AJVI Infrared Pack *OFFICIAL THREAD* NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING/SPLITTING!

^^ LOL homie writing at least 2 paragraphs eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeevery -time. SMH

Originally Posted by xX LeGod Xx

Most of you are just blinded by the history behind these shoes and hype too.

isn' it why we buy retros in da first place? to have exactly what mike was rocking 19 years ago?
laugh.gif
grin.gif

i got my pack, i love em...wish da blacks were durabuck, and thats basically it...people who got varsity reds are salty that these are getting so

much more attention "over a shade of red", meanwhile ya should just be happy wit da retro + pairs ya copped and leave people who copped da

pack alone.

Originally Posted by hotbutter

^^ LOL homie writing at least 2 paragraphs eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeevery -time. SMH
calm down fong

in my opinion, v reds are better than these. in terms of PRICE

quality wise, theyre the same crap

forget the damn shade of red.

if i really wanted these, i coulda bought the blk/v red pair for 50% off at footlocker, making them $75. and the white/ v red pair for around 110 with the 30% off at footlocker, but i heard theres a 50% off sale coming next week at Footlocker, so, i woulda paid around 170 with tax included for both v red pairs.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

just my opinion, how i woulda done it

and if i was still concerned about the shade of red, i woulda bought that $5 marker from Michael's that they made a thread for in this forum and the shades of red woulda been damn near the same

again, these are just my thoughts.

i dont buy into that crap by JB these days
eyes.gif

My question is how many unsold packs are people sitting on

here is a great resell rule i used to follow

only buy your own size or half size up or down

so if you get stuck at least you can wear the shoes if you cant sell them

Originally Posted by 160jordansdeep

My question is how many unsold packs are people sitting on

here is a great resell rule i used to follow

only buy your own size or half size up or down

so if you get stuck at least you can wear the shoes if you cant sell them
None for me bought 4 total 2 to sell and sold them on Ebay

Originally Posted by ninjahood

isn' it why we buy retros in da first place? to have exactly what mike was rocking 19 years ago?
laugh.gif
grin.gif

i got my pack, i love em...wish da blacks were durabuck, and thats basically it...people who got varsity reds are salty that these are getting so

much more attention "over a shade of red", meanwhile ya should just be happy wit da retro + pairs ya copped and leave people who copped da

pack alone.

agree. 10-15 years from now, the new generation will wish they got the chance to get this pack while i stll have ms DS pair in my closet. lol    
happy.gif

Originally Posted by malibusfinest310

Originally Posted by hotbutter

calm down fong

in my opinion, v reds are better than these. in terms of PRICE

quality wise, theyre the same crap

forget the damn shade of red.

if i really wanted these, i coulda bought the blk/v red pair for 50% off at footlocker, making them $75. and the white/ v red pair for around 110 with the 30% off at footlocker, but i heard theres a 50% off sale coming next week at Footlocker, so, i woulda paid around 170 with tax included for both v red pairs.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

just my opinion, how i woulda done it

and if i was still concerned about the shade of red, i woulda bought that $5 marker from Michael's that they made a thread for in this forum and the shades of red woulda been damn near the same

again, these are just my thoughts.

i dont buy into that crap by JB these days
eyes.gif
evryone stated v-reds both black AND white are similar..but not the same...evryone also knos that this release in terms of quality was on point...wat crap v reds u talkin bout?
even if u did get the v-reds n color em u still aint got the infrareds. i c it as a altered v-red look-alike infrared...but not infrared...

anyway imo severely altered shoes to try to make a shoe look like sumthng u missed out on is border line fake. u basically got the next best thng n altered it to look like wat u missed

now i can see if u experimenting with sumthn JB didnt put on the shoe like 3M or a completely new CW like the night vision 6's...but its like gettin cements and colorin em true blue...tho difficult its possible... its dumb. the shade of red makes these wat they are hence the name "infrared pack"

Originally Posted by thebeast23

evryone stated v-reds both black AND white are similar..but not the same...evryone also knos that this release in terms of quality was on point...wat crap v reds u talkin bout?
even if u did get the v-reds n color em u still aint got the infrareds. i c it as a altered v-red look-alike infrared...but not infrared...

anyway imo severely altered shoes to try to make a shoe look like sumthng u missed out on is border line fake. u basically got the next best thng n altered it to look like wat u missed

now i can see if u experimenting with sumthn JB didnt put on the shoe like 3M or a completely new CW like the night vision 6's...but its like gettin cements and colorin em true blue...tho difficult its possible... its dumb. the shade of red makes these wat they are hence the name "infrared pack"
no lie, i had a hard time understanding this

i understood the coloring the red part, but i wouldnt do it. id be happy with v reds.

honestly copping Vreds would have been settling for me. i don't like settling when it comes to my sneaker game.

