AIR TRAINER III's set to release for 2009: 7 colorways (updated 4/06/09)

Originally Posted by AquaGrape2345

which one is considered the medine balls
f63352b94d5c674ec8acc970b9bbb9a4cc534e3.jpg

It's just that I see some many teens around my neighborhood rock transformer trainers and other trainers. its sickening

I agree these new age colorways are fruity..nevertheless..OG colorways such as medicineballs are FIYAH!

The thing is that the IIIs already have so much going on in its actual design with the velcro strap, outrigger, airbubble, and ankle flap that when you startthrowing on "special" materials and mixing loud colors it just kills the original design asthetic. Nike, stop letting the salesmen colorup theshoes...

registered, can't say I disagree with you. Tinker sought fit to have basic colorways as the original colorways and that's what we got initially. youcant steer much further from that and find success imo. if crazy colors worked with that model we wouldve seen that 20 years ago.

An ebay seller has some new shots of one of the summer releases:

Originally Posted by WallyHopp

registered, can't say I disagree with you. Tinker sought fit to have basic colorways as the original colorways and that's what we got initially. you cant steer much further from that and find success imo. if crazy colors worked with that model we wouldve seen that 20 years ago.

Same mistakes again and again and again....

Does this seems that the 09 Med balls will come without plastic strap?
Without "AIR TRAINER SC" tongue tag?
With a stu*id inner part?

Originally Posted by WallyHopp

registered, can't say I disagree with you. Tinker sought fit to have basic colorways as the original colorways and that's what we got initially. you cant steer much further from that and find success imo. if crazy colors worked with that model we wouldve seen that 20 years ago.

I think times are a little different now. Now, what was once considered a feminine colorway is common place in mens sneakers. I think it'ssociety changing, so Nike has tried to keep up with the times. So we see less basic colorways and more special materials. Plus I think it's alsoNike's way of justifying a $20 or $30 increase in price. A lot of these kids have no attachment to the OG's, so they're new sneakers to them. Sothey don't mind getting black/grey/white/orange SC's. To the rest of us, it's the b*stardization of a great sneaker.

Buying the retro of this was a bad idea. I'm not going to sell them, but since they're beaten already, I'm just going to use them as lawn mowingshoes. Ankles have no support for the tough hills I battle on my lawn, so a mid-top shoe will be excellent.
grin.gif

I'm more than ready for the Air Trainer SC retro this fall however. The patent on this Air Trainer III release just ruins it, and the comfort is almostlike a dress shoe. The air is almost non-existent, and the nice interior of the original Air Trainers that I've never had is replaced with thischeap-feeling mesh that chafed my ankle the first few wears. Not soft at all.

I know Nike's got to make a profit, but I'm ready to see them produce less amounts of Air Max shoes and instead bring out their cooler originaltrainers, like the Air Pillars, the Air Trainer II, or the Carnivores for the new generation to see and appreciate, instead of bringing out all these crazy andwhack colors that cost $150 originally but get sent to clearance racks. Waste of their materials for a shoe that has been watered down with all sorts ofcolors. They could also stop creating, IMO, casual shoes like the Nike Infiltrators that are found on many high-schoolers feet and kill off the non-Bowermanrunning shoes, like the Air Copius or the Air Max Torch. A lot of these OG shoes could come to the light again at a nicer quality, you just have to stop makingthe crap that no one wants, and stop half-assing all of these designs. A lot of these retros and even new shoes could be made at a higher quality and focus ondesign that will a guarantee sale for every shoe. I never got to see Bo Jackson or Michael Jordan (except towards the end of his career) play, but I'd buyany retro of them, if it guaranteed an almost EXACT replica of the original at a reasonable price, which is impossible because they spend all of their R&Dmoney on dumb designs as said earlier.

Originally Posted by ekstra one

I'm sorry, but all of these trainers are heaters
blocks_image_0_1.png

I'm really annoyed by the new "stylish" words. I guess you can never say they are cool anymore.
eyes.gif

Yes, I'm mad.

i remember having the all black/cool grey ones and they always hurt my feet

didn't like the fit, and they look ugly to me nowadays

but i'll take the air trainer SC bo jacksons in the orange/white color

Originally Posted by Dynamic X

Originally Posted by ekstra one

I'm sorry, but all of these trainers are heaters
blocks_image_0_1.png

I'm really annoyed by the new "stylish" words. I guess you can never say they are cool anymore.
eyes.gif

Yes, I'm mad.

lol
roll.gif

just got my pair, how does everyone wear theirs? i wana find the best look for em

Anybody have the pics of the sample Medicine Ball trainers cubanbee had up a few weeks back? Just curious because I'm really hoping they don't changethe plastic strap or anything. I'd love for these to be as close to the first retros as possible without all the corner-cutting that Nike does nowadays.These are seriously one of my favorite kicks of all time. My last pair I left at my dad's house and his wife took them to panama and gave them away to somerelatives. She called me up one day asking if I had any old stuff there I wanted to get rid of, and I told her to take any clothes she wants just none of theshoes. She takes all the clothes and all of the shoes, including my medicine balls. She sent them to friggin PANAMA!! To another country!!

EDIT:
Found the pic:
dpwz9d.jpg

Looks like we get the plastic strap, but that air bubble is getting so small it's starting to look like they just drew it on. Also, the perforated leatheris way off, but I'd rather them cut costs that way than changing the materials altogether.

they really dont look that bad if you wear them right, if you wear jeans and just tuck them into the tongue they look good

Originally Posted by PanaRicanRetro

My last pair I left at my dad's house and his wife took them to panama and gave them away to some relatives. She called me up one day asking if I had any old stuff there I wanted to get rid of, and I told her to take any clothes she wants just none of the shoes. She takes all the clothes and all of the shoes, including my medicine balls. She sent them to friggin PANAMA!! To another country!!

Wow, that sounds like major beef duke. I hope you still managed to have a good relationship with her lol.

Back
Top Bottom