American Citizen going to Hong Kong?

davis

formerly koopa2410
Anyone here who held an American passport ever go to Hong Kong? I know there's no need for visa if your stay is less than 90 days, but what are the other requirements? I heard something about a proof of enough money to stay? Also, any advice?

When I went:
Filled out a little notecard prior to landing.
Got off the plane.
Waited in line a bit.
Stamped my passport.
Walked out of airport.

I don't think they asked for proof of money, but I was under 18, so I don't know.

I've been there a couple times.
-During the summer it is hot as HELL there. You step out of the airport (which is one of the nicest in the world) and you'll feel like you're going to have a heat stroke.
-If you're going to take taxis (most tourists do this), make sure you know how to get to where you're going so the driver doesn't trip and rip you off by circling around.
-Best way to get around is the subway. Very efficient and very clean.
-If you want food that isn't Asian, you're probably going to be paying quite a bit more for it.
-You can find a lot of really cheap places to eat if you look around. I'm talking like 2-4 US dollars for a meal.
-There isn't much to do apart from shopping. I'm not a sightseeing person so other than walking around don't expect to do much. It's way too hot anyways.

Back
Top Bottom