Air Max Jr. (Griffey) ~ 2011

Originally Posted by BigPUNoy

Originally Posted by therealestwun

I never understood why Nike made the Mariner color Griffey shoes with black on them? The Mariners' colors are navy blue/white/silver/turquoise. The black and turquoise doesn't match their hat and uniform. Instead of black, it should always be navy to match perfectly with the turquoise on them.
The Mariners never really wore navy shoes with their uniforms, mostly opting for black cleats. The only navy cleats I can remember during the Griffey years wear a pair navy/silver pair of Griffy 3's I think. So the black has never bothered me. Not saying they shouldn't do a navy version of his shoes though because I think they would be pretty sick! A navy/silver Griffey 1, 2 or 3 would kill!
Yeah, the black never bothered me either.  You have to remember, these first came out in the mid-90's when most of the cleats were predominantly black.
Yep, PUN I remember those too... I think the bigger change came when Jr wore some grey AGM3's.

72498131.jpg
385917.jpg

Anyway, I did this PS a long while back... woulda been nice I suppose.  

Originally Posted by therealestwun

I never understood why Nike made the Mariner color Griffey shoes with black on them? The Mariners' colors are navy blue/white/silver/turquoise. The black and turquoise doesn't match their hat and uniform. Instead of black, it should always be navy to match perfectly with the turquoise on them.
The Mariners never really wore navy shoes with their uniforms, mostly opting for black cleats. The only navy cleats I can remember during the Griffey years wear a pair navy/silver pair of Griffy 3's I think. So the black has never bothered me. Not saying they shouldn't do a navy version of his shoes though because I think they would be pretty sick! A navy/silver Griffey 1, 2 or 3 would kill!
Yeah, the black never bothered me either.  You have to remember, these first came out in the mid-90's when most of the cleats were predominantly black.
Yep, PUN I remember those too... I think the bigger change came when Jr wore some grey AGM3's.

72498131.jpg
385917.jpg

Originally Posted by SinnerP

I was thinking straight Midnight Navy/white (like your PS) but with silver accents, no teal or red. The swoosh, air bubble, 24, front lace loop and pull tabs would be silver. It would've matched their alternate jerseys perfect, especially when they had the silver piping on the front and around the neck.

He wore silver Griffey 3's for the "turn ahead the clock" game, those need to be quick striked because I'm really getting close to pulling the trigger on the silver 1's and I really don't like that color!

I was thinking straight Midnight Navy/white (like your PS) but with silver accents, no teal or red. The swoosh, air bubble, 24, front lace loop and pull tabs would be silver. It would've matched their alternate jerseys perfect, especially when they had the silver piping on the front and around the neck.

He wore silver Griffey 3's for the "turn ahead the clock" game, those need to be quick striked because I'm really getting close to pulling the trigger on the silver 1's and I really don't like that color!

Some new pics on sneakernews 
tired.gif

Still not a fan of the Torch 
ohwell.gif

[font=Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]
nike-air-max-jr-cool-grey-neon-yellow-dark-charcoal-05.jpg
[/font]

nike-air-max-jr-cool-grey-neon-yellow-dark-charcoal-06.jpg

nike-air-max-jr-cool-grey-neon-yellow-dark-charcoal-04.jpg

nike-air-max-jr-cool-grey-neon-yellow-dark-charcoal-03.jpg

nike-air-max-jr-cool-grey-neon-yellow-dark-charcoal-02.jpg

nike-air-max-jr-cool-grey-neon-yellow-dark-charcoal-01.jpg

nike-air-max-jr-black-varsity-red-05.jpg

nike-air-max-jr-black-varsity-red-06.jpg

nike-air-max-jr-black-varsity-red-04.jpg

nike-air-max-jr-black-varsity-red-03.jpg

nike-air-max-jr-black-varsity-red-02.jpg

nike-air-max-jr-black-varsity-red-01.jpg

Some new pics on sneakernews 
tired.gif

Still not a fan of the Torch 
ohwell.gif

[font=Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]
nike-air-max-jr-cool-grey-neon-yellow-dark-charcoal-05.jpg
[/font]

nike-air-max-jr-cool-grey-neon-yellow-dark-charcoal-06.jpg

nike-air-max-jr-cool-grey-neon-yellow-dark-charcoal-04.jpg

nike-air-max-jr-cool-grey-neon-yellow-dark-charcoal-03.jpg

nike-air-max-jr-cool-grey-neon-yellow-dark-charcoal-02.jpg

nike-air-max-jr-cool-grey-neon-yellow-dark-charcoal-01.jpg

nike-air-max-jr-black-varsity-red-05.jpg

nike-air-max-jr-black-varsity-red-06.jpg

nike-air-max-jr-black-varsity-red-04.jpg

nike-air-max-jr-black-varsity-red-03.jpg

nike-air-max-jr-black-varsity-red-02.jpg

nike-air-max-jr-black-varsity-red-01.jpg

I dont think those black/red fusions look very good. The neon green ones though look pretty nice.

I dont think those black/red fusions look very good. The neon green ones though look pretty nice.

Hmm I see your point
4823049148_cee3aeb4fa_o.jpg

Hmm I see your point
4823049148_cee3aeb4fa_o.jpg

Yes you did, and I still appreciate it
wink.gif
Those would be incredible
smokin.gif

I'm not the biggest fan of the torch material either. And the combination of the 24 being at the top and no strap to break up the profile, these have a more high top look to them. Hopefully they impress more in person.

Yes you did, and I still appreciate it
wink.gif
Those would be incredible
smokin.gif

I'm not the biggest fan of the torch material either. And the combination of the 24 being at the top and no strap to break up the profile, these have a more high top look to them. Hopefully they impress more in person.

Originally Posted by Tang

Black/Red,Freshwaters,and Limes are copped

^^ I'm co-signing on that.
The new pics are starting to make me a believer.
They are going to be sooooo comfy like my 24/7's.

Originally Posted by Tang

Black/Red,Freshwaters,and Limes are copped

^^ I'm co-signing on that.
The new pics are starting to make me a believer.
They are going to be sooooo comfy like my 24/7's.

Back
Top Bottom