AJKO'S AND OG 1'S WHOS GOT THE RAREST ONES?

i'm sure must have you guys have seen these pics before but oh well....
does anyone actually own 1's that say AIR JORDAN in place of the wings logo?

250m54m.jpg

2dm80sw.jpg

6f068h.jpg

ay9cte.jpg

2uohy5f.gif

Originally Posted by elcerrito91

@Zach, I believe someone does own those. Jermaine, you sent me pics of those on ISS right?

Great find on the "strapped" 1s, where did you find those? Are they yours? Man thats an awesome find. 
Game that he is wearing those is January 1, 1986.

I found this pic on gettyimages just now
86547546.jpg

http://
86547613.jpg

86547548.jpg

http://www.gettyimages.com/Search/S...=image&ep=2&p=Michael+Jordan+Boston+Celtics#4
what CW is he wearing here?
51763649.jpg

SWEEEEET pics man! And thanks for the help. But the game I showed pictures from is indeed March 21, 1986, not Jan 1. The Bulls didn't have a game on 1/1/86, not to mention Michael was injured at that time and wouldn't return for another two full months. The only regular season game Chicago played against the Celtics in 1986 was the game in reference. Getty labels pictures without a date on file as Jan 1 for whatever reason instead of "no date" or something like that. PS none of the pictures you posted in beginning show up..

off_line.gif
nine point five-can you shed any light on why your pair has ankle support on both shoes and his pair only has them on the one?  Not calling them anything but real, just want to know more history on these.  Maybe he swapped out the one with another shoe because he didnt need the support.  None the less, great shoes.

Originally Posted by nine point five

@Zach, I believe someone does own those. Jermaine, you sent me pics of those on ISS right?

Great find on the "strapped" 1s, where did you find those? Are they yours? Man thats an awesome find. 
Game that he is wearing those is January 1, 1986.

I found this pic on gettyimages just now
86547546.jpg

http://
86547613.jpg

86547548.jpg

http://www.gettyimages.com/Search/S...=image&ep=2&p=Michael+Jordan+Boston+Celtics#4
what CW is he wearing here?
51763649.jpg

SWEEEEET pics man! And thanks for the help. But the game I showed pictures from is indeed March 21, 1986, not Jan 1. The Bulls didn't have a game on 1/1/86, not to mention Michael was injured at that time and wouldn't return for another two full months. The only regular season game Chicago played against the Celtics in 1986 was the game in reference. Getty labels pictures without a date on file as Jan 1 for whatever reason instead of "no date" or something like that. PS none of the pictures you posted in beginning show up..
which pictures in the beginning? thanks man. Yeah, I've known about Getty since 04, I know how they mess up on dates. Sorry for the error. How did you find out about these 1s? And was my assumption that he only wore the pair once true as well? Also I think all of us would appreciate it if you shared the info on this pair (strapped 1s). Thanks.

One user pointed something out, one shoe is a size 13 and the other is 13.5. any idea why that is?

elcerrito91 wrote:

One user pointed something out, one shoe is a size 13 and the other is 13.5. any idea why that is?

Many of the pairs he wore in games are different sizes, it has been documented that his feet are different sizes.

They're on eBay for 24,999 plus 25 shipping. Once I saw a pair of game worn bred 1s go at a sports auction for 800 only.

They're on eBay for 24,999 plus 25 shipping. Once I saw a pair of game worn bred 1s go at a sports auction for 800 only.

Perhaps that's because "game worn" "breds" don't exist. He wore many pairs of the white/red/black colorway but black/red or "bred" was banned by the NBA. Mike NEVER wore them in the NBA but for the Slam Dunk contest. The story is recounted in detail in the book "Swoosh: The Unauthorized Story of Nike and the Men Who Played There". Very interesting read for anyone interested btw.. Trust, these will sell for considerably more than $800.

Originally Posted by xfile 11

off_line.gif
nine point five-can you shed any light on why your pair has ankle support on both shoes and his pair only has them on the one?  Not calling them anything but real, just want to know more history on these.  Maybe he swapped out the one with another shoe because he didnt need the support.  None the less, great shoes.

