American Gods (STARZ) Thread

My favorite episode of the season so far. Straight highlander movie from the jump.

What gives with 2 full Laura back story episodes though? Out of all the characters I have questions about, she is the last one I wanted answers from. And yet 2 ENTIRE. EPISODES. Devoted to her life story. I need to read the damn book already. I think that's where I'll get my answers

I got a feeling she's gonna be a bigger player now with all of her back story stuff, like maybe some kind of demi God or offspring of a God... or maybe they are just not having her back next season and are showing her a little love...

what was the actress playing laura the redhead irish woman?

was she reincarnated or something?

eff laura sweeney brings her back and she punches him?

im starting to think it dont even make sense to hate her 

like the point of her character is to be selfish to a fault

who controls that rabbit tho?

so are leprechauns like grim reapers too?

I think they were hinting at Laura being a great great great descendant of the Irish lady. Maybe that's their way of explaining why Laura "doesn't believe in anything" or doesn't believe in traditional gods (because it's in her blood that she believes in leprechauns?)

Anyways, I have soooo many questions dawg

Dope dope episode though. The storytelling interlaces with the Motown soul music flow. The Celtic Braveheart vibes. The humanization of Mad Sweeney. Top notch. This show can take all my money.

Ps, just rewatched this episode. Didn't notice it the first time that they interlaced a flashback during the ice cream truck crash scene. So mad Sweeney killed Laura the first time eh? Wild.

Show is too many layers deep man. I can't be watching ten times just to catch every thing. Like the first minute of this episode......

Mortician storyteller dude: Irish red ale! Brewed it just like the monks in Kilkenny in 1231. This beer saved lives blah blah.

Anubis: you have a story to tell. I can see it in your fingers.

Then BOOM. Dude laces us with an epic story about a red headed Irish harlot. This episode felt so Tarantino

Ps, just rewatched this episode. Didn't notice it the first time that they interlaced a flashback during the ice cream truck crash scene. So mad Sweeney killed Laura the first time eh? Wild.

Show is too many layers deep man. I can't be watching ten times just to catch every thing. Like the first minute of this episode......

Mortician storyteller dude: Irish red ale! Brewed it just like the monks in Kilkenny in 1231. This beer saved lives blah blah.

Anubis: you have a story to tell. I can see it in your fingers.

Then BOOM. Dude laces us with an epic story about a red headed Irish harlot. This episode felt so Tarantino

It's like the show doesn't even have a protagonist

Last edited:

Nah I just think Sweeney did this for Wednesday to help get Shadow to work for him.

I just realized. No shadow or Wednesday in this ep.

I noticed that too, weird two of the leads are MIA. IMDB credits them for 8 episode's too. I'm loving this show but I can'tsee how they are going to wrap the season already (finale sunday) 8 episode's is just too short. I wonder if they are going to do an Outlander type season and release a second half Iin the fall.

Last edited:
finale was 
eek.gif
 till the dead wife parts

so wednesday/odin killed laura to leave shadow with nothing and make him believe

so is shadow like sweeney like a demi god?

and now there is a drought in the us?

what happened to mr world? economies crashed because of eastera?

bilquis seeing her temple destroyed 
frown.gif

in for season 2 
pimp.gif

This show got some interesting/weird things going on, but its hard to follow and they didnt really get into what its all about until the finale ....the clearest storylines be them tales they be telling in and out of some episodes not the actual plot :lol:

I'm only 3 episodes in, and man....this is riveting.

The cast couldn't be better, every character so far is played by the perfect Actor/Actress.
(Just realized Dane Cook is the friend)

I want to know what made Laura cheat on Shadow with his friend.
I don't believe it. I know it's said she died with her friends husbands cock in her mouth, and Shadow even saw his Peter on that phone in Laura's belongings but, I'm not buying it.

I'll believe it when I see it.

Lastly, I love me some Emily Browning right now.
I've been enamored with her after rediscovering her in Legend.

Before that I hadn't seen her since Sleeping Beauty.
She's my type of Woman.
Not her looks or hair or skin, her attitude.
She's real.
She always plays that part too, which makes me think she's playing herself because all the roles I've seen her in aren't typecast roles, and yet she makes them hers.

She's dope AF

Last edited:
I'm only 3 episodes in, and man....this is riveting.

The cast couldn't be better, every character so far is played by the perfect Actor/Actress.
(Just realized Dane Cook is the friend)

I want to know what made Laura cheat on Shadow with his friend.
I don't believe it. I know it's said she died with her friends husbands cock in her mouth, and Shadow even saw his Peter on that phone in Laura's belongings but, I'm not buying it.

I'll believe it when I see it.

Lastly, I love me some Emily Browning right now.
I've been enamored with her after rediscovering her in Legend.

Before that I hadn't seen her since Sleeping Beauty.
She's my type of Woman.
Not her looks or hair or skin, her attitude.
She's real.
She always plays that part too, which makes me think she's playing herself because all the roles I've seen her in aren't typecast roles, and yet she makes them hers.

She's dope AF

Gets better and better as it goes along. and I think they did a nice job of explaining everything by the finale. Can't wait for next season

I will say, after watching episode 4, Shadow/Laura's episode, she definitely sucked that friends cock.

Tune is completely changed for me, cleared up rather.
Yea, she did it huh? Don't tell me....

"I'll believe it when I see it."
:lol:
:rofl:

I was only at the beginning of episode 4 when I began to think "she might've, no she probably did"......and by the time 15 minutes had passed, she was boning him for the 2nd time.

Boy, the hoesies ain't loyal.

Last edited:
:lol:
:rofl:

I was only at the beginning of episode 4 when I began to think "she might've, no she probably did"......and by the time 15 minutes had passed, she was boning him for the 2nd time.

Laura has a whole generation of ***-ing under her belt. She has another origin story that's LIT AF. My tune changed on her so many times that by the end I'm just Kanye shrugging :lol:

laugh.gif
roll.gif

Laura has a whole generation of ***-ing under her belt. She has another origin story that's LIT AF. My tune changed on her so many times that by the end I'm just Kanye shrugging
laugh.gif
Yea I just finished that episode.

Man this is some good TV. That episode was DEEP AF AF AF AF AF. So lit!

dead wife is a *****

i think shes one of those types wouldnt be happy with any ****** thing

just miserable to be miserable 
mean.gif

i dont even think she got anything out of ****** w dane cook just doing it to be doing it

This show got some interesting/weird things going on, but its hard to follow and they didnt really get into what its all about until the finale ....the clearest storylines be them tales they be telling in and out of some episodes not the actual plot
laugh.gif
It's like this season was a throw-away. Just enough to get a second season with actual purpose and an easy to follow plot. Reminds me of how Sense8 was kinda bland the majority of the first season but picked up well in the second.

dead wife is a *****

i think shes one of those types wouldnt be happy with any ****** thing

just miserable to be miserable 
mean.gif

i dont even think she got anything out of ****** w dane cook just doing it to be doing it
I don't know how anybody can feel for her in any way. She even told her old friend that she wasn't really feelin' Shadow like that.

I can see her being miserable before meeting Shadow and even after because their life wasa lil blah

She was bangin' ol boy outta convenience

Late as hell, but this show is absolutely incredible. I feel like I could watch all the episodes again right now and I just finished them.

Yeah just finished the season. Show is so dope. Bout to pick up the book sometime this weekend.

Back
Top Bottom