Amazon Prime Video Thread : Mr & Mrs Smith

I just looked at the homescreen of my amazon fire stick and saw a new episode of Upload is available. WTH. I thought it was cancelled. amazon did no promotion at all for the new season. Didn't see a tv commercial, youtube ad, no fire stick ad. amazon probably gave up on the show which they like doing.

1699499955936.png

1699499990023.png

I just finished watching the Continental. be doing a rewatch again as I missed some bits during viewing. must say it is pretty well made. it's not perfect but highly entertaining. lots of JW references like the car, Aurelio, etc...

I'm liking Reacher S2 so far. Better pacing and story.

When Reacher was about to smash I feared for shorties life.

The Robert Patrick Terminator bit was funny too :lol:

I binged all 3 episodes at Midnight that Friday. Couldn't stop watching it even though it was getting near 3 am Friday 😂😂 So good!! Can't wait to see what happens this week after they found the company photo!

And I didn't see that bald guy being a cop. 😂 Hea gonna be instrumental I can feel it. Gonna be a great finish! My only wish, they released the whole season at once.

Prime is just an added benefit based on the ordering my wife does lol

I really do enjoy about 5 shows on there, but I'm not paying an extra 2.99 for ish. It was inevitable and we'll see this more and more. I'm a 90s and 2000s kid. I used to have wait a full week for a new episode with MULTIPLE commercials. No commercial streaming was good for the last 10+ years or so, but I can live with the "inconvenience."

I don't get this move they're already running Freevee is that not enough ads. I mean I get the price hike everyone is doing it... even netflix just bumped me to $10.99 now (grandfathered my ***) been $8.99 since day 1. Seems redundant unless they just do away with freevee...

Hmmmm. Let's review this news.

"Limited" advertisements? ----- Just say you are selling out and bombarding us (like everyone else) with insurance ads and promos for your other shows and NFL. Stop making it seem light.

"(Advertising) will allow us to continue investing in compelling content and keep increasing that investment over a long period of time." ------ As of December 2023 Amazon has a market cap of $1.585 Trillion. This makes Amazon the world's 5th most valuable company by market cap

"We will also offer a new ad-free option for an additional $2.99 per month" ------- The people we pay to figure these things out have just created a new $36 annual add-on fee that probably half our 200 million Prime subscribers will pay for and if so that will be around $3.6 billion fresh new dollars into our coffers - Mr. Bezos has yachts to pay for you know, this is an investment.

"No action is required from you" ------- well, thank you!

Yep all you have to do is opt in to the $2.99/month ad free tier or nothing at all. They make it so simple!!

Unfortunately it is what it is and we are left powerless to either cancel Prime, ordering from Amazon for gifts and personal goods throughout the year is so convenient so of course I won't, do nothing or put more money in their pockets...

Yeah just saw the e-mail for that commercial bull ****.

Got me really considering cancelling my annual plan. I might just binge my fav shows and forsake the rest of my watchlist.

It’ll only make sense to keep it for my online ordering.

Finished Reacher S2 and it was a hell of an ending! Won't spoil it for anyone still wanting to see it, but it was a lot better than S1 (and I loved S1). Alan Ritchson has already posted himself from the set of S3 so hopefully they'll drop it sometime in the Fall. But this season, learning about his military background and his team, was excellent.

Oh, and Serinda Swan is 😍😍😍🔥🔥🔥

Back
Top Bottom