Air Jordan XXXVII (37) first look…

Part of the reason why 1-14 are deemed to look great is because of the allure behind them, the historic significance. Eg - I think the Jordan 2, 9, 10 and 12 are trash in terms of looks (I still mess with the 12 because I love the Zoom Air in them, and they are indestructible), and I would 100% wear the 16s, 21s, 31s, 34s and 36s ahead of them. But those don’t carry the same mystique since Mike didn’t play in any of those. Can’t replicate it anymore.
I mean you presented your point well but you aren't really addressing what we're discussing. You agree that you don't have to sacrifice looks for performance right? 36s and 35s are great looking shoes and perform great on court. The design of the 37s is a step down in my opinion. I guess I was mainly getting at every who keeps falling on the performance argument.

I mean you presented your point well but you aren't really addressing what we're discussing. You agree that you don't have to sacrifice looks for performance right? 36s and 35s are great looking shoes and perform great on court. The design of the 37s is a step down in my opinion. I guess I was mainly getting at every who keeps falling on the performance argument.
I think JB nailed the look from 32 through 36. Tastes aside, there is nothing about these 37 pics that say "special". And Jordans are supposed to be special.

The signature line has consistently given us touches of premium materials for the better part of the last decade.

These just look like ankle-cutter TPU trash material.

Premium materials and performance no longer go hand in hand. You see Olympians wearing track spikes made out of leather or suede? What about marathon shoes? Not even talking about just Nike or JB here. This is across all brands.

What in sam hell is happening with the Jordan Line? Leather (tho not lightweight) is still a great material Nike remeber? USE IT! you used to use it back in the day when eveeryone loved the Jordan line.... and where the heck is Tinker? lol

Premium materials and performance no longer go hand in hand. You see Olympians wearing track spikes made out of leather or suede? What about marathon shoes? Not even talking about just Nike or JB here. This is across all brands.
I personally think they are just being cheap, using cost cutting materials and pushing the performance aspect. You can still create a performance beast and have a shoe that exudes luxury. Let’s face it, they have the wrong people running the brand. It’s just all about profits now…but in my eyes they are hurting the image of what a Jordan once was. They are failing.

B3EBF119-233E-4782-A962-162C3E01F02C.jpeg

What looks more pleasing to the eyes, these or the 37’s? 🤣

But hey, the 37’s will be beasts on court and breakdown after two games. :lol:

Jordan Brand, and I hope you come into this thread. You can shove the 37 up your 🤬

I think JB nailed the look from 32 through 36. Tastes aside, there is nothing about these 37 pics that say "special". And Jordans are supposed to be special.
Personally didn't like the 32s too much but I completely agree on 33-36. I have a pair of each, they were doing a great job the last 4 years and completely botched it with this bs

I personally think they are just being cheap, using cost cutting materials and pushing the performance aspect. You can still create a performance beast and have a shoe that exudes luxury. Let’s face it, they have the wrong people running the brand. It’s just all about profits now…but in my eyes they are hurting the image of what a Jordan once was. They are failing.

Well, they added premium materials to the XXXV and those didn’t sell well. The Jordan 2011s used handcrafted Patina leather and those also sat. I don’t think it makes a difference. The people who buy the flagship models use them to hoop in, and will probably buy them regardless of the materials used. There really is no need for them to use leather or suede because none of the other brands are using those things either. I haven’t heard of anyone say “I was gonna buy the Jordan 36s, but opted for Dame’s shoes instead, because they used leather”.

Jordan Brand basically created their own lane by making retros their biggest line of business. No need to spend money on R&D. Just bring out old shoes using premium materials, and continue to raise the price. They can pump out bricks for the flagship model for the next 20 years and it won’t matter. They will still survive just based on retros, and they aren’t failing at all.

For me I personally like the lower or mid cut for my hooping shoes....these look like a higher cut to me....but I may pick these up at the nike outlet or hibbett for a good price tho

Part of the reason why 1-14 are deemed to look great is because of the allure behind them, the historic significance. Eg - I think the Jordan 2, 9, 10 and 12 are trash in terms of looks (I still mess with the 12 because I love the Zoom Air in them, and they are indestructible), and I would 100% wear the 16s, 21s, 31s, 34s and 36s ahead of them. But those don’t carry the same mystique since Mike didn’t play in any of those. Can’t replicate it anymore.
I like the 9s aesthetically. but they are so bad to play in. got into the 12 hype train and after some soul searching, I dont love them at all. they are good but meh.
as far as the retros go, I wore 1s, 9s and 11s casually. haven't brought out my grail 12s just yet but I might soon. worn the red bull 12s though which I butchered.

