Alpha v Beta male vol. srs

What is your take on the whole alpha v. beta male designation?
-Do you believe these labels actually exist?
-What are qualities of both, if you believe they exist (examples, characteristics, etc.)
-Are you alpha or beta? (let the ducktales ensue)
-How do you feel women (or men) behave in the presence of alpa's or beta's?
Bonus question: Can women be alpha or beta based on the traditional definition of both?

For the record, I'm not entirely convinced that the difference between the alpha male and the beta male is so black and white, but many of my friends think otherwise. So I come to NT, the great bastion of opinion based arguments, to settle the score.

Pics to get the testosterone flowing
Spoiler [+]
tumblr_l9g1t9ppB01qdssc4o1_500.jpg

tumblr_l81d6pPHQu1qdssc4o1_500.jpg

daily_erotic_picdump_153_119.jpg

14-cute-black0chick89087.jpg

What is your take on the whole alpha v. beta male designation?
-Do you believe these labels actually exist?
-What are qualities of both, if you believe they exist (examples, characteristics, etc.)
-Are you alpha or beta? (let the ducktales ensue)
-How do you feel women (or men) behave in the presence of alpa's or beta's?
Bonus question: Can women be alpha or beta based on the traditional definition of both?

For the record, I'm not entirely convinced that the difference between the alpha male and the beta male is so black and white, but many of my friends think otherwise. So I come to NT, the great bastion of opinion based arguments, to settle the score.

Pics to get the testosterone flowing
Spoiler [+]
tumblr_l9g1t9ppB01qdssc4o1_500.jpg

tumblr_l81d6pPHQu1qdssc4o1_500.jpg

daily_erotic_picdump_153_119.jpg

14-cute-black0chick89087.jpg

yea these labels exist.

it's a matter of assertiveness/agressiveness.  if you've read Dostoevsky's "Notes from the Underground" then it's the whole thing about the Mouse vs. the Bull.

Me? I dunno. I'm pretty sure that would make me beta.

Chicks definitely behave differently. But that's also because alpha's/beta's behave differently around chicks.

I think chicks can be alpha's and beta's.

yea these labels exist.

it's a matter of assertiveness/agressiveness.  if you've read Dostoevsky's "Notes from the Underground" then it's the whole thing about the Mouse vs. the Bull.

Me? I dunno. I'm pretty sure that would make me beta.

Chicks definitely behave differently. But that's also because alpha's/beta's behave differently around chicks.

I think chicks can be alpha's and beta's.

I do agree with you, that its not as black and white as an Alpha Male, or a Beta Male in any setting. But there are some guys who just naturally assume to the top of the Alpha totem. Whether they're fast-witted, naturally intimidating, or extremely charismatic they do exist. And as time progress, they understand the dynamics of becoming the top male in any social setting, thus, forcing others to display more Beta tendencies.

What I'm not a fan of are guys who try too hard to display Alpha tendencies, with the intent of jocking for female buy-in. It stands out like a sore-thumb, and people are quick to put you on blast for doing so. Note the fact that I said its a natural assumed position, so you really can't force it.

I'd like to believe that I stand in the gray. I've never tried to come off as an Alpha in any setting, but I talk as confident as the best of them, and I articulate my thoughts very well. I've honestly been a stand-out my whole life, in classroom settings, or any other social atmosphere. And at the age of 25 there are literally two people I have to answer to, God, and my Boss. I manage a staff of nearly 40-45 direct reports, my immediate family turn to me for advice, and support. However, I've never tried force my stature down anyone's throat for my own personal gain, its very lame to do so, imo.

I do agree with you, that its not as black and white as an Alpha Male, or a Beta Male in any setting. But there are some guys who just naturally assume to the top of the Alpha totem. Whether they're fast-witted, naturally intimidating, or extremely charismatic they do exist. And as time progress, they understand the dynamics of becoming the top male in any social setting, thus, forcing others to display more Beta tendencies.

What I'm not a fan of are guys who try too hard to display Alpha tendencies, with the intent of jocking for female buy-in. It stands out like a sore-thumb, and people are quick to put you on blast for doing so. Note the fact that I said its a natural assumed position, so you really can't force it.

I'd like to believe that I stand in the gray. I've never tried to come off as an Alpha in any setting, but I talk as confident as the best of them, and I articulate my thoughts very well. I've honestly been a stand-out my whole life, in classroom settings, or any other social atmosphere. And at the age of 25 there are literally two people I have to answer to, God, and my Boss. I manage a staff of nearly 40-45 direct reports, my immediate family turn to me for advice, and support. However, I've never tried force my stature down anyone's throat for my own personal gain, its very lame to do so, imo.

being a smart a-hole >>*

got a da charisma you ever need ( gets u wild poon) got da intelligence to be able to moderate...cuz too much of

anything is a bad thing.

being a smart a-hole >>*

got a da charisma you ever need ( gets u wild poon) got da intelligence to be able to moderate...cuz too much of

anything is a bad thing.

I think if you take a classic alpha and a classic beta and put them side to side, most girls will be attracted to the alpha.  It's an evolution thing. 

But not all girls would date the classic alpha.  It varies from girl to girl but long story short, most girls ideally want a mix of the two.  Depending on the girl some would want more alpha in their guy and others would want more beta. 

What I believe is the rule of thumb is the less alpha the male, the less attractive he is to the females.  And I think most girls don't even realize this. 

That's why it's always key to show confidence.  That's up there in qualities they want in a guy, it's really right up there with appearance.  Even higher for some females.

Now if you're looking at it from a guy's perspective?  On confidence in a girl?  I don't think it matters.  Guys for the most part are way less discriminative.  They just wanna ++*%
roll.gif

I think if you take a classic alpha and a classic beta and put them side to side, most girls will be attracted to the alpha.  It's an evolution thing. 

But not all girls would date the classic alpha.  It varies from girl to girl but long story short, most girls ideally want a mix of the two.  Depending on the girl some would want more alpha in their guy and others would want more beta. 

What I believe is the rule of thumb is the less alpha the male, the less attractive he is to the females.  And I think most girls don't even realize this. 

That's why it's always key to show confidence.  That's up there in qualities they want in a guy, it's really right up there with appearance.  Even higher for some females.

Now if you're looking at it from a guy's perspective?  On confidence in a girl?  I don't think it matters.  Guys for the most part are way less discriminative.  They just wanna ++*%
roll.gif

The white check on the very far left is well equppied.

Would love to beat the #@%+ out of those guts. Any more pics of her?

The white check on the very far left is well equppied.

Would love to beat the #@%+ out of those guts. Any more pics of her?

Personally I think it's a crock of #%!*. The vast majority of the male population have the qualities of both.

Personally I think it's a crock of #%!*. The vast majority of the male population have the qualities of both.

Originally Posted by ILL LEGAL OPERATION

At the end of the day, either you're That N'...

...or you're not.

QFT

you cant change who you are.
youre THE man, or your A man.
no inbetween.

Back
Top Bottom