Alex Smith is a BUST

biggest bust in niners history
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
it looks like he's just learning how to play QB.
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

the good news is that the niners have the colts 1st round pick so they can draft a QB in the late first round.

Who is he going to throw it to? Arnez Battle? Vernon Davis? not many weapons on the San Francisco offensive side.

not to mention, the O-Line is pure trash and as a result, they have an infantile ****** running game

Alex Smith is better than he played tonight, just look at last season when they had a better supporting core.

Who is he going to throw it to? Arnez Battle? Vernon Davis? not many weapons on the San Francisco offensive side.

not to mention, the O-Line is pure trash and as a result, they have an infantile ****** running game

Alex Smith is better than he played tonight, just look at last season when they had a better supporting core.
All of this is true... but he is still a bust. he consistently over throws five yard pass plays, throws behind receivers, throws ducks, etc. I donot base my opinion on anything to do when hes pressured, even though i should. Because when he has the time to throw, hes just as bad. thats how i know hejust will never be able to get it done.

bust how can you call him a bust when the team has jr high school kids playin o-line?

First it was the offensive coordinator. Next was the O-line. Then it was Mike Nolan. Now Alex Smith. No matter who is to blame, this 49ers team is awful withthe exception of Patrick Willis and Andy Lee (maybe Nate Clements). There's so many things wrong with this team and the killer in all of this is theycan't look forward to a top pick in the draft. This year may be the worst season ever in the 49ers history.

Just stop. There are way too many factors that have made him the way he is. He is a good QB. 3 different coordinators. 3 new offenses. 1 rookie coordinator.Horrible offensive line. Receivers who can't catch. Just came back from a seperates shoulder on his throwing arm. Still the youngest starting QB in theleague.

This is terrible not only do the niners suck, the patriots get their 1st pick

Originally Posted by NikeTalker23

Just stop. There are way too many factors that have made him the way he is. He is a good QB. 3 different coordinators. 3 new offenses. 1 rookie coordinator. Horrible offensive line. Receivers who can't catch. Just came back from a seperates shoulder on his throwing arm. Still the youngest starting QB in the league.

hes not a rookie anymore and vernon davis is a beast and so is frank gore. alex smith just sucks

He was good enough last year for us to believe he was gonna break out...there are a variety of reasons. Our o-line is crap, even our big names on the o-lineare just bums. Our WR core needs a big upgrade, Butterfinger Jackson is NOT better than Antonio Bryant...Vernon just hasn't been thrown to as much..

Originally Posted by Fundamental21Ticket

First it was the offensive coordinator. Next was the O-line. Then it was Mike Nolan. Now Alex Smith. No matter who is to blame, this 49ers team is awful with the exception of Patrick Willis and Andy Lee (maybe Nate Clements). There's so many things wrong with this team and the killer in all of this is they can't look forward to a top pick in the draft. This year may be the worst season ever in the 49ers history.

That's the most frustrating part of it all, there's literally no positives. The way this organization works, I know they're gonna stay withSmith and just say he needs more time. I don't see this team being good for another 3-5 years.
frown.gif
This is depressing.

yea..even if Smith is a bust, I DONT want to have to develop yet another QB for 2-3 years. if we're gonna draft someone, he better be ready to go rightaway cuz us 9er fans have no more patience.

Originally Posted by butilove

Just stop. There are way too many factors that have made him the way he is. He is a good QB. 3 different coordinators. 3 new offenses. 1 rookie coordinator. Horrible offensive line. Receivers who can't catch. Just came back from a seperates shoulder on his throwing arm. Still the youngest starting QB in the league.

hes not a rookie anymore and vernon davis is a beast and so is frank gore. alex smith just sucks

So wheres VD been this year? He's dropped plenty of passes this year. Wheres Frank been? Oh yeah the O-Line can't block.

Just stop making excuses. Frank Gore can't do much because the defense loads the box because they know we don't have a real QB who can hitreceivers. Why do you think the bust is a good QB anyways?

Since Manny Lawson went down with his season ending injury, it seems like the Niners life was sucked right out of them. Alex Smith is a good QB. His supportingcast isn't good. He has Frank Gore and Vernon Davis BUT everything else plays into those players making plays. The offensive line is in bad shape...JonasJennings from what some reports say bad mouthed the team and his career in SF is done. Executing play after play is something that the Niners aren't goodat. I don't understand why they kept throwing to Battle on 3rd down when he dropped a couple of 3rd down throws...If throw was bad so what, the receiverHAS to make the catch and the throws to Battle were catchable. It is sad to watch...But a great franchise has to go through it every once in a while. Sad forMike Nolan...He really seemed out of it.

Derek Anderson will be a free agent after this season and they have Brady Quinn waiting at the helm. The Browns are in a similar position as the Chargers wherethey had Drew Brees but Philip Rivers was waiting to be the future QB. Maybe the Niners should make a run at Anderson at the end of the season.

Alex Smith doesn't have the star QB makeup.

He doesn't make plays that merit him being taking with the No. 1 overall pick in the NFL Draft.

He's a decent QB when given the proper time and receiving corp and I'm sorry that just doesn't cut it for 49er fans. He's what Mike DunleavyJR. was to the Warriors. A waste of time.

I know he looks bad, but this was only his 32nd game. Throw in the fact that Smith has no time to throw and his receivers cant catch the catch the few passeshe does make
sick.gif

more like the whole o-line except larry allen is a %%%!%%% bust and Alex smith too, as a result Frank Gore+Vernon Davis+everyone else on O=pure *@%%+%* trash,
if you don't beleive this, than look at the patriots and colts, they have a phenomenal o-line thats why they can run the ball when they need to, theirquartebacks and their offensive line's protection
are the reason why they have a good passing game,
look at brady last year, he had no recievers

Hell even Rex Grossman made it through the season and playoffs, maybe if Alex Smith had a better O-line??

Because he's not as bad as people are saying.

Back
Top Bottom