Americans: How do you handle the fact that we're losing in this global climate?

Originally Posted by justforsneaks

its just a soccer game

thats what i be tryna tell fools, they dont wanna listen 
30t6p3b.gif

I'm banking on us quickly destroying and rebuilding. Reinvent ourselves with in the next half century and reestablish dominance.

If not, China wins with Russia as a close 2nd.

I take the American approach to the facts though. Ignore it and still keep the facade of us being #1 while hoping and working towards a better more competitive generation.

I'm banking on us quickly destroying and rebuilding. Reinvent ourselves with in the next half century and reestablish dominance.

If not, China wins with Russia as a close 2nd.

I take the American approach to the facts though. Ignore it and still keep the facade of us being #1 while hoping and working towards a better more competitive generation.

Even with America on the decline we still have it better than most. What I can control is my life so Im just gonna keep trying hard myself and do good in school

Even with America on the decline we still have it better than most. What I can control is my life so Im just gonna keep trying hard myself and do good in school

keep living my own life and try and better myself.

i hate to sound ignorant toward international relations and be a downer, but theres really nothing any of us can do about making the country thrive. we can work hard, buy american and all of that, but its really in the hands of the puppet-masters in washington.

keep living my own life and try and better myself.

i hate to sound ignorant toward international relations and be a downer, but theres really nothing any of us can do about making the country thrive. we can work hard, buy american and all of that, but its really in the hands of the puppet-masters in washington.

China/Iran/Russia/Africa/South America on the rise. 

US/Israel/Europe on the decline.

I-Aint-Even-Mad.jpg

China/Iran/Russia/Africa/South America on the rise. 

US/Israel/Europe on the decline.

I-Aint-Even-Mad.jpg

Originally Posted by Ryda421

USA > *

EDIT:

you don't like it ? then bounce no one wants you here
Shut your clueless #!$ up.
laugh.gif

This country is in decline in large part due to our lack of modern infrastructure. Has anyone here traveled out of the country? Ever been to a country where infrastructure is put first? It's night and day to the crap we put up with. Then you add in a huge amount of corporate outsourcing, a population that receives a 3rd world education, and you have a recipe for a falling country.

But OP, you make it seem as if this is just happening. It isn't. This country isn't even ranked top 10 in terms of livability, it's been going downhill for a while.

Originally Posted by Ryda421

USA > *

EDIT:

you don't like it ? then bounce no one wants you here
Shut your clueless #!$ up.
laugh.gif

This country is in decline in large part due to our lack of modern infrastructure. Has anyone here traveled out of the country? Ever been to a country where infrastructure is put first? It's night and day to the crap we put up with. Then you add in a huge amount of corporate outsourcing, a population that receives a 3rd world education, and you have a recipe for a falling country.

But OP, you make it seem as if this is just happening. It isn't. This country isn't even ranked top 10 in terms of livability, it's been going downhill for a while.

Originally Posted by Toy Collector123

Now that we have crossed over in this 21st century, I have a feeling that America is no longer the place where people are coming to match their dreams. Remember in the 1900s, before bankers had an invested interest in the progressing of this country, when it would be the ultimate dream to have a job after college or start you own business and strive to provide for your family while happily paying your taxes to know they were being used for good purposes? I have no qualms regarding paying taxes, but I do take highly in my disappointment in the United States as we as a people have lost all hope in our three levels of government. How does it feel knowing we no longer have a say?How does it feel knowing that our politicians are more invested in receiving their next vote by appeasing from the middle only to be left with a government that is stagnated. There are things as a people that will never understand like our wasteful uses of our own resources. Governments did have a meaningful purpose in protecting WE the people but now it's more of WE the corporation.
The only difference between now and the beginning of the 20th century is that we now have to deal with day-to-day taxation.  Prior to the turn of the century the only time taxes were implemented were to finance infrastructure projects or war bonds.  Only after the politicians tried to tax the rich did the middle class start start to become taxed.  I'll let you do your own research on this, but basically every time we have tried to tax the rich, the middle class has ended up paying for it instead.

Bankers still ran the country at the turn of the century.  JP Morgan was the richest man in the world and was his day's version of the FED.  Only after he died did congress feel the need to have an independent organization oversee that duty without oversight.

For those saying that the US doesn't make anything anymore, you're right.  We have outsourced all of the low margin items to other countries.  However, we have kept the auto manufacturing industry here as well as poach it from German and Japanese companies as well.  The only reason you don't hear about that is because it's the northern states complaining while the jobs in manufacturing and technology are moving to the south.  Boeing also makes all of their planes here with a large part of the steel industry.  The difference between us and the rest of the world is that we learn to make things with less people and thus increase the quality while decreasing the cost.  Case in point, silicon chip manufacturers.  They double their processing power every 18 months while decreasing the size and price of the technology with the same amount of workers.

Originally Posted by Toy Collector123

Now that we have crossed over in this 21st century, I have a feeling that America is no longer the place where people are coming to match their dreams. Remember in the 1900s, before bankers had an invested interest in the progressing of this country, when it would be the ultimate dream to have a job after college or start you own business and strive to provide for your family while happily paying your taxes to know they were being used for good purposes? I have no qualms regarding paying taxes, but I do take highly in my disappointment in the United States as we as a people have lost all hope in our three levels of government. How does it feel knowing we no longer have a say?How does it feel knowing that our politicians are more invested in receiving their next vote by appeasing from the middle only to be left with a government that is stagnated. There are things as a people that will never understand like our wasteful uses of our own resources. Governments did have a meaningful purpose in protecting WE the people but now it's more of WE the corporation.
The only difference between now and the beginning of the 20th century is that we now have to deal with day-to-day taxation.  Prior to the turn of the century the only time taxes were implemented were to finance infrastructure projects or war bonds.  Only after the politicians tried to tax the rich did the middle class start start to become taxed.  I'll let you do your own research on this, but basically every time we have tried to tax the rich, the middle class has ended up paying for it instead.

Bankers still ran the country at the turn of the century.  JP Morgan was the richest man in the world and was his day's version of the FED.  Only after he died did congress feel the need to have an independent organization oversee that duty without oversight.

For those saying that the US doesn't make anything anymore, you're right.  We have outsourced all of the low margin items to other countries.  However, we have kept the auto manufacturing industry here as well as poach it from German and Japanese companies as well.  The only reason you don't hear about that is because it's the northern states complaining while the jobs in manufacturing and technology are moving to the south.  Boeing also makes all of their planes here with a large part of the steel industry.  The difference between us and the rest of the world is that we learn to make things with less people and thus increase the quality while decreasing the cost.  Case in point, silicon chip manufacturers.  They double their processing power every 18 months while decreasing the size and price of the technology with the same amount of workers.

Back
Top Bottom