Air Jordan's MJ didn't like

Does anybody know if there's any Air Jordan Mike actually didn't like that much? I've read somewhere that he had trouble with the VIII and didn't liked the first version of the X back then. And he also considered leaving Nike after the AJ II until he was presented with the Air Jordan III concept.

You said it really. The VIII was too hot on his feet. Gave him athletes foot. The X was a problem because he didn't like the toe cap at all. The 2 made him almost leave Nike. But I don't know if it was because of design or performance.

You said it really. The VIII was too hot on his feet. Gave him athletes foot. The X was a problem because he didn't like the toe cap at all. The 2 made him almost leave Nike. But I don't know if it was because of design or performance.
Well Lavar ball said they were the best performing bball shoes of all time lol

The best examples are the ones the others have said, but I've also heard that although he liked the AJ1, it looked like most other basketball sneakers on the market and he wanted to go in a different direction. It wasn't really him disliking the shoe as much as it was him wanting to be different and have his signature shoe embody who he was as a person. This obviously led to the AJ2 and him almost leaving Nike, until Tinker floored him with the AJ3.

the 8 cause of athletes foot

the x toe cap

the 2 .....which shoe did he break his foot in the 1 right?
they made the strapped 1 and the 1.5 prototype when he came back for his foot recovery

Crazy thing is Mike stuck with the 8 despite the athletes foot. The pain is unbearable.

I was watching a game from 1992 on YouTube and he started the game in the Wht/Red VII and switched to the white/carmine VI.

Jordan wanted to leave Nike after the 2 cuz his heart wasn't never really with Nike to begin with.

Nike's 1984 pitch to MJ included a video presentation that featured slow-motion clips of highlights form Jordan’s college career and some of his high-flying Olympic moves while the Pointer Sister’s hit song “Jump” played in the background. Nike’s Head Designer Peter Moore presented sketches of the Air Jordan I sneakers, jumpsuits, and other sports apparel, all in black and red. Michael wasn’t very thrilled with the designs that he saw. In fact, he is reported to have said: “I can’t wear that shoe, those are Devil colors”. Although Michael seemed disinterested with Nike’s presentation, he would later tell his agent David Falk “Let’s make the deal.”

Bonus, crazy info via ESPN:

By all accounts, Adidas had almost no interest in Jordan, Converse offered $100,000 per year and a company called Spot-Bilt, which counted O.J. Simpson as an endorser, submitted the highest bid, including Nike.

Jordan took the Nike deal, which was for $500,000 a year for five years. Counting stock options, agent David Falk said the deal was worth about $7 million.

If Jordan didn't sell $4 million worth of shoes by the third year, Nike had the right to cancel the deal. Nike sold $70 million worth of Air Jordans in its first two months on sale in 1985.

I would be interested in hearing more about the 5 beyond the inspiration behind the shoe.

I’ve never in my life heard that Mike didn’t like the VIII. Or that it gave him athletes foot. Where did you get this info?!

They’re definitely the heaviest and least breathable. I’ve always thought straps were gimmicky and stupid on shoes. But the AJ8 are comfortably cushioned.

I know for a fact he didn’t like the AJ1, at least color wise and he HATED the overall design of the AJ2.

The design of the 3 from Tinker, being the first mid basketball shoe with the addition of the new jumpman logo really saved Nike as a whole company by keeping him with the company.

And IDK if he didn’t like the AJX or if he just hated the toe box, and the fact I don’t believe he had as much design input on that model as well.

I’ve never in my life heard that Mike didn’t like the VIII. Or that it gave him athletes foot. Where did you get this info?!

They’re definitely the heaviest and least breathable. I’ve always thought straps were gimmicky and stupid on shoes. But the AJ8 are comfortably cushioned.

I know for a fact he didn’t like the AJ1, at least color wise and he HATED the overall design of the AJ2.

The design of the 3 from Tinker, being the first mid basketball shoe with the addition of the new jumpman logo really saved Nike as a whole company by keeping him with the company.

And IDK if he didn’t like the AJX or if he just hated the toe box, and the fact I don’t believe he had as much design input on that model as well.
Sole collector or slam. Cant remember. He liked the ten, but didn't like the toe cap due to miscommunication between him and tinker. MJ has always wanted the toe clean, at least since the 6.

The ten is the only shoe that I know there was a conflict about. Toe cap. The 1 he questioned because of the colors. Devil colors. The 2 was an assumption of disappointment due to him wanting to leave Nike until Tinker presented the 3. Which he loved right off the bat. I don't believe he ever hated the 8, it just gave him foot problems due to its lack of breathability.

I know most of you guys have already seen tinkers Netflix documentary, but I figure I'd put it out there for those who may not have seen it. On Netflix, the series is called Absract: The Art Of Design (episode 2).
tinker-hatfield-netflix-abstract-art-of-design-show.png

Back
Top Bottom