There seems to be alot of confusion about this and I'm not sure why. Both my pair and the pair in the pictures have the support on both. Notice in the game shots I've included pictures of both the right shoe and left shoe:

RIGHT SHOE

LEFT SHOE

[h1]
[/h1]

off_line.gif
nine point five-Got it, thanks for clearing it up!  Pics were not showing when I posted.  It was my mistake, I thought the black strap came from both the outside and inside of the shoe.  In the other pictures it is clear that it is only on the outside.

Great shoes. 

i meant wreds, not breds. I find it interesting how sneaker collectors are willing to pay 5000 for some OG 1s (that were mass produced) and then a game worn signed pair goes at a sports auction for only 800. That shows that the two markets are different and that collectors (sneakerheads) are willing to pay more than sports collectors. If this pair (strapped) were to be sold at a sports auction, the price would be lower imo because of the difference between the two markets

Did he only wear these once or what?

thanks for the info nine point five.

i meant wreds, not breds. I find it interesting how sneaker collectors are willing to pay 5000 for some OG 1s (that were mass produced) and then a game worn signed pair goes at a sports auction for only 800. That shows that the two markets are different and that collectors (sneakerheads) are willing to pay more than sports collectors. If this pair (strapped) were to be sold at a sports auction, the price would be lower imo because of the difference between the two markets

Did he only wear these once or what?

thanks for the info nine point five.
I'd have to thoroughly disagree with you about the difference in value in the two markets. For starters, I've never seen a "mass produced" pair sell for $5000, if you are referring again to OG I's, you're lucky to get $1,500 for a deadstock w/ box pair. With the exception of maybe 5-10 shoes, $5000 is out of the question for any pair that would appeal to a sneaker enthusiast. As for MJ signed rookie sneakers, in my experience I've seen them typically sell for $4-7,000 so there must have been an issue with the pair you are referring to. Lastly, in having these sneakers on the open market on both memorabilia forums and shoe forums, and thus taking offers from both communities, there is a HUGE difference between what the two groups are willing to offer.

Originally Posted by neukicks

Originally Posted by ebpo

Black/Gold 1s? So, what's the consensus on those?
(PS: Dope shoes in those pics btw!)
yes

that looks like part of retired jordans' collection, and if so, his black & golds were deemed fake (i think by tinker himself)...

Perhaps that's because "game worn" "breds" don't exist. He wore many pairs of the white/red/black colorway but black/red or "bred" was banned by the NBA. Mike NEVER wore them in the NBA but for the Slam Dunk contest. The story is recounted in detail in the book "Swoosh: The Unauthorized Story of Nike and the Men Who Played There". Very interesting read for anyone interested btw.. Trust, these will sell for considerably more than $800.
I know it has came up alot, I remember a guy making a post saying he would paypal someone $5 for a pic of MJ wearing Black/Red 1's.

a few years later I stumbled upon a video on youtube talking about the Jordan 1 and how they was banned ect.... and they showed 2 pics of Mike wearing them in a game, I pretty sure he wore them against the 76ers in the pics or possibly the Bullets. They were 100% Black/Red 1's in a game.

I really wish I would have saved the video, maybe someone else can find it again. Only thing  I can think of is Mike wore them in the Pre-season in 85? did the the league regulate what players wore in the Pre-season?

Originally Posted by Zach13g

I know it has came up alot, I remember a guy making a post saying he would paypal someone $5 for a pic of MJ wearing Black/Red 1's.

a few years later I stumbled upon a video on youtube talking about the Jordan 1 and how they was banned ect.... and they showed 2 pics of Mike wearing them in a game, I pretty sure he wore them against the 76ers in the pics or possibly the Bullets. They were 100% Black/Red 1's in a game.

I really wish I would have saved the video, maybe someone else can find it again. Only thing  I can think of is Mike wore them in the Pre-season in 85? did the the league regulate what players wore in the Pre-season?
The preseason thing does sound right Zach. Here's a link to a post I made about it a few years ago actually..

GAME USED UNIVERSE MJ THREAD

as for photomatches, I have $30 PayPal right now for the person who finds the best picture of MJ wearing the "strap 1s" (other than what can be found on getty)

Back
Top Bottom