All Star Saturday: 8pm EST, TNT (Skills Challenge, Shooting Stars, 3-pt shootout, Dunk Contest)

Honestly, I think that the Behind-The-Backboard dunk by Dwight is overrated because everyone is saying that its so unique and nobody saw it before. But whenIggy did it 2 years ago, everybody forgot it.

I'm still heated that Iggy was robbed by Robinson
mad.gif

But the other dunks from Dwight were spectacular. I didn't think the backboard tap dunk was anything special until I saw the replay. He really didsomething special with his dunks.

But Green was doing some pretty good stuff to. I thought that after Dwight got in the lead, everyone just didn't pay attention to Green.

that slam dunk contest was crazy. the judging was bad though. gerald green should have got a 50 for the birthday cake dunk
pimp.gif
. and Team Detroit failed us and so did rip hamilton

Either way Dwight was high enough to throw it in the hoop. People don't realize how hard a dunk with no shoes is let alone between the legs. Regardless,Dwight killed it and Rudy Gay was dissapointing.

I think Dwight had it all sealed and wrapped up after the Superman dunk honestly....nothing Gerald did woulda won the crowd/voters over unless if he did somereal crazy thing. no shoes is hard, but to the average joe it doesn't look anything different-u gotta know your audience.

Does anyone else find it funny how into this all-star weekend NT gets? i honestly think NT makes up about 75 percent of the NBA's entire audience, idon't know people anywhere else in real life that care about this crap as much as you guys do.

I watch it every year pretty much - but you guys eat this stuff up. It's cute.

Originally Posted by DOWNTOWN43

smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
you realize you are talking about the GOAT dunks right there?

GOAT? i don't think so j-rich dunks are harder and better,even green's cupcake and between the legs dunks are better than him
glasses.gif

They should get current NBA players to judge the dunk contest. I mean, they're all there anyways holding up scorecards.

Some of the scores given by the old folk were kinda
eyes.gif

You KNOW that when the dunk contest is over, people start trying to do the stuff they've seen.

I can't dunk.

But obviously, I've got friends that can.

Since the dunk contest Saturday, I've had two friends blow out a lit lighter set where Green's cupcake was, and another that keeps doing on but not theother (blow out the flame, but miss the dunk, or make the dunk, but miss the flame).

Did they get as high as him? Nope. But they caught the ball, aimed their mouth towards the flickering flame, blew it out, and dunked it.

None of them have even come CLOSE to Howard's behind-the-backboard dunk, and none of them have come anywhere remotely close to jumping and throwing a ballthrough the hoop as Howard did with his Superman throw-down.

Take that how you want it.

If any of you can rise... not just 'dunk', but 'RISE'... you can blow out a little flickering flame set on the edge of the back of the rim. ButI doubt ANY of you can even come close... CLOSE... to replicating that behind-the-backboard sickness and that Superman throw-in.

Not even CLOSE.

At Ska:

I think it's a little unfair to use that as the basis for what appears to be more impressive, which is what it seems to me like you're implying. Forexample, I've seen guys who can do the Vince Carter forearm dunk, but highly doubt could do either the Superman dunk or the behind the backboard dunk.

Despite that, Vince Carter's forearm dunk isn't any less impressive merely because someone I know has done it. And in the same vein, the Gerald Greendunk shouldn't be any less impressive for that same reason. What made both of those dunks impressive isn't the difficulty of the feat, but rather, thecreativity behind it. Before VC, I'd never seen or even heard of someone sticking their arm in the rim, and before Gerald Green, I'd never seen orheard of someone blowing out a candle set on the back of the rim while dunking. That those guys could come up with dunks so simple yet so creative is whatstruck me most about them.

Now if you simply didn't like the dunk just cause you weren't feeling it or whatever, I think that's fine. I just think it's unfair to say thatthe cupcake dunk was less of a dunk just cause a normal person could pull it off.

^ I'm not feeling the dunk.

Sans the theatrics, it was very mediocre.

Take away the cape from the Superman throw-in, and take away the cupcake shenanigans, and just compare the two dunks as if they were done by themselves, withno extra flash attached; JUST the dunks.

That Green cupcake dunk was very normal by today's standards; the Superman dunk wasn't. In the end, all Green did was catch and windmill; Howard tookoff from a couple feet inside the FT line, caught a lob thrown over the backboard, and throw it down.

The degree of difficulty on the actual DUNKS is nowhere close to similar.

I'm all about substance sans flash, and I think that if no theatrics/props were allowed, Howard would have not only won, but CRUSHED. We wouldn't evenbe talking about second place.

Back
Top Bottom