AKIRA X NOLAN

Get ready for plot holes galore. Dark colored scenes with dialogue for sophomore english majors

Edge of Tomorrow wasn't bad, but it was just a mange/light novel.
i don't know how closely the movie followed the manga but the movie was fantastic. did not know it was manga. i'll look for a dl so i can read it.

Last edited:
There will sooooo much whitewashing tho but would check it out

Well yeah, white people aren't going to the theaters to watch a movie with all Japanese people. Same reason the attack on titan movie was changed to a Japanese cast.

I only watched Akira once and don't remember liking it much. I need to watch it again.

Last edited:
There will sooooo much whitewashing tho but would check it out

Well yeah, white people aren't going to the theaters to watch a movie with all Japanese people. Same reason the attack on titan movie was changed to a Japanese cast.

I only watched Akira once and don't remember liking it much. I need to watch it again.

So AoT is an American movie? I thought they were just importing it.

Nah, aot was a Japanese produced movie. Some of my friends watched it already, they seemed to like it.

I was about to say, if this was a an American production and they did swap out for a Japanese cast, I was going to make sure they make money off this movie.

I was gonna buy tickets to show and not go. :lol:

I was thinking of another Akira 
laugh.gif

1st 15 min of nolan akira >> next 3 star wars

The only way this film can be pulled off is if nolan directs it.
Still blows my mind this came out in 1982

Wow.

In your opinion which was better Avengers AOU or Dark Knight Rises?

Ha! Its gonna be a trilogy..

Christopher Nolan (director of The Dark Knight, Inception) has reportedly jumped on board for a remake of the 1988 Japanese cult sci-fi anime Akira with Warner Bros. According to Screen Crush, the reboot will spread the futuristic Neo Tokyo-set Katsuhiro Otomo story throughout a live-action trilogy that’s sure to embrace the original manga’s cyberpunk themes and government conspiracies. Akira fans have been both excited and skeptical of an American remake since Warner Bros. acquired the rights to the film back in 2002. The project is still shrouded in mystery however, with the director still unknown, leaving some to speculate Nolan will be taking that role as well. Nolan is also working on a secret film that’s slated to hit theaters July 21, 2017, which very well could be the first Akira film. Stay tuned as we await more information surrounding this exciting release.

Edge of Tomorrow wasn't bad, but it was just a mange/light novel.
i don't know how closely the movie followed the manga but the movie was fantastic. did not know it was manga. i'll look for a dl so i can read it.
It was fairly close up until the ending. The Emily blunt character turns on Tom cruise and I he kills her in the manga. So there isn't a happy ending

Anyway I think while akira isn't bad, it's massively overrated. There are far more deserving anime/ manga out there that need to be adapted.

Also the manga is different than the movie. The manga is a lot longer and has a lot of different themes

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom