Alonzo Mourning calls it a career

Even as a lifelong Knicks fan, this guy is DEFEINITLEY appreciated. Be ggod Zo, you were a Warrior out there.
pimp.gif
tired.gif

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_y...lW8vLYF?slug=txheatmourning&prov=st&type=lgns

EDIT: on another note, just thinking about it, its crazy to see how much longer he went than Ewing especially with all his injuries and his kidney disease. Zowas a MONSTER.
pimp.gif

No surprise, im glad he went ahead and decided to make it official, i cant wait to see the #33 go into the rafters at the Triple A

I give him crazy props for what he's been through with the kidney ailment, but as a basketball player I don't appreciate this pansy.

history_playoffs_1999.jpg

and

33-67925-P.jpg

Yeah, well, I guess he's appreciated
laugh.gif

I know a lot of people are going to come through with hate (especially Raptors or Nets fans), but this dude has always been appreciated by me.

I wish I could be a coach with a roster full of players that played as intense as Zo, loved the game as much as Zo, and had the humble approach to life that Zohad.

pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Fede DPT

I give him crazy props for what he's been through with the kidney ailment, but as a basketball player I don't appreciate this pansy.

history_playoffs_1999.jpg

and

33-67925-P.jpg

Yeah, well, I guess he's appreciated
laugh.gif

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
at the Knicks pics, but Zo was in no ways a panzy. I did not like Zo and Timmy Hardaway at all in the 90s cause of the intense rivalries, but now ilook back at all of it and i greatly appreciate both of them. Zo for his Warrior's mentality, and Timmy for his sklls and SICK crossover.

As a Knick fan, I have to tip my hat to that man. Never....EVER liked him but for him to play at a high level when centers in the league were very much potentwas amazing. Much respect, Zo

Even though he turned down the offer to play for the Raps, I gotta say that he was a great player. I tip my hat to him.
pimp.gif

It was stated on ESPN that the announcement was posted on the Miami Heat website, but Zo never announced anything so he is in fact, NOT, retiring.

With that said...

F HIM !

on another note, just thinking about it, its crazy to see how much longer he went than Ewing especially with all his injuries and his kidney disease.
He was also drafted 7 years later than Ewing too. But even considering that, he still continued to contribute and make an impact through the endof his career.

As a Knicks fan, I used to HATE Mourning.. but you can't help but respect him and how he played. And speaking of Ewing... Patrick offered to donate hiskidney to Mourning when he needed it, and he's also godfather to one of Alonzo's kids.
pimp.gif

^^man thats good to here, that even through all their rivalries and *++#, they still remain tight.

Pat's a good dude, i've met him before
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I also Met Zo and i coached one of his kids like 2 years ago, maybe thats the kid that Pat is godfather to.

I have hated Zo as a player but I respect him as a person. Congrats on the career.

But I hope he doesn't do broadcasting, his voice is terrible.

Originally Posted by brunotattaglia

I have hated Zo as a player but I respect him as a person. Congrats on the career.

But I hope he doesn't do broadcasting, his voice is terrible.

*Waits for Nets & Raptors fans to come in here and talk smack about him*

Nonetheless, he was a true athlete, and the fact that he decided to risk his health to play, is a testament to the person he is.

ZO is def appreciated, an underrated center in this league for sure. I remember his prime years on Miami, the days when I could say I was a Knicks fan and beproud.

Originally Posted by worldbeefreeg

ZO is def appreciated, an underrated center in this league for sure. I remember his prime years on Miami, the days when I could say I was a Knicks fan and be proud.

frontrunner
smh.gif
smh.gif

Back
Top Bottom