AJ1 JETER 715854-402 Midnight Navy/Metallic Gold-Sail $160

Not picking on you at all homey so dont take it personal, but this is exactly the ish Im talking about.

Until people stop paying the few extra bucks, and resellers get caught sitting on shoes they dont necessarily want, there will always be ******** around sneaker releases.  Hope you sell yours and you make some cash, but peeps gotta stop paying above retail!

These are a different story though. They're falling under baseball memorabilia as well, so it's understandable why someone would pay over retail for these.

Keeping them.  Been a Yankees fan for as long as I can remember.  I have great memories with my Dad (may he rest in peace), going to Yankees games - 1st Yankees game at the old Yankee Stadium in August 1995 against Baltimore, and our last game together in July 2005 at Anaheim Stadium.  I still remember his excitement when we found out I would be "playing as a Yankee" for my local little league in 1992.  I'm 100% sure if my Dad was alive today he would have copped both the AJ1 and the Flex Trainers.

These are a different story though. They're falling under baseball memorabilia as well, so it's understandable why someone would pay over retail for these.
Ya I can get with that.  Just more speaking in general ya know.

Dont mind me Im just a little bit a lot bit salty lol

I am going to sell my pair so I can get another release I missed out on that I wanted. If I could talk someone into selling me theirs for retail I would sell mine for retail. 

Keeping them.  Been a Yankees fan for as long as I can remember.  I have great memories with my Dad (may he rest in peace), going to Yankees games - 1st Yankees game at the old Yankee Stadium in August 1995 against Baltimore, and our last game together in July 2005 at Anaheim Stadium.  I still remember his excitement when we found out I would be "playing as a Yankee" for my local little league in 1992.  I'm 100% sure if my Dad was alive today he would have copped both the AJ1 and the Flex Trainers.
This is the ish Im talking about.  Nice to see someone with a story like yours get your pair.

For me, I've been a Yankee fan all my life. Jeter's been the reason why I loved baseball and the Yankees. And becoming a sneaker head these past few years, I really had my eyes on these shoes. It really sickens me to see how much people want to take advantage of a limited release to make some cash. There are fans like me who want these shoes because of the reason of Jeter and our Yankee pride and we've supported him throughout our fanhood. At least for me, I've refused to use a bot or pay a resell price because that's just not right thing to do in my opinion.

Sure, with sneaker culture it's hard enough for me being a size 13 and this seems to be the only way to get them but I hate it. Shoes should be bought the fair way without cheating. It's kind of sad to say but for a shoe honoring a legend who never cheated and played the right way gets his product bought by those who love to cheat the system and make bucks off of it. Jeter was never for the bucks, he was all about championships, never taking the easy way out. Sure, I feel blessed to be able to have some pairs of the Flightflex trainers for me and my dad (and one extra pair for when our trainers become beaters), but a shoe that has Yankee flair and a tribute to Jeter would've been perfect for me. 

Now don't get me wrong, in my life of premium sneaker collecting, I'm 5-for-6 (Jeter Flex (NDC), Black Toe 1s (outlet), Concord 11 Lows (FA raffle), Military 4 (NDC), WTKD6 (NDC)) and I'd be willing to trade some Trainers and the remaining $40 for this. But striking out on the Jeters really make me disappointed and wonder why I enjoy reveling in this culture. 

Congratulations to those who copped, but I just hope you do the right thing to honor a man that has done so much for baseball.

RE2PECT to you dude, congrats on the cop :smile:

This is the ish Im talking about.  Nice to see someone with a story like yours get your pair.

For me, I've been a Yankee fan all my life. Jeter's been the reason why I loved baseball and the Yankees. And becoming a sneaker head these past few years, I really had my eyes on these shoes. It really sickens me to see how much people want to take advantage of a limited release to make some cash. There are fans like me who want these shoes because of the reason of Jeter and our Yankee pride and we've supported him throughout our fanhood. At least for me, I've refused to use a bot or pay a resell price because that's just not right thing to do in my opinion.

Sure, with sneaker culture it's hard enough for me being a size 13 and this seems to be the only way to get them but I hate it. Shoes should be bought the fair way without cheating. It's kind of sad to say but for a shoe honoring a legend who never cheated and played the right way gets his product bought by those who love to cheat the system and make bucks off of it. Jeter was never for the bucks, he was all about championships, never taking the easy way out. Sure, I feel blessed to be able to have some pairs of the Flightflex trainers for me and my dad (and one extra pair for when our trainers become beaters), but a shoe that has Yankee flair and a tribute to Jeter would've been perfect for me. 

Now don't get me wrong, in my life of premium sneaker collecting, I'm 5-for-6 (Jeter Flex (NDC), Black Toe 1s (outlet), Concord 11 Lows (FA raffle), Military 4 (NDC), WTKD6 (NDC)) and I'd be willing to trade some Trainers and the remaining $40 for this. But striking out on the Jeters really make me disappointed and wonder why I enjoy reveling in this culture. 

Congratulations to those who copped, but I just hope you do the right thing to honor a man that has done so much for baseball.

RE2PECT to you dude, congrats on the cop :smile:
Thanks.  I can proudly say that I successfully copped on the 1st RD the "Jeter way": no Bots, no ATC.  For one thing, I have absolutely no idea how to even use a bot.  Secondly, Nike/Jordan Brand already charges an arm and both legs for sneakers now-a-days, and then adding additional money for services isn't appealing, nor financially applicable to me.  I grew up in the days where you read about upcoming releases in Slam Magazine and then walk into a Foot Locker weeks after release day and cop a sneaker you wanted, and man do I miss those days.  

These Jeter 1s are the 1st "limited" sneakers of the social media era that I successfully copped on RD, and it's probably going to be the last.  And I'm ok with that. There's always something releasing in the future.

need to block ebay and flight club, still so damn tempted to buy a pair in size 13 or 14

mean.gif

Ate the 1st release with my size 12. Won again today with 11.5 will be trade bait eventually. Stayed at work late to use their connection in empty office.

I was at work so couldn't try, damn east coast bias.  Got a pair for 140 though and can't believe Nike upped the price, even for them that's a new low.

A seller with 0 feedback is just looking to make a buck. I ain't mad, I'm just salty I missed.
I won't be owning this shoe because I'm not trading one hot shoe for another.
And I'm not paying that kind of money for a sneaker I will wear once a month if that.

They are a Jordan 1. Kanye or Jay-Z wears them and its a wrap
I'm sure Jay-Z will be seen in public wearing them soon.  

Kanye? Haven't been a fan since 'Graduation', although I know the hype he brings unfortunately. 

Nice pic  
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom