Air Max Webber/Sensation Returns Spring 2016...

I always used to think this shoe was overrated. ...like if they weren't webbers sneaker no one would eem like em like that....but theyve grown on me over the years.

View media item 1581637

These were the first shoes to feature forefoot visible air along with the AM95. They were an awesome shoe and very popular in 95.

That bubble, i dont know why Nike cant make them that big again, even if they are thicker to make them last longer but just make them bigger, these little bubbles are a joke. Pretty soon the forefoot air will be painted on, uh oh better not give Nike any ideas

I'm a fan of the smaller bubble, less prone to heel scuffing/dragging. Size of the bubble isn't important as long as sufficient psi is present.

The Black/Royal was my first Air Max2 Shoe. I had them for my freshman year in High School in August of 1995. I remember telling my parents that I wanted them for school, and when I came back from out of town for the weekend, there they were sitting there for me. :D Fresh from Palais Royal. The black/royal pair will always hold a special place in my heart because of the memories.

As far as performance, they were great shoes. I still have my 02 white/navy retros. Great Traction, Comfort, and responsiveness and they locked down the foot really well.

Yes!!! Black/royal was my first pair as well. I need that CW on the back!

MAN, WHAT'S SO CRAZY IS THAT ME AND MY HOMIE WERE JUST TALKIN' ABOUT THESE THIS PAST SUNDAY, ABOUT HOW NIKE NEEDED TO RETRO THESE AGAIN, ESPECIALLY THE BLK/BLUE JOINTS WE HAD DURING OUR JUNIOR YEAR OF HIGH SCHOOL BACK IN '95...AND NOW TO HEAR THIS NEWS IS DEFINITELY MAKING MY DAY! COUNT ME IN FOR 2 PAIR, AND I'M ALSO HOPING FOR THE OG WHITE/NAVY JOINTS AS WELL #SOLID...HOLLA!

CED B.

they need to just go ahead and pay webber and make them the air max cwebb again. 
That's not what happened.

I'm a big cwebb fan.

Back in the Nike days, he was pumping out shoe after shoe.

I had all his shoes.

Then he complained that the latest CWebb Nike was more $$$ than the new Jordan at the time.

Nike and and chris webber had a disagreement and he left to Dada.

We all know how that turned out.
This is correct. He even spoke about it at the time saying that he disagreed with Nike for charging so much for shoes and he wanted to wear a shoe that was more affordable. It wasn't just about the shoe costing more than the latest AJ at the time. Because he's no longer with Nike in any capacity, the net and his number cannot appear on the back heel tab. It was a cool touch, but def not a deal breaker on the shoe (at least for me anyway). I guess it's time now for me to restore the last retro of the Air Max Sensation (I hate that name btw, but I understand what it's called that now.) If the white/navy comes out (which I doubt) I might cop and it would be my third pair (og, retro, 2016?). Either way, a solid shoe all around and I hope they don't screw it up. 

Yup they were as much or more than Jordan much like other Maxes
Man those were the days!!!!......wish i could go back!!!
tired.gif

View media item 1584705

I'm all over this colorway only. Being a Michigan fan, i would prefer they leave Chris Webbers name off these. Honestly can't stand him.

I remember these were the team shoe for nearly every college in the country when they dropped. I'll take 2.

if the CB2 is moving, these will sell quickly. I would love to get a pair below $100 but I'm not sure my size will last that long. might be a RD purchase for me.

Can't wait... man I'm happy they're releasing a lot of the older stuff I always wanted.

Would love for them to have C. Webb's logo on the back, but hopefully they don't put some nonsense that ruins the whole shoe.

Didn't know that if a player is not with a company anymore they cannot use his number.

Is this true? Adidas uses "Crazy 8" as Kobe's retro without having his name on it. Either way, the lack of "2" wont affect me, not a Webber fan but i love this shoe.

My take is if you're going to retro a product, produce it exactly as it was! To me, it just takes away from the nostalgia that it holds by changing details around.

hope they retro these also
Me too!! I remember I went to visit family in Cali over the summer when these originally dropped. My uncle was going to get me the white/navy ones for my birthday but they sold out at the spot we went to so I had to get the black/white Air Flight Ones instead. Talk about disappointed. I missed out on that released when they got retro'd a few years back. This time around I gotta get them white and Navy's and hopefully Nike drops these black/blue ones also. 

Is this true? Adidas uses "Crazy 8" as Kobe's retro without having his name on it. Either way, the lack of "2" wont affect me, not a Webber fan but i love this shoe.
Yep, they been doing that since the first time they retro'd that shoe years ago. Kobe only had 2 shoes with Adidas when he first got to the NBA and then he went to Nike. Adidas can't use his name on their retro's. 

Reebok just went through that with Frank Thomas with The Big Hurt. Frank sued Reebok because they were using his trademark on the retro release without cutting him a check so Reebok couldn't release the shoe to retailers and had to drop it at their outlets for half the price and change the name on the box from The Big Hurt to "Retro 90's tech trainer" or something like that. 

^^^ Nice zia, been in NM for 10 years.

Don't think it'll will happen, i think Webber finished his playing days with another company. Nike would have to resign him just to release a true OG, dont see that happening.

Last edited:
They need to do something if they wont put the cw logo back on it

The first time they retroed they used a japanese logo on the back but the next time they retroed it looked so generic with a tiny swoosh and the words air then they just put double swooshes on the back on some colorways :lol:

Back
Top Bottom