Al Sharpton was an FBI snitch and ratted on NYC Mafia families?

Somebody paid good money to put Sharpton in the crosshairs like this. At this point, though, he's too high profile, too past his political prime and too skinny to get touched over something like this. I'm sure he'll be getting a death threat or two. Hope for his sake it's not anything more.

This ain't The Godfather days. The mafia is virtually non-existent
It's not as prevalent as it was years ago, but to say it's virtually non-existent
roll.gif

What are you basing this on, just talking out your buns?

Last edited:
It's not as prevalent as it was years ago, but to say it's virtually non-existent :rofl:

What are you basing it on? What have you seen over the past ten years that has shown they have any power or influence?

It's virtually non-existent, because everyone has either snitched, died or gone to jail. The smart ones got out or went legit, because of where that life leads.

You have real snitches out here writing books and appearing on TV talking about how they snitched, and people think they're going after Al :lol:

Sure they're still members trying to live according to their glory days, but they have no real power other than in some labor unions in New York.

What's left are the left overs. That's why they're still bookmaking and loansharking.

This ain't The Godfather days. The mafia is virtually non-existent

Al has nothing to worry about.

And if you're telling on the mafia, and you aren't in the mafia, how is it snitching?

wat

Last edited:
Far from non-existent. They still have clout in the labor unions and construction industries just to name a few of their endeavors.

Somebody paid good money to put Sharpton in the crosshairs like this. At this point, though, he's too high profile, too past his political prime and too skinny to get touched over something like this. I'm sure he'll be getting a death threat or two. Hope for his sake it's not anything more.

I yelled.

The report comes as Sharpton is set to stage a three-day convention beginning Wednesday that will include appearances by Mayor de Blasio and President Obama.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york...nt-80s-report-article-1.1748744#ixzz2yJnTyMVa

What are you basing it on? What have you seen over the past ten years that has shown they have any power or influence?

It's virtually non-existent, because everyone has either snitched, died or gone to jail. The smart ones got out or went legit, because of where that life leads.
Let's just say I've seen it firsthand. I spend plenty of time on Federal Hill to know what's good.

What are you basing it on?

http://wpri.com/2014/02/05/feb14-target-12-several-mobsters-set-to-be-released-from-prison-in-2014/

Patriarca and Bulger associates being released this year.

Non-existent though
laugh.gif

It's not as prevalent as it was years ago, but to say it's virtually non-existent
roll.gif

If you polled all NYers, a good percent would probably say the same.  Hard to gauge what you do not see and the Mafia has laid very low and pretty much vanished from media and popular social discussion.  So, while they obviously aren't non-existent, it's incorrect but not such an absurd idea to think they're almost extinct. 

Last edited:

If you polled all NYers, a good percent would probably say the same.  Hard to gauge what you do not see and the Mafia has laid very low and pretty much vanished from media and popular social discussion.   So, while they obviously aren't non-existent, it's incorrect but not such an absurd idea to think they're almost extinct. 
Ding ding ding.

People watch too much TV.

If you polled all NYers, a good percent would probably say the same.  Hard to gauge what you do not see and the Mafia has laid very low and pretty much vanished from media and popular social discussion.  So, while they obviously aren't non-existent, it's incorrect but not such an absurd idea to think they're almost extinct. 

Ding ding ding.

People watch too much TV.

they snitched each other out of existence playa.

Same way the yakuza are a shell of their former selves..

mafia exists, but are in no way weilding even half as much power as they in the latter half of the 20th century

Same way the yakuza are a shell of their former selves..

mafia exists, but are in no way weilding even half as much power as they in the latter half of the 20th century
What's your source of information that gives you this conclusion good sir?

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Last edited:
Negative. The Five Families in New York aren't as prevalent and overall the American Mafia isn't as powerful, but to say they're virtually non-existent is just silly.

As someone very familiar with Providence and Boston, I can tell you it's far from "virtually non-existent"

there's levels to "snitching" 

if you do dirt and then tell on the people you did dirt with --- you're snitch and a rat 

if you see a kid being molested and you tell on the perp --- you're a decent human being 

some of y'all really need to stop letting rappers raise you. 

there's levels to "snitching" 

if you do dirt and then tell on the people you did dirt with --- you're snitch and a rat 

if you see a kid being molested and you tell on the perp --- you're a decent human being 

some of y'all really need to stop letting rappers raise you. 
This

Another attack campaign on Al Sharpton, SMH.  They are working real hard in the month of April, just like I expected. 

Of course the mafia still around and their still running rackets to generate money especially in the construction field and bidding for government jobs with so-called legit runned business's,I know this for a fact.
But as far as ducking,dodging and running from Paulie 'pinky toe' Jobroski because he's trying to shake you down for his cut of your business,no that probably won't happen in this day and age cause the court case and time isn't worth it.But Paulie and half of the males in his family are now a cop and their shaking down criminals for the betterment of society.
I will say that the mafia in the traditional sense is no more and a lot of that has to do with the disconnect between American born Italians and Italy born Italians too different get downs.We do things to eat not to be thugs fighting over something that isn't ours,

If Al told on the mafia so he did a good thing because that mafia money never had a trickling affect when it came to others and if you aren't feeding the people you're against them.

Back
Top Bottom