I like the 9s aesthetically. but they are so bad to play in. got into the 12 hype train and after some soul searching, I dont love them at all. they are good but meh.
as far as the retros go, I wore 1s, 9s and 11s casually. haven't brought out my grail 12s just yet but I might soon. worn the red bull 12s though which I butchered.
haven't worn any retros for ballin. I always go for the recent updated shoes if I'm going to ball.

Well, they added premium materials to the XXXV and those didn’t sell well. The Jordan 2011s used handcrafted Patina leather and those also sat. I don’t think it makes a difference. The people who buy the flagship models use them to hoop in, and will probably buy them regardless of the materials used. There really is no need for them to use leather or suede because none of the other brands are using those things either. I haven’t heard of anyone say “I was gonna buy the Jordan 36s, but opted for Dame’s shoes instead, because they used leather”.

Jordan Brand basically created their own lane by making retros their biggest line of business. No need to spend money on R&D. Just bring out old shoes using premium materials, and continue to raise the price. They can pump out bricks for the flagship model for the next 20 years and it won’t matter. They will still survive just based on retros, and they aren’t failing at all.
the 35s aren't exactly premium but it got better material than your average team Jordans. the failure of the 35s has more to do with the complaints of the eclipse plate. Jordan 2011 is freakin ugly. it won't matter if they got premium materials on it. now, if Nike/JB is going to put cheap materials and ugly aesthetics, I doubt they would be hot.

just look at the GT Line, what makes the Cuts sell like hotcakes and the Runs sit?

The glory days are over y’all. The I-XIV years. It’s never coming back. When Jordan’s were made for the court but also had casual appeal and turned out to be timeless classics.

I think the goal of new AJ sigs is for hoopers- to be excellent performers, first and foremost. Secondly - from a looks standpoint- it’s about looking better, and feeling more premium - in comparison to other hoop shoes (team Jordan joints - why nots, Zion’s, Luka, and other sig shoes Curry’s, puma/newbies, KDs, Kyries, PGs, etc). I think if the new AJ sig is a performance beast and looks better/more premium than the other hoop shoes they compete with on court, JB is happy.

They’re never gonna surpass what’s been established for off court classics like 1-14s. Yeah they could be worn off court but for the most part, people gonna hoop in 37s, and grab some 1s or 4s or whatever for casual

You're right it's over, it's a different time period.

I would argue that the newer Jordan's do have casual appeal. Unfortunately basketball shoes are no longer looked at to wear casually so most instantly don't view them as shoes to wear casually.

Time for a updated ranking list from everyone on 29-37 (overall not just performance or aesthetics).
1. XXXVI
2. XXXII
3. XXXIV
4. XXXV
5. XXXI
6. XX9
7. XXXVII (maybe they will grow on me)
8. XXXIII (not bad looking)
9. XXX (I dont dislike these)

Doggystyle
Posting for Kierris
“1. XXXVI
2. XXXV
3. XXXIII
4. XXXIV

Can't really rate the other since I never owned them.”

Yeah i completely disagree that garbage materials are due to performance enhancement. Nike would love for everyone to believe that, such as their attempt to pass off heat pressed emblems over embroidery.

Racing flats or marathon shoes are a totally inequitable comparison. Signature basketball shoes have always gone beyond to showcase performance AND build.

The entirety of Jordan Brand's signature line has balanced premium material use and purpose built performance materials.
celtics 36.jpeg
I could go through and post every JB signature but dont want to thread jack. The 36 was an excellent ball shoe, and still included hits of nice accent pieces.
The 37 looks like a Melo on the way out offering

Yeah i completely disagree that garbage materials are due to performance enhancement. Nike would love for everyone to believe that, such as their attempt to pass off heat pressed emblems over embroidery.

Racing flats or marathon shoes are a totally inequitable comparison. Signature basketball shoes have always gone beyond to showcase performance AND build.

The entirety of Jordan Brand's signature line has balanced premium material use and purpose built performance materials.

celtics 36.jpeg
I could go through and post every JB signature but dont want to thread jack. The 36 was an excellent ball shoe, and still included hits of nice accent pieces.
The 37 looks like a Melo on the way out offering

Then why aren’t other brands using leather or suede on basketball shoes?

Back
Top Bottom