AJVI Infrared Pack *OFFICIAL THREAD* NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING/SPLITTING!

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

nice to see everyone for the most part had easy cops

Originally Posted by JordanInfared77

Originally Posted by m88tow

It makes sense to get them even if they are not your size on a limited release because you have the possibility of trading with someone else in the same situation.
Idk, i wear my kicks so thats why its doesnt make sense to me..besides I am on the older side on here and one of the few that were able to pickup the OG's in 1991 for $120.00 . I dont but every release...only ones MJ worn and in OG color ways.

I hear you man, I wear mine too. I am just saying if it is the last pack there you buy it and get on the net and try to trade for your size. I too am a little older, my first ever Jordans were 91 Black/Infareds.....that's pretty much why I got this pack. 

Originally Posted by HAGS

Memphis,
Where in the Cleveland area did you end up picking them up at? I didn't even bother taking the trip up to cleveland (I'm in Akron and nowhere around here got em) since I got them online last night.

I'M IN AKRON AS WELL. I COPPED FROM VILLA IN CLEVELAND. WASNT GONNA STRESS CUZ I HAD MY SIZE A COUPLE WEEKS AGO. WENT UP THERE AROUND 3PM AND THEY STILL HAD A COUPLE SIZES LEFT SO I PICKED ANOTHER UP.

Originally Posted by JordanInfared77

It makes sense to get them even if they are not your size on a limited release because you have the possibility of trading with someone else in the same situation.
Idk, i wear my kicks so thats why its doesnt make sense to me..besides I am on the older side on here and one of the few that were able to pickup the OG's in 1991 for $120.00 . I dont but every release...only ones MJ worn and in OG color ways.

I hear you man, I wear mine too. I am just saying if it is the last pack there you buy it and get on the net and try to trade for your size. I too am a little older, my first ever Jordans were 91 Black/Infareds.....that's pretty much why I got this pack. 
I hear you...Thats the same reason I got these this was one of my personal favs. My first J's were the OG release of cement IV in 89" haha

My order on Eastbay is under Open status so I hope they don't cancel it now. I'm glad most people were able to get their pair without much drama. I think we have to give JB credit for releasing the varsity reds for the general public which deflected alot of hype on these infrareds and gave us a good chance to cop. Imagine the hype if there were only infrareds with the limited packs produced...oh and the white infrareds made this pack so worth copping.

Did anyone notice that the white pair has a slightly darker clear bottom? Like it's kinda pre-yellowed much like the Oreo's/Carmine's. If you compare them with the black pair, or even the White/V-red, they are darker.

Dave
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Mike shhhhh
laugh.gif

nice to see everyone getting theirs. Dave, Supa, Mike, Jed,Will, Rico and everyone else.

thanks to the people who helped me out. Definitely owe you guys big time
pimp.gif

On another note, whats the quantity of these compared to the original DMP (VI/XI)? Seems like a lot of spots only received 18-24 pairs (so they say). Cant wait to have these in hand, but debating if I should keep two packs..might go the cheap way out and buy Vreds, rock those and keep the pack on ice
pimp.gif

stayed up all night. aint nobody try me in the lot or line bc they know i would hanlde them.

Originally Posted by EMendoza93

Originally Posted by JIMBO95

Yo beast!I should have said what up I had the AM 90 infareds on
I didn't even get my size I got a 11.5 oh well.

Was this to me? If so were you waiting in front of the entrance by Sears and Dillards?
Where were you?me n my boy went to gwinnett mall

Originally Posted by EMendoza93

Yo beast!I should have said what up I had the AM 90 infareds on
I didn't even get my size I got a 11.5 oh well.

Was this to me? If so were you waiting in front of the entrance by Sears and Dillards?
Where were you?me n my boy went to gwinnett mall
Town East Mall...

^^
Ahh I see.
Who else was at Gwinnett Mall FNL??
laugh.gif
at those cutters..back to end of the line BEACH!

quick question about sales tax when ordering online.

if you're not in the same state the store's in, are they supposed to charge you tax?

i know nike does because they have a outlet store or two in my state, but i've had plenty others not charge me tax.

are state laws different about this? this place is that pufferreds place in michigan i'm talking about...

gee sounds like it wasn't too bad to grab locally in certain areas. wondering if I shoulda have did that instead of grabbing them online...oh well..

Congrats to everyone who got their pairs

I just couldn't do it. Especially since I only wanted the white pair. Then with how rare they are, I wouldn't even want to wear them. Almost got caught up in they hype and got them anyway and I had to talk myself out of it.

Rather get something I'll wear and ID a pair of Kobe's in honor of number sixteen.

I was 11 years old when these first came out back in 1991. The Air Jordan V's were amazing (and still my favorite) and the VI's are great as well. As much as I wanted the V's and Vi's back in the early 90's my mom would not budge. She said they are too expensive and your feet will grow out of them. I was fortunate to get her to buy me some SC High Air Trainers (Orange and Gray) a.k.a. the Bo's back in the day, so much love to mom, but I also wanted these as well. Since I became an adult and could begin to afford J's like many others I buy for the nostalgia. It may sound silly, but for a moment I can remember what it was like being a kid. I am very close to having all the J's I need and a release like this is great for guys like me who can remember what it was like back in the day to want a pair of Air Jordans, especially when the man himself was changing the game of basketball. I have waited almost 20 years to own a pair. In regards to the rarity, what is not limited these days? There are limited edition cars, comic books, video games, etc. In a few months it will be the Cool Gray XI's and next year it will be the Cement III's and it will go on forever, but you have to do what you have to do. Its all good.

In regards to the Black/White-Varsity Reds it is possible that JB released these for at least 3 reasons: to make some money, perhaps for people like me who will not dare wear the Infrareds (probably because I am crazy and do not want to get them dirty), to have a pair that I can wear to the play ball in, go to the mall or class if I chose to purchase them and not have to worry about wearing them down and lastly for people who just cannot get their hands on the Infrareds. They are a pretty nice shoe even though the red is a different shade. I probably will not buy the Varsity Reds, but if they go on sale I just might. Also, for all the kids out there who want a pair of Jordan's and do not understand the craziness of this release a Black/Varsity Red pair should be a great addition to the collection or to just wear to school since they were not around in 1991 to fully comprehend their importance.

Overall, I think JB should have done a Jumpman 23 membership release for these, two per customer maximum like they did a few years back with the Black/Carolina Blue XII's with the hat and hoodie. JB would have made a ton of money (which is what this is all about) and everyone dying to get their hands on these would have. The fact is, if you did not get your hands on one its not the end of the world and they will release again one day. I have missed out on a lot of limited releases and its all good because JB will release them again. I know I rambled, but like I said, its all good.

These where probably the easiest Cop i have ever grabbed. There are still pairs sitting 8-10 at my champs and FNL. Bizarre thought i was late and was gonna be screwed this morning when i got their only a hour early only to find no one was waiting for them. LOL Got in champs early cause my connect and snagged up 2 packs.

Outside of the usual FL, Champs and Nike stores. Nike ES has them and at Champs Emp Disc (30%) were allowed.

Back
Top Bottom