Air Penny 2 RD & Pics: 9/27/08 White/Royal/Black, 11/08, & 01/09

But they’re retros, not protros like the Kobe line where they include updated tech. Their shoes from the 90s with 90s tech lol

Last edited:
IMG_1281.jpeg
$160 off GOAT been lurking this drop

they took all the stussys off stussys site but they didn’t sellout

I’m assuming they’ll be hitting outlets at some point in fsr’s

But they’re retros, not proteins like the Kobe line where they include updated tech. Their shoes from the 90s with 90s tech lol

Exactly lmao I keep telling people that . I’m like what do you expect ? The shoe came out in such and such year . It’s not going to be like a modern day shoe lol and had one dude try and say he wanted “ modern tech “ … it was for the alpha forces I believe . I’m like dude the shoe is from 1988 . What do you want ? Lol I mean these are Nike retros we’re talking about… what you get is what you get .. it’s nothing new. Same old **** it’s literally always been

The thing is though, other than the max unit, the tech in the Penny II isn't outdated, at least from the midsole down. Phylon, carbon fiber, zoom air. All still used in modern shoes. The real issue is Nike doesn't make them the way they used to, primarily the phylon midsole being MUCH MUCH firmer than it originally was. Which is the primary contributor to the "brick-like" feel on foot.

Once again . Exactly . We get cheap ****ty bottom of the barrel materials and overall quality . But even with there being carbon fiber and zoom and stuff . I still don’t think anybody would choose to play in the penny 2’s for expample over a modern day 2023 Nike or Jordan basketball shoe . . It’s not just the zoom and midsole and stuff . Those old shoes are super clunky and stuff and the upper is just totally different than most shoes these days . Most stuff nowadays is just super light weight and breathable. It’s just that they’re two completely different eras

The thing is though, other than the max unit, the tech in the Penny II isn't outdated, at least from the midsole down. Phylon, carbon fiber, zoom air. All still used in modern shoes. The real issue is Nike doesn't make them the way they used to, primarily the phylon midsole being MUCH MUCH firmer than it originally was. Which is the primary contributor to the "brick-like" feel on foot.
90s tech was decent the first time around .. all air maxes felt plush and bouncy. Zoom was actually low profile with crazy response on the court. These days they used half assed tech, it's not the same tech as the OG .. very rare we get the same exact specs...

The zoom from the 90s is way different than the zoom they are putting out now .. it's sad

The zoom air 96 were so damn comfy back then. Even the zoom air turf 97 which I used for football and basketball... 😂 Nike just don't want to utilize the same exact specs cause it'll cost more and most people arent doing cross training in retros .. 😂

$152.99

Came back expecting news the Orlandos are coming back out but nope. The pandas are decent. Kinda like the white/red-blue Uptempo 95, would've been dope they went that direction but the white/teal colorblocking instead

Came back expecting news the Orlandos are coming back out but nope. The pandas are decent. Kinda like the white/red-blue Uptempo 95, would've been dope they went that direction but the white/teal colorblocking instead

they are coming back

unless you mean the black based ones

This is one of those shoes I always wanted as a kid but never got to own. I bought a pair of the retros but I think I ended grabbing the black and red pair because of where I was employed at the time "made us wear uniforms." I'll definitely go after this retro instead of sitting it out this time.

Back
Top Bottom