All my NTers goin to school FAR from home check in..

I been thinking lately about going away to Cali for school (I live in Jersey). Those of you who went away, is it worth it? And to all ya in Cali, what are some good schools out there, party preferred 
laugh.gif

I been thinking lately about going away to Cali for school (I live in Jersey). Those of you who went away, is it worth it? And to all ya in Cali, what are some good schools out there, party preferred 
laugh.gif

My advice is don't go all the way out there and waste you or your parent's money. School 1st and all that other %$%% secondary. I'm in school 2 states/six hours away from home and the freedom, parties, etc. is nice, but I know I'm there for education more than anything.

My advice is don't go all the way out there and waste you or your parent's money. School 1st and all that other %$%% secondary. I'm in school 2 states/six hours away from home and the freedom, parties, etc. is nice, but I know I'm there for education more than anything.

Originally Posted by needemjs

And to all ya in Cali, what are some good schools out there, party preferred 
laugh.gif
Chico State or SDSU if you're white.
Humboldt State if you like to
pimp.gif

UC Santa Cruz if you're chill and like to
pimp.gif

UCSB if you're smart but like to party.

And to all ya in Cali, what are some good schools out there, party preferred 
laugh.gif
Chico State or SDSU if you're white.
Humboldt State if you like to
pimp.gif

UC Santa Cruz if you're chill and like to
pimp.gif

UCSB if you're smart but like to party.

California Polytechnic San Luis Obispo - Top architecture and engineering programs. People love to party. 10 mins from Ocean. People from all over cali, Nor Cal, Socal, Valley aggies. Also recently rated the happiest city in America.

Definitely go to Cali...I really wanted to go away for school and I decided to stay close to home. Going away will really help you to mature and become more independent. I have a really great relationship with my family but I'm currently living away from home for the summer with my cousin and I really regret the fact that I didn't go to school away too.

Definitely go to Cali...I really wanted to go away for school and I decided to stay close to home. Going away will really help you to mature and become more independent. I have a really great relationship with my family but I'm currently living away from home for the summer with my cousin and I really regret the fact that I didn't go to school away too.

California Polytechnic San Luis Obispo - Top architecture and engineering programs. People love to party. 10 mins from Ocean. People from all over cali, Nor Cal, Socal, Valley aggies. Also recently rated the happiest city in America.

grades? you're going to get hit with a huge bill for out of state tuiton so it might not be worth it if you are going to end up somewhere like a lower tier Cal State.
laugh.gif

grades? you're going to get hit with a huge bill for out of state tuiton so it might not be worth it if you are going to end up somewhere like a lower tier Cal State.
laugh.gif

I kinda went the same route, except my Uni was only 2.5 hours away from home. I had to live in the state and work for an entire year before I started school to claim residency in the in order to pay in-state tuition. If you can afford, by all means go for it, but paying twice the amount for out of state tuition is not worth it, especially with how expensive college is today...

You will also eat like #+!! for the next 4 years
laugh.gif

I kinda went the same route, except my Uni was only 2.5 hours away from home. I had to live in the state and work for an entire year before I started school to claim residency in the in order to pay in-state tuition. If you can afford, by all means go for it, but paying twice the amount for out of state tuition is not worth it, especially with how expensive college is today...

You will also eat like #+!! for the next 4 years
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
We got hella good schools. Stanford, Santa Clara University, UC's, some private schools.
you shouldn't go to a school for partying but if you do, it's UC Santa Barbara and Chico.

laugh.gif
We got hella good schools. Stanford, Santa Clara University, UC's, some private schools.
you shouldn't go to a school for partying but if you do, it's UC Santa Barbara and Chico.

Went to school in Georgia and I'm from Texas.

For me, it was worth it. You need to develop a network all over the U.S. Relocating teaches you valuable life skills and you get to meet people from different walks of life.
Also, when you relocate for school you are are forced to create a new circle of friends. Too many people who go to college in their home city or state end up keeping the same nucleus of friends from High School.

However......................

I'm going to be blunt, it's only worth going out of state for school if you have a scholarship or you are going to a top school.

If you get into Stanford, Cal-tech, Berkley, etc....I'd go to Cali.
If you can't get into a top school in California, save your money and stay on the east coast.
Good party schools? Grow up....especially if you intend on paying out of state tuition kid. If you want to party, stay in New Jersey.

Went to school in Georgia and I'm from Texas.

For me, it was worth it. You need to develop a network all over the U.S. Relocating teaches you valuable life skills and you get to meet people from different walks of life.
Also, when you relocate for school you are are forced to create a new circle of friends. Too many people who go to college in their home city or state end up keeping the same nucleus of friends from High School.

However......................

I'm going to be blunt, it's only worth going out of state for school if you have a scholarship or you are going to a top school.

If you get into Stanford, Cal-tech, Berkley, etc....I'd go to Cali.
If you can't get into a top school in California, save your money and stay on the east coast.
Good party schools? Grow up....especially if you intend on paying out of state tuition kid. If you want to party, stay in New Jersey.

Back
Top Bottom