Air Jordan XX8 aka 2013, new "Proplate Zoom" Technology OFFICIAL THREAD.

Cheers Andrew.
Just try and cut off as much of the cover with a blade as I could. Not wearing for fashion I'd be wearing for
Ball as everyone claims they are the best to ball in. Just don't like the cover or whatever it's called.
The cover helps you achieve a better fit for performance.  If you cut off the cover, you'll lose that great fit you get by zipping up to your ankle.  Zipping past the ankle does not provide you any benefit other than looks.  The sock like bootie underneath the cover is soft, and doesn't look as durable, nor covers your feet like those XX8 SE pics Quame posted.  With this shoe, once you get over the looks/style, you will appreciate the performance on court.

Last edited:
Long time reader, first time poster here.  I've been balling in 2 pairs of these since March (Thermal blues, and reds).  In one week I popped the left heel zoom bag in both pairs.  I only played indoor, about 2-3 times a week.  Pretty bummed out because these were quite honestly the best pairs of shoes I've ever hooped in.  The Lebrons ride a little higher than I like, and the Kobes lack that zoom cushion I'm looking for, albeit both great shoes for hooping overall.  Luckily, Footlocker took a pair back and exchanged them for some LBJ X Elites (they wouldn't give me my $ back, exchange only for similar priced sneakers), and I sent the other back to Nike Claims for a credit.

Anyhow, I'm just wondering if anyone has run into zoom bag pop problems while hooping in these.  One thing of note, I do play with custom orthotics, and I'm wondering if the hard heel in the orthotic coupled with my style of left heel strikes caused this, or if I just had some really bad luck with quality.  Just for reference, I'm 6'1, and 220 lbs (yeah I know, fatty's gotta lay of the junk food and get on the treadmill).  
I've never run into problems with mine.  Maybe it is the orthotics because the material between the zoom bags and your foot and ground (I've heard someone wore through the sole pretty quickly on these?) is relatively thin.

The best performance from these is when they are zipped all the way up. The shroud acts like a skin to the rest of the shoe when zipped up, feels like a taped ankle. Really ahead of its time.  

Long time reader, first time poster here.  I've been balling in 2 pairs of these since March (Thermal blues, and reds).  In one week I popped the left heel zoom bag in both pairs.  I only played indoor, about 2-3 times a week.  Pretty bummed out because these were quite honestly the best pairs of shoes I've ever hooped in.  The Lebrons ride a little higher than I like, and the Kobes lack that zoom cushion I'm looking for, albeit both great shoes for hooping overall.  Luckily, Footlocker took a pair back and exchanged them for some LBJ X Elites (they wouldn't give me my $ back, exchange only for similar priced sneakers), and I sent the other back to Nike Claims for a credit.

Anyhow, I'm just wondering if anyone has run into zoom bag pop problems while hooping in these.  One thing of note, I do play with custom orthotics, and I'm wondering if the hard heel in the orthotic coupled with my style of left heel strikes caused this, or if I just had some really bad luck with quality.  Just for reference, I'm 6'1, and 220 lbs (yeah I know, fatty's gotta lay of the junk food and get on the treadmill).  

I did not ball in them yet but i had outsole/midsole crack on both shoes at the forefoot.
I was quite upset but i managed to repair them with injecting some strong glue that are meant for flexible materials. Since then i wore them at least 6 times and no re-damage so far. :smile:

Last edited:
I think the only problem with this shoe is the inspection of quality on some of these pairs. There are a lot of people with xx8s midsole issues

those ray PE are probably the best XX8's so far imo. otherwise i find the XX8's to be pretty ugly

There's a guy on twitter claiming that the xx8 lite is called the xx8 se, he posted pictures. Anyone have any info?[/quote]
[img]https://statich.niketalk.com/smilies/mean.gif  unlike the 19, the 28 se is worse than the 28. this shoe is complete fail tongue is HORRIBLE looking, worse than the 15 BY FAR. and that horrible midsole and cf on forefoot and heel and jumpman placement is just ******ed. such a stupid shoe i'm ready to be disappointed by the 29s hurry up and waste your money on these everyone so we can get a new thread
laugh.gif

if i played basektball competitively i would be all over these but for style i dont see any appeal, where is the JB that was a mix of both? smh

The last 2 years may be good for ball but looks HORRIBLE just awful. JB just cannot do both, Retros look OK but are garbage these new sigs have good techs but look like crap.

I've never run into problems with mine.  Maybe it is the orthotics because the material between the zoom bags and your foot and ground (I've heard someone wore through the sole pretty quickly on these?) is relatively thin.

I actually just popped mine this week. Not happy at all since there are none out that I want. Guess I will have to find something to hoop in for the meantime

I actually just popped mine this week. Not happy at all since there are none out that I want. Guess I will have to find something to hoop in for the meantime
Nike does have a 2 year warranty, so you can contact them about it and see what they can do for you.  It's too bad that your pair blew out on you though =(.

I think earlier in this thread it was mentioned that any of the xx8 that don't sell get pulled back by nike and that's why you don't see em. they're not exactly selling out

Back
Top Bottom