ALL THINGS PHILLY___ & SURROUNDING AREAS (South Jersey/Delaware)

Some of my family are planning on moving to South Philly soon around W Oregon Ave and S 8th St. Was wondering if any locals or NTers who know the area can give me an idea of how the neighborhood is like. Is it safe? What are some good places to eat or check out? Would I need a car to get around? Highly appreciate it! :nerd:

Last edited:
Some of my family are planning on moving to South Philly soon around W Oregon Ave and S 8th St. Was wondering if any locals or NTers who know the area can give me an idea of how the neighborhood is like. Is it safe? What are some good places to eat or check out? Would I need a car to get around? Highly appreciate it!
nerd.gif
I don't know the neighborhood too well, but you are near the Italian Market, so there are endless great spots to eat.

You don't need a car to get around if you're planning to stay in the city. There are plenty of buses down there.

Some of my family are planning on moving to South Philly soon around W Oregon Ave and S 8th St. Was wondering if any locals or NTers who know the area can give me an idea of how the neighborhood is like. Is it safe? What are some good places to eat or check out? Would I need a car to get around? Highly appreciate it! :nerd:
8th and Oregon isn't the best of neighborhoods but it's ok, just gotta be smart about your surroundings. I'm in the 2nd Street area just a few blocks away from Oregon. You really don't need a car to get around in the entire city, and in your case it's even better, that location is great for public transportation. Walk 6 blocks up (or catch a bus on the corner) to Broad and Oregon and you can catch the Broad Street Line (Subway) up to Center City for endless shopping/eating/drinking etc. Like 4wrestling said the Italian Market has endless good eats, and it starts out around 9th and Washington (Villa di Roma is my favorite spot there). Not too close to where you'll be at but not too far either. Some other good (great) Italian restaurants to check out are Dante & Luigi's on 10th and Catherine, and Ralph's on 9th St between Christian and South. I believe one of them is the oldest restaurant in the country, and a mob hit actually took place at Dante's like 15 years ago so just ask for the non-shooting section :lol: :lol:. Philly is a great city, it has tons more to offer I just don't feel like typing anymore. Explore and you'll love it in no time. Welcome :pimp:.

Last edited:
If I were to move to Philly, what parts of the city should I avoid living in? (Besides North Philly.)

There's pretty much a hood within 10 minutes from every area. You just gotta be careful.

I think Northern Liberties is a popular place to live nowadays. It's hipsterish.

Villa seems to be the only place in DE that gets all the good releases :smh:

they had mad campers for Pink Foams so i don't even wanna try them for Breds

If I were to move to Philly, what parts of the city should I avoid living in? (Besides North Philly.)
Whats wrong with North? I grew up in North and not a dang thing has ever happened to me or anybody I know. Tariq Nasheed was right the media got cats living in fear like a mofo about places they don't know. For the most part if you don't deal in illegal things you aren't going to be messed with but imo thats anywhere.

Does anyone know how HOH KOP is handling the Christmas day releases? Are they ticketing or is it FCFS. Line has been off the hook for the last two days.

Thanks!

Got through and according to the rep I got no plan is in place for the Xmas day releases

They are getting the NBC Rose's for anyone looking for em.

Last edited:
Is anyone doing FCFS?

I got my ticket from Springfield on Sunday.

I know Villa did the tickets earlier today.

The only place I think of is Kicks because they havent said anything on Twitter or FB.

Is there a facebook sneaker group for Delaware / Philly Areas that you recommend? I have yet to find a GOOD one worth staying in

Back
Top Bottom