American Gangster > Any Kanye Album

I liked AG. But all of Kanye's albums except for 808's get more play from me on my iTunes. 

CD, LR, Graduation, MBDTF >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> AG

I can always come here for a good laugh. OP you reaching, but I have never in my life heard anyone that listened to AG say it's wack until today. Never have I heard that american dreaming is trash. How the hell can AG be overrated on here? How old are you dudes man

One of the best Neptunes productions, Hov with the double entendre throughout the song :smh::pimp:
yall fools done lost it. Neptunes produced britney songs that were better than this. snarf aint even in the bottom 5 of hot neptune tracks.

and for the record im an 80s baby. the cd felt a little rushed like someone said. I been a jayz stan since day one. Cant no body tell me ether was better than superugly. jayz said condoms on the baby seat son, BA*clap*BY*clap*SEAT*clap*.
Taking Jay-z's discography into consideration. its trash. Possibly bottom 3. TBP2 being the most obvious lowest.
AG a classic..... heelllllllll no. RD? Thats a classic. The Blueprint? Thats a classic. there is literally no debating that. i would go on to say the life and times were classics too but those are kinda debatable. nah, fudge it, those are CLASSICS! AG? nah, no replay value whatsoever.

dead at BA*clap*BY*clap*SEAT*clap*

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I use that same criteria for albums. 6 out of 15? Really now. Name the 6

what's the point?
whatever songs they are i already know you like them and whatever ones i don't like....i know you like those too.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
TRUUUU

A bunch of people on WATER in this thread
One of the best Neptunes productions, Hov with the double entendre throughout the song
mean.gif
pimp.gif
yall fools done lost it. Neptunes produced britney songs that were better than this. snarf aint even in the bottom 5 of hot neptune tracks.

and for the record im an 80s baby. the cd felt a little rushed like someone said. I been a jayz stan since day one. Cant no body tell me ether was better than superugly. jayz said condoms on the baby seat son, BA*clap*BY*clap*SEAT*clap*.
Taking Jay-z's discography into consideration. its trash. Possibly bottom 3. TBP2 being the most obvious lowest.
AG a classic..... heelllllllll no. RD? Thats a classic. The Blueprint? Thats a classic. there is literally no debating that. i would go on to say the life and times were classics too but those are kinda debatable. nah, fudge it, those are CLASSICS! AG? nah, no replay value whatsoever.
Everytime I feel like I should ignore you, you redeem yourself by speaking truth

Last edited:
Man, all the misplaced hate. But most of u dudes would say Future is better than Hov so I dig it. Album was one of Jay's better concept albums from start to finish. Wouldn't agree about it being better than any Kanye album though, that's just foolish

I can tell ya 1 thing tho, most of Kanye's albums outsold AG easily...Which Cd's yall like more is personal preference, but #'s usually tell the tale and give a good overall general consensus. Just my input.

I can tell ya 1 thing tho, most of Kanye's albums outsold AG easily...Which Cd's yall like more is personal preference, but #'s usually tell the tale and give a good overall general consensus. Just my input.
vanilla ice sold more than kanye
grin.gif

Lol, by far one of the dumbest statements i've heard in a LONG time

Those are his top 3 no question.
A lot of this was on point. Espeically the Late Registration thing, it is his best album, followed by MBDTF. If youre counting Black Album as the back half like I do cause it was after the first 6 then I'm giving it to that.

1. MBTDF is Kanye's best album. idc idc idc. if you can't see HEAR the genius in that album you suck.
2. it is better than AG....CD is better than AG....LR is better than AG...Graduation is better than AG...yes....accept life as it is.

Sponsored by the fact that this is all my opinion, so no shots my way guys...different musical taste :wink:

how so? If the general consensus was that AG was really hotter than all of Kanye's albums, Don't u think it would have out sold them all? I like both artists equally, but to say that AG was better than albums like late registration or dropout is a pretty bold statement. But again as i said, its all personal preference in the end. 

how so? If the general consensus was that AG was really hotter than all of Kanye's albums, Don't u think it would have out sold them all? I like both artists equally, but to say that AG was better than albums like late registration or dropout is a pretty bold statement. But again as i said, its all personal preference in the end. 
Look at this guy

how so? If the general consensus was that AG was really hotter than all of Kanye's albums, Don't u think it would have out sold them all?
LOL.  As stated earlier regarding 90's babies.................
 but to be honest, the majority of the time they don't do themselves any favors
laugh.gif

dude, american gangster sucked.

I don't agree w/ op post but this right here is not true
i think people have american gangster confused with kingdom come...now that ladies and gentleman was a turd by j****man.

THIS. Kingdom Come was such a lazy record and people fell for that trash. Easily his worst. AG was ok,, it's a good album. Idk about ot being better than Kanye's discography. This thread is funny off the first page alone :lol:

I don't agree with the AG>than any Kanye album, but AG is a GREAT album. One of Jay's best IMO.

AG sounds like it could have been the soundtrack to the movie. I love concept albums, and Jay paints the tale of the rise/fall of a hustler perfectly. From "Pray" talking about getting started hustling all the way through "Fallin'" he shows the ups and downs of that life. The depth of lyrics, entendres, storytelling and beats that captures the vibe of that time perfectly, make it a cohesive album (kind of like GKMC). If you appreciate lyricism, storytelling, and depth in hip-hop, then hating this album makes no sense to me. I guess if you want an album with mostly party or street tracks then this wouldn't be the one for you.

Last edited:
jay z fans boys have got to be the worse EVER, in some of yall minds he has never made a bad song or album. dude has 11 solo albums and some of yall swear they all been great.

american gangster is NOT better then Graduation

I personally loved American Gangster. I'd say it's better than BP3 as an album. I don't understand all the hate for AG.... Now to say its better than every kanye album is pushing it....

What I want to know, why does jay NEVER perform anything from AG? It's like it doesn't exist to him.... Lol

Back
Top Bottom