ALIEN-verse : Covenant (May 19, 2017) - Universe to Expand 2019

This movie was legit. I enjoyed it more than Guardians of the Galaxy 2

Completely different movies.. with completely different goals

This and Prometheus could have continued on from the original alien or jaws, legit serious movies on the subject matters

Aliens is more terminator 1 and 2

GOTG 1 and 2 are more ghostbusters

Alien-verse is made for fincher

Could also see Nolan and wan

Wan is perfect for anything Alien.

The Conjuring films are basically reason why.

I think the combo of those horror movies and his FF movies would make him the perfect guy if they wanted to with with a aliens feel

Fincher would be my number 1 pick though, cause I want jaws or any number of fincher movies

Hell zodiac, girl with the dragon tattoo and gone girl could easily frame the stories for a good alien movie

Last edited:
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
For those that forgot Noomis sexy *** body in Prometheus.
2c8c347f4ee72e7d09c4906d21c2819d.jpg

Need to bring her back man :frown:

Movie really should have been a kinda rip off of interstellar..

After they attack the engineers.. maybe oxygen in ship is going run out or something, so only option noomi got is to go in cryosleep and send out a distress beacon

She doesn't give dude back a body, the rescue ship/new crew do that.. noomi takes a while in the sick bay or whatever since things started failing in the ship screwing with her pod

So David has time with a body AND the crew before noomi gets up and can warn them

Could even throw in the obligatory scene of her freaking out when she wakes up to Walter taking care of her.. at which point David gets wind of her being awake and outright kills the single crew member he's with

Last edited:
Movie really should have been a kinda rip off of interstellar..

After they attack the engineers.. maybe oxygen in ship is going run out or something, so only option noomi got is to go in cryosleep and send out a distress beacon

She doesn't give dude back a body, the rescue ship/new crew do that.. noomi takes a while in the sick bay or whatever since things started failing in the ship screwing with her pod

So David has time with a body AND the crew before noomi gets up and can warn them
So just the original Alien movie all over?

^ not exactly.. but that has pieces from couple alien movies

But it makes sense.. given what noomi went through with david in Prometheus

I liked covenant better than Prometheus..

But it has a lot of the same issues.. some of the things that happen make even less sense than some of the stuff in Prometheus

Great movies are easily there to be made with both.. and I have no clue why, considering what Scott did with the Martian, we're getting some of the crap in these 2 movies

I would recommend checking it out, but you gotta know there are some serious serious serious annoying flaws about the movie

And fassgawd is great.. damn shame really

Can't excuse anything with noomi helping David get a body.. can't excuse the captain not unloading the clip on David after what he saw, everything after just made the joke exponentially worse.. and new cap never looked for the nail scar

Incredibly smart people doing dumb shhhh

They could have very simply had noomi die from lack of care to her wound from previous movie.. have some sort of internal bleeding or infection happen from everything that happened after the c section

David watches the effects of the black goo.. when new ship comes and restores him to a body.. then dude starts testing out his theories on the crew and remaining folk

So many ways they could have gotten from point A (covenant crew answering distress call and getting to that planet) to point B (David on the ship with the bodies in cryosleep)

WITH the movie making sense and smart people not doing dumb shhhh after stuff starts hitting the fan

From a Redditor:

Cliffs: David didn't invent the xenomorphs, he only modified prexisting eggs to make the ones we saw in covenant.
Makes sense considering he and Walter were talking about how they can't create but they can only modify and improve

They also just dropped the art and concepts book and some behind the scenes footage that people are saying:
A. Confirms that was the engineer homeland and those were engineers

And scenes that were cut are
B. That the neomorph and protomorph fight and the proto easily slaughters it before chasing Daniels.
C. David attempts to communicate with the protomorph and it tries to respond
D. There's a scene where Walter first runs tests on the planet before telling the crew that the atmosphere is safe and he can't find any obvious predators.

Last edited:
Movie was :pimp:

The different species did confuse me slightly though.

Those Albino chest burster looking jawns that came straight from inhaling those spores seemed like it was skipping a step or two. They were savage though :smh:

Saw it last night. Was ok. Not what I wanted.

The reason I liked Prometheus so much was that it had introduced a lot of interesting questions and I was excited about the possibilities. That was thrown out of the window with this movie. It's just a less scary Alien clone. I wanted science fiction not that again.

Also the crew were just complete idiots. And I kept thinking how is David doing molecular bioengineering in that cave. It's not like he had a lab to experiment.

The. Haracters weren't really developed well and felt wasted. They got killed off so fast it was like, what's their name again. Also they got fairly good actors just to do nothing. Bichir, Crudup are great at what they do. Give them something.

Also I have zero idea why they trusted rogue David at all. Clearly dude was lying from the start

And why make the androids have super strength. What was Weyland thinking. That's a terrible idea

Last edited:
Completely different movies.. with completely different goals

This and Prometheus could have continued on from the original alien or jaws, legit serious movies on the subject matters

Aliens is more terminator 1 and 2

GOTG 1 and 2 are more ghostbusters

Who said anything about those movies being similar.

I'm just saying of the hyped movies released this year I enjoyed this one more than the other.

Saw it last night. Was ok. Not what I wanted.

The reason I liked Prometheus so much was that it had introduced a lot of interesting questions and I was excited about the possibilities. That was thrown out of the window with this movie. It's just a less scary Alien clone. I wanted science fiction not that again.

Also the crew were just complete idiots. And I kept thinking how is David doing molecular bioengineering in that cave. It's not like he had a lab to experiment.

The. Haracters weren't really developed well and felt wasted. They got killed off so fast it was like, what's their name again. Also they got fairly good actors just to do nothing. Bichir, Crudup are great at what they do. Give them something.

Also I have zero idea why they trusted rogue David at all. Clearly dude was lying from the start

And why make the androids have super strength. What was Weyland thinking. That's a terrible idea

I've been thinking about this and the only conclusion I can come to is that while the cave is his home and where he keeps a lot of his researched/finished products (Alien eggs at the bottom) it's not necessarily where he conducted all of his experiments. After all, if that entire planet is where the Engineers are from then there must be a ton of labs around, because they'd have to have such things in order to originally create the ships and other advanced technologies they used to get off the planet originally. David's been there for years, doesn't eat, and doesn't sleep. He'd have had the time necessary to search a large chunk of the planet and find different settlements, whereas the crew of the Covenant was only there for a day or so.

Androids having super strength makes perfect sense to me when you're sending them off on missions with humans, where dangerous objects/organisms might be discovered. They're their, ideally, to protect the humans at the end of the day. The stronger they are, the better they can do that. Same applies to making them intelligent and even faster than humans. However, it all goes to **** when rogue A.I. and other malfunctions occur.

Never realised there were 2 more movies planned.

Alien awakening next apparently :pimp:

**Spoiler**

Been watching some videos explaining some of the more confusing elements about the prequel movies.

The Protomorph alien at the end of covenant that they launch out of the airlock apparently isn't the finished product.

While it looks a lot like the aliens from the original series it's missing the bio mechanical elements and is generally more organic looking.

View media item 2447863
View media item 2447864
The speculation is that David will some how splice his own android composition into the mix to create the full xenomorph we see in Alien, Aliens etc

:nerd:

that's why u get them to commit with another script before your film is actually released.

Last edited:
Finally saw it and I enjoyed it. Not perfect but I was entertained and enjoyed David as the focus. He's a great villain. He really has no damns to give outside of being a god.

Back
Top Bottom