AJ IV Red Thunder Jan, 15 2022

Mine finally arrived. They are… ok. I feel like quantity control wasn’t really there on this one. Mine actually didn’t have that many scuffs on the toe box. I just took my thumb and managed to wipe it off
FFB7A05F-8F34-49D3-A2D8-2A8E62C24163.jpeg
782D144D-54F4-4FCF-A4FB-E3843DE8611B.jpeg

I think if I would have managed to cop in my size, I would rock these.

Attachments

• CBA330A7-0150-4C01-92E2-92C0647DACF5.jpeg
    CBA330A7-0150-4C01-92E2-92C0647DACF5.jpeg
    443.3 KB · Views: 184
Typically when there’s a new format, there’s initial success for manual users, but over time, the bots evolve and end up running things.

Some solutions:
A) Shoe companies just make more pairs instead of making things limited, which puts it in to the hands of regular people and drives down resell as well.

B) Stores release all of their stock in store, spreading it to all of their stores instead of big cities, and then do the leftovers online.

C) A more strict online raffle system that does a better job of weeding out fluff accounts.

Typically when there’s a new format, there’s initial success for manual users, but over time, the bots evolve and end up running things.

Some solutions:
A) Shoe companies just make more pairs instead of making things limited, which puts it in to the hands of regular people and drives down resell as well.

B) Stores release all of their stock in store, spreading it to all of their stores instead of big cities, and then do the leftovers online.

C) A more strict online raffle system that does a better job of weeding out fluff accounts.
From an economist standpoint I think these shoe companies would only like or would consider option C. But option C would only work for so long until someone finds a workaround. We know that hype drives sales and the companies knows this as well, if demand is higher than supply then you can always charge a higher asking price rather than when demand and supply is at equilibrium.

From an economist standpoint I think these shoe companies would only like or would consider option C. But option C would only work for so long until someone finds a workaround. We know that hype drives sales and the companies knows this as well, if demand is higher than supply then you can always charge a higher asking price rather than when demand and supply is at equilibrium.
The problem right now though is Nike is significantly underselling the demand and losing market share to other companies. They could significantly increase their supply while still having demand be higher.

Also, demand is cyclical and not necessarily just predicated on supply. At some point, Jordans will lose some of the hype it has gained in recent years as tastemakers move on to other brands. The goal is to max out potential sales while doing it in a healthy manner. Nike has not even come close to doing that.

Just look at the Kobe line and what they did there. They probably sold 10 percent or less of the demand and then let the Kobe estate walk.

Absolutely horrible strategy by Nike long term.

In their own words they’ve been losing market share as the sneaker market has significantly grown and have been very flat footed and have not had enough product to meet demand.

End of the day Nike is selling us really bad Quality most color ways are dope in my opinion. It it’s like they just make them and ship them out. It’s all a crap shoot on what yours look like. I should have mine on Tuesday and I am sure there will be issues with mine. But after seeing and reading ever one’s how can I complain I know what I am up against

The problem right now though is Nike is significantly underselling the demand and losing market share to other companies. They could significantly increase their supply while still having demand be higher.

Also, demand is cyclical and not necessarily just predicated on supply. At some point, Jordans will lose some of the hype it has gained in recent years as tastemakers move on to other brands. The goal is to max out potential sales while doing it in a healthy manner. Nike has not even come close to doing that.

Just look at the Kobe line and what they did there. They probably sold 10 percent or less of the demand and then let the Kobe estate walk.

Absolutely horrible strategy by Nike long term.

In their own words they’ve been losing market share as the sneaker market has significantly grown and have been very flat footed and have not had enough product to meet demand.

I agree, this hype machine that they're pushing is only going to work in the short-run, in the long-run they're going to lose to market share due to people just being burnt out from years of striking out and going to lengths to just buy a shoe.
Then of course most things that's a trend is eventually going to slow down and lose the demand it had at it's height. That's why the best-selling shoes we see every year aren't the hyped ones, it's the shoes made public to the general masses such as a NMD, Air Max 270 and AF-1s. Nike/JB wouldn't be able to stock every hot colorway due to supply chain and production issues but I think it would be smart if they kept certain colorways in constant rotation like a White Cement 3s, Bred 1s and Grape 5s.

Every other company at least try to produce enough to satisfy demand that way you can be at maximized profit for that product (MR = MC) and if there is a surplus then just discount the product to where it's sellable regardless. In America Nike holds JB on such a high pedestal and wants it to be such an envied brand that needs the hype, that's the issue for sure.

With all the complaints about scuffs and dust you would think dudes just got in to sneakers
Yeah ok. There's so many complaints because this is one of the worst QC releases in a long time. Has nothing to do with "just getting into sneakers." lol.

Yeah ok. There's so many complaints because this is one of the worst QC releases in a long time. Has nothing to do with "just getting into sneakers." lol.

It's nubuck in a box, of course it's not going to look pristine. That's what brushes are for, especially for black, but in 2022 grown men would rather whine to get e-hugs.

Why do you think suede brushes exist?

You obviously don't have black grapes, varsity red 6's, or black metallics.

If they're that bad, sell them.

It's nubuck in a box, of course it's not going to look pristine. That's what brushes are for, especially for black, but in 2022 grown men would rather whine to get e-hugs.

Ok, I commented in a Sneaker forum about a sneaker related topic that multiple people have brought up and you try to relate it to "Just getting into sneakers," and know I'm whining. Has nothing to do about that, Like I said, one of the worst QC issues in a long time and then you name multiple shoes that haven't released in years. Im a grown *** man and could give 2 ****s about e-hugs. Any way, im here to talk shoes, im over it. :emoji_v:

Qc is dog****. Sneakerhead shouldn’t have to do maintenance on fresh pair to being out the blackout look of the shoe. Also shouldn’t require maintenance after every wear. Bad choice of material imo

Back
Top Bottom