Amazing Adidas PrintAd

*NT Admin (Pls lock if this thread violated any of the forum / posting rules... Tnx! Sorry if i violated any rules)

Have you noticed this?
Just bought an FHM magazine yesterday.
I saw this Adidas Advertisement...

Take a look closer on the DLSU player...
Everyone is wearing Adidas kicks... But he was rocki'n NIKE ZKIV Whiteouts...
laugh.gif

Free advertisement for NIKE!
roll.gif

Di naman halata coz the logos were taken out. Besides they're advertising the schools and their uniforms.

It's just like seeing Lebron in an NBA ad wearing Adidas Cavaliers warmups and Nike shoes.

Like most of DLSU's and ADMU's players are signed with Nike, Bagatsing cannot be seen wearing Adidas sneaks so I guess that's the compromise.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by sickchasedsam

wow. the one in charge for this ad/campaign should be fired.
laugh.gif
^Co-sign, bro! I actually saw this poster in the Adidas flagship store in GB3 and my first reaction was "Bagatsing wearing white-outs, Baclaowearing Lebron VI lows...what the hell?!". Such is the case because coaches of both teams are sponsored/ have some affiliation with Nike. IMO, medyogarapal yung ginagawa sa Adidas because as you can see, almost all players and members of the coaching staff of both teams wear the Swoosh.

But I guess Gameover2 is right, this was some kind of compromise. Business decision siguro because better for Adidas to get some revenues as compared to zero.

Originally Posted by Gameover2

Di naman halata coz the logos were taken out. Besides they're advertising the schools and their uniforms.

It's just like seeing Lebron in an NBA ad wearing Adidas Cavaliers warmups and Nike shoes.

Like most of DLSU's and ADMU's players are signed with Nike, Bagatsing cannot be seen wearing Adidas sneaks so I guess that's the compromise.
laugh.gif
IMO even if they're min objective is to advertise the uniforms it's not that hard to produce a pair of Adidas shoes for the player.
It isn't hard to set a photoshoot for the players and provide them with the proper gear knowing that their advertisement will be nationwide.
Magazines , newspapers , billboards , etc...
If the artist edited the Kobe logo and swoosh... He should've cut out the shoes and replace them with a pair of Adidas kicks using photo shop.
laugh.gif

nike shoes prominently displayed on an adidas print ad = impossible is nothing
roll.gif

gameover is right

bagatsing cant be seen in adidas shoes
they should have gotten kish co instead
laugh.gif

IMO coming from an advertising agency and once being a graphic designer myself, now marketing, gameover2 is correct. Photoshopping, doing more photoshoots,scheduling, these take more time and money.....both factors i'm sure contributed to the decision. Any adidas marketing guys here?

Originally Posted by Inigo

IMO even if they're min objective is to advertise the uniforms it's not that hard to produce a pair of Adidas shoes for the player.
It isn't hard to set a photoshoot for the players and provide them with the proper gear knowing that their advertisement will be nationwide.
Magazines , newspapers , billboards , etc...
If the artist edited the Kobe logo and swoosh... He should've cut out the shoes and replace them with a pair of Adidas kicks using photo shop.
laugh.gif
I hope you're not serious. Because that's a definite no-no. The kid has a contract with Nike and cannot be seen wearing any other athleticshoe brand but such.

I agree with Manilaboy. They should've just gotten Kish Co for La Salle and perhaps Justin Chua for Ateneo, who both wear Adidas.

its just the same when jordan wore the bobcats practice uniform, he simply put tape to cover the adidas logo.

Back
Top Bottom