Amazon Key - Thoughts? Grant inhome access.

Would you use this service?

• Yes

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • No

Votes: 3 75.0%

• Total voters
https://www.amazon.com/b?ie=UTF8&node=17285120011

As a Prime member, get your Amazon packages securely delivered just inside your front door. Plus, grant access to the people you trust, like your family, friends, dog walker, or house cleaner – no more leaving a key under the mat.

On delivery day, you’ll receive a notification in the morning with a 4-hour delivery window for when the delivery driver will arrive at your home. Right before the driver arrives at your door, you will receive an “Arriving Now” notification and you can optionally watch the delivery happening live. The driver will knock first and then request to unlock your door with their Amazon handheld scanner. Amazon verifies that the package belongs to the address and the driver is near the door, turns on Amazon Cloud Cam and unlocks your door. No special codes or keys are given to the driver. The driver will then place the package just inside your door and request to relock the door. Once the delivery is complete and your door is relocked, you’ll get a final notification and can watch a video clip of the delivery.

Thoughts?

This already exists. If you have a key pad lock set and a camera you do this yourself.

I have Ring which is fine, my concern with this is Amazon delivery vehicles are easy to spot in LA, someone can follow them and wait for the door to unlock

This already exists. If you have a key pad lock set and a camera you do this yourself.

This a bit different.... you aren't remotely granting access to Amazon, they already have it. With your current key pad lock you have no way of communicating with a delivery person to open your door and leave your package inside. With Amazon Key, they gain access themselves and leave packages inside your home.

Amazon needs its own official thread. They stay dropping new products that change the game. I wish Apple was as quick as amazon is when it comes to announcing new products.

I think this is a great idea for Amazon and for people who live in a sketchy neighborhood and dont like their packages sitting on their porch.

I want a drop cam tho and this amazon one might be the first i cop but im waiting on a homekit dropcam i dont trust these nest cams with my data being stored on the servers somewhere in India or whatever.

This a bit different.... you aren't remotely granting access to Amazon, they already have it. With your current key pad lock you have no way of communicating with a delivery person to open your door and leave your package inside. With Amazon Key, they gain access themselves and leave packages inside your home.

and the camera can sense when the amazon driver is at the door and start recording

anigif_sub-buzz-10857-1496774965-3.gif

That's doing too much. I'd never let a stranger come in my home and drop off my packages.

My last Amazon delivery, the driver took a picture of where he delivered the package and uploaded it on my order. I think that is good enough.

If you live in an area where packages are always stolen, consider getting the package delivered at work or at an Amazon locker.

Well if you're neighborhood is sketchy... The help wanted sign is going to be in a sketchy area and the potential applicants/ new hires maybe from the pool of sketchy theives

My current key pad allows for multiple codes. You can just make one for your delivery person.

Back
Top Bottom