The Infrareds was what i wanted and that's what i got.

I agree with ninjahood for the most part.

Infrared > True Red > Varsity Red > Fire Red

Originally Posted by mikecabrera

Originally Posted by Redrum

I'm satisfied with this pack, both shoes look dope and I actually like the black joints more then the white's (but Durabuck on the blacks would of made this pack Golden imo)
It'd be scary to think what the demand would've been if the black/infrared was made with Durabuck. 
eek.gif

I'm sure JB will save these for a big release at some point in the future.  The 20th or 25th ann. of the 1st champ, maybe?

Originally Posted by ninjahood

laugh.gif
grin.gif

pack alone.
Actually I didn't buy the VR nor the pack.
And if I'm salty, it's not towards anyone who bought the pack.
It's at JB for making this good business move of releasing essentially the same shoes in a 6-month span to increase profits with the same bad materials.

Latest day-by-day update on late order placed on FNL after noticing sizes 8.5 and 11 still in my cart on 6/25/10:
  • Friday 6/25/10 - Successful Check Out, Order Placed; Confirmation Number Emailed
  • Saturday 6/26/10 - Status: Processing
  • Sunday 6/27/10 - Status: Processing
  • Monday 6/28/10 - Status: Processing
  • Tuesday 6/29/10 - Status: Processing
  • Wednesday 6/30/10 - Shipment Confirmation email received with actual UPS tracking number. (Website status still says 'Processing')
  • Thursday 7/1/10 - Status: Partially Shipped (UPS tracking number received for size 8.5 pair. Shipping from Austin, TX; Size 11 pair's status: Processing)
  • Friday 7/2/10 - Status: Partially Shipped (Size 8.5 shipped; Size 11 still processing)
  • (HOLIDAY WEEKEND)
  • Monday 7/5/10 - Status: Partially Shipped (Size 8.5 shipped; Size 11 still processing)

Originally Posted by Juice2352

For those who purchased at retail, approx what was your total w/ taxes?
I purchased mine online, but California sales tax is 9.75% so anyone purchasing them at retail where I live would've paid $340.21 total ($309.99 retail + $30.22 tax)

I decided to break it down to see what resellers were making on the pack.  This is factored with Buy-It-Now fees and considering the ending price of $400.  (We all know they do not end at $400 anymore.  They are ending at an average from $345 to approximately $375 as of 7/5/10)  This does not also factor in the costs of shipping (possibly buying a box to ship these) and costs of gas to post office/UPS etc.

I included two ending scenerios if a buyer were to receive $400 or $375 ending auction prices.  The results are as follows. 

CONCLUSION:  Basically, anyone who resold these at $400 didn't even make a $10 profit after putting all the work into this.  Anyone who sold it at $375 incurred a loss of almost $13.  All resellers who are sellling for less than $375 are taking more worse losses.  Congrats to those individuals!  They got OWNED by their own greed.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

epic!!! ^^^^ Im all for the guy that gets his size and maybe one more to flip for a rainy day... but the thing
that really irks me (and everyone else im sure) are the people that go and buy out whole stock... To all you
who are sitting on 5 or more packs I hope it ends up working out for you guys but as of right now all I can say is OUCH :/

bad materials.

that's what i don't get. how are these bad materials?

we got 2 threads now, "how are your v-red black vi's holding up?", withdozens and dozens of posts claiming that since they dropped in january,there's been no problems with the nubuck used on the blacks. they cleanoff easy, no fading, still look black, don't turn grey like durabuck, don't have wrinkles like durabuck, haven't been creasing, manyclaim they still look DS after 30+ wears...

the whites in the infrared pack clearly have a thicker, better leatherthan the v-red version, and many have said they seem like they won'tcrease as easily. but time will tell.

i'm just sayin', this whole "bad materials" argument just isn't holding up right now...

sure, you might prefer durabuck, but doesn't mean that this nubuck is "bad material"... as many have said now, nubuck is actually a better material than durabuck.

Back
Top Bottom