ALIEN-verse : Covenant (May 19, 2017) - Universe to Expand 2019

I wonder if Franco and Danny McBride are gonna have an argument about fapping on the ship.

Weird seeing franco as captain.

Beginning looks like prometheus. They land and search stuff in the engineer ship.

I just wanted a continuation of Shaw's story and what she found when she landed. But nope.:stoneface:

She's in the movie, this been stated dozens of times :lol:

That's the ship her and the original David used.

That's not what he said he wanted though :lol: This is clearly set pretty long after she arrived and isn't her story at all.

what im trying to figure out

the early synopsis said this was a (i think) rescue vessel or search party, with Vickars husband on board, out to search for Shaw and co.

how did that turn into a couples vessel set out to colonize a new planet?

what im trying to figure out

the early synopsis said this was a (i think) rescue vessel or search party, with Vickars husband on board, out to search for Shaw and co.

how did that turn into a couples vessel set out to colonize a new planet?

I believe the plot changed around the time they switched to the "alien: covenant" title.

Covenant deviates on its path due to Shaw's distress signal

Last edited:
So is this a sequel to Prometheus they need to explain some things, I saw the trailer yesterday while I was watching Logan.

Last edited:
Alien: Covenant is a Direct Follow-Up to Prometheus

Does the crew of the Covenant colony ship know anything about the mission witnessed in Prometheus? Cast member Demián Bichir says no, but he also says that the new cast will discover what is left of that doomed crew:

No, we’re not supposed to know. That happened at a different time, so we’re not supposed to know. We will find out about many things that didn’t go right. There will be a couple of surprises.

And producer Mark Huffam noted that Alien: Covenant will follow in the footsteps of Prometheus and deliberately leave questions unanswered…so they could be explored in another sequel:

That’s always Ridley’s thing: leave a question open, so you get them back next time. At the end of Prometheus, there were questions people wanted answered there and they are going to get some of those answers in this movie and we’ll leave a few different questions for the next one.

The upbeat positioning of this movie as a Prometheus sequel continues with cast member Katherine Waterston, who says that everyone focused on what worked about past movies instead of focusing on what didn’t work:

We don’t look at it and be like ‘What should we ******* avoid?’ We think ‘What did we love about this…? How do we bring that to [Alien: Covenant] and not just copy it? I think all of the actors talked about that and, you know, we’re nerds.

Ridley Scott says next Alien movie already written, could shoot in 2018

Last week, we ran our set visit for 20th Century Fox‘s upcoming Alien: Covenant, but The Sydney Morning Herald also ran theirs (from a different shoot day) where filmmaker and franchise founder Ridley Scott stated that the next Alien movie is already written and that they are planning for a 2018 shoot.

“You’ve got to assume to a certain extent success and from that you’d better be ready,” Scott said. “You don’t want a two-year gap. So I’ll be ready to go again next year.”

RELATED: Our Visit to the Alien: Covenant Set is Bursting with Excitement

If there was any doubt that 79-year-old Scott is game to keep expanding this universe — the prequel saga is planned as a four-film cycle starting with Prometheus — he added, “If you really want a franchise, I can keep cranking it for another six. I’m not going to close it down again. No way.”

I love the fake viral marketing campaigns, word to Cloverfield and Dark night. I remember Prometheus made that bomb *** TED talk movie with Weyland that had me so HYPE for that movie.

That's the only thing I like about that show Better Call Saul. All the interactive online stuff for the fans like fake telephone numbers that direct you to Los Pollos Hermanos restaurants and ****

0pca6gimeseb.jpg

Dope *** poster. I think they need to show more Aliens on this planet.

Do the Aliens ever go out during the day?

SPOILERS: ALIEN: COVENANT CinemaCon Footage Reveals Shocking Connection To PROMETHEUS

In the scene shown, it's greeted by hundreds of the Engineers and they watch on as David - who once again has a body - emerges from the ship and watches them all die before him as, "the ship unspools black bombs that cover the entire civilization in a black ooze that ends their bodies." That's presumably what leads to an infestation of Xenomorphs and a voiceover seemingly confirms that David will be portrayed as the lead villain when he looks to use those monsters to destroy humanity.

"The gods have rejected mankind as cruel, weak and full of greed. They are a dying species, grasping for resurrection. So they are leaving the Earth forever. But their power is an illusion. They don’t deserve to start again, and I’m not going to let them."

Alien Day arrives on Earth on April 26

Alien Day returns on April 26, a nod to planet LV-426 from the iconic Alien films, as the countdown continues for the highly-anticipated new chapter in Ridley Scott’s groundbreaking Alien sci-fi thriller, Alien: Covenant, releasing in theaters worldwide beginning May 10. Cast members from Alien: Covenant will join fan-focused festivities including a live streaming event, an interactive trivia challenge, worldwide screenings, all-new product launches, special reveals and more. Check out an announcement video below!

Fan activities include:

* Alien Day livestreaming event at Fox Studios in Los Angeles: Beginning at 10 a.m. PDT on all Alien social channels and on the newly launched Alien Universe Hub (AlienUniverse.com), fans can interact with the cast via a question and answer session as well as view multiple behind-the-scenes segments highlighting the making of Alien: Covenant.

* Global One-Night Screening Event – Screenings of Ridley Scott’s original 1979 Alien starring Sigourney Weaver and his 2012 follow-up Prometheus will be held across the globe on Alien Day. At participating RPX Regal Cinema U.S. theaters and worldwide partners, fans can watch these sci-fi thrillers and be treated with exclusive content from Alien: Covenant and a one-of-a-kind commemorative item. Participating locations will be listed on AlienUniverse.com.

* The “MU/TH/UR of all Alien Trivia Challenges”: Returning for only 24 hours on AlienUniverse.com, Fox will unveil a new quiz every 4 hours and 26 minutes. Fans will answer a series of rapid-fire questions for a chance to win a VIP trip to Ridley Scott’s upcoming Imprint Ceremony at TCL Chinese Theatre in Hollywood and incredible prizes.

* Fan Art Contest: Submissions for a Fan Art Contest are now open at AlienUniverse.com. The chosen artwork will be transformed into a limited edition t-shirt premium available with the purchase of the Alien: Covenant Blu-Ray and 4K Ultra HD, exclusively at Wal-Mart stores and Walmart.com. Pre-order will start on May 19.

Fans can own the complete Alien Universe on Blu-ray featuring four limited-edition Mondo Alien movie poster cards. Available exclusively at Wal-Mart and Walmart.com on April 18.

Fans should stay tuned for product announcements, limited edition releases and exciting unveils to take place in the weeks ahead and through the theatrical premiere of Alien: Covenant. Among the key licensees joining the Alien Day celebration: Dark Horse Comics, Audible, Titan, NECA, Hallmark, PPW Toys, Cool Props, Funko and more.

Fox Consumer Products is also partnering with multiple retailers including BoxLunch, FYE/TWE, Books-A-Million, and Spencer’s Gifts, which will showcase exclusive Alien franchise merchandise, celebrating the day with in-store activations, and social media sweepstakes.

And look out for a special Alien Day broadcast message from Madame Tussauds with further details of a terrifying arrival at one of their iconic locations this summer.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom