.  The black/volt and blue camos are the two best cw's so far imo.

definitely loving these
Great pick ups dude!  I have 4 pair myself with the exception of the Blue.  I have the Black/Volt, Black/Camo, Red/Camo, and Green/Camo.  I will probably pass on the Blues and go for the Yellows.  Definitely a love it or hate it type of shoe.  

Man JB/NIKE made a ton of these shoes, they just don't want them sitting, so they sprinkling them out in small numbers. Why do you think site said back ordered until 3/8/13. Thats because JB/NIKE holding on to them to guage the response before they just send to outlets. People made such a fuss about production in the restock thread so their is no way these shoes are newly produced, just JB/NIKE's way way of saving face because the pre-release hype and post release hype has been so mixed. And honestly I like them but i'm not about to send JB/NIKE the message that i will spend 250.00 on a gym shoe.
I respect your opinion, but I think that people are always going to complain about price. I'm not excusing the $250 price. We know these shoes don't cost that much to make. If they were $185 people would still complain that they cost too much and will wait for discounts at an outlet. JB/Nike is in the business of making money. I do agree that the response has been mixed at best. Initially, they were hated and Nike pays attention to what we say sites and blogs. That def prevented them from doing a GR for fear they would sit. I remember when the 2011s were previewed and it was well received due the performance, changing insoles and the quality of the material/leather (something people complained about with the retros). Yet those shoes sat and made their ways to outlets in droves. The fact is most people that buy Jordans prefer retros, I am one that always look forward to the sig line. 

Back
Top Bottom