Ancient Egyptian Discussion

I was actually really interested in that other thread and wanted to make some posts :lol: but it was closed because of the Kangz reference

I'm on mobile so I can't really gather sources and citations but I would like to discuss and learn more about the attitudes that some have regarding the way ancient Egyptians looked and compare them to whatever concrete evidence might be out there

There are many who seem to think that they look like the typical African-Americans you see today

Likewise, many works of fiction seem perfectly okay with casting pale, fair-featured Europeans as denizens of an ancient North African desert empire.

The third way is typically some kind of caramel-skinned desert-dweller with one or two distinctly exotic characteristics that sometimes border on perceptions of the "Oriental"....

Egypt now is considered an "Arab" nation, no? And some time before that, it was a Hellenistic cultural center ruled by a dynasty of Greek transplants.

So what about the old, old, Egypt? What the hell did they look like?

I could be completely wrong but wasn't the Atlantic Slave Trade primarily supported by West African chattel slaves? In what ways do my possible West African ancestors differ physically from North Africans like those in Egypt?

Does the fact that Egypt was a Mediterranean cultural center like that other guy said play into this argument?

Genealogically speaking how "diverse" does ancient Africa get in terms of appearance, skin color, hair consistency etc?

The thing about the Ancient Egyptians is that they left behind what must amount to thousands of well-preserved specimens. Have they ever been examined for the sake of genetic comparison with CONCLUSIVE results?

All of this is interesting stuff to me

Last edited:
It's hard to tell.  The DNA is all over the place, but what's known is that the DNA of ancient Egyptians don't have much in common with modern Egyptians.

Modern Egyptians = Arabs

Keep in mind that the ministry of antiquities has been covering up the truth for god knows how long.

The only reason why this convo is even relevant is bc of WS. No shot to OP

In again. Was blown the other thread was locked too.

Modern Egyptians = Arabs

Keep in mind that the ministry of antiquities has been covering up the truth for god knows how long.

The only reason why this convo is even relevant is bc of WS. No shot to OP

Factual.

When the Arab Muslims invaded the skin shades lightened up as far as I know. There were plenty of black Muslim converts but the skin tone you see now is a direct result of Arab invasion of Egypt.

Modern Egyptians = Arabs

What truth? And how do they cover it up?

Of the importance of black Africans and Muslims throughout history. Hell Muslims were in control of portions of Europe way back.

It's covered up through whitewashing of history and using western supremacy as the basis for education in schools.

I mean look at the imagery of Jesus. They don't want people to know he would have been a brown man who looked like his name was Muhammad. It's part of white supremacy in the end.

Last edited:
What truth? And how do they cover it up?

Become familiar with Zahi Hawass. He has had a major role in disseminating what information we have been allowed to gather.
But he is only one man.

Red & blonde haired mummies have been found in Egypt (belonging to ancient Egypt) and it was explained that the hair color was originally dark but lightened during the mummification process...therefore not true red or blonde....but this may not be true all of the time.

Last edited:
The ancient Egyptians were "Nubians" which were black

What we have today is eastern European's who migrated to the middle east settled there then they invaded what is now Egypt today

You wanna know how this is true? The current "Egyptians" DGAF about the ancient monuments that the Nubians built because its not theirs. They have no connection to those monuments or artifacts, thats why they allowed western European explorers to excavate and steal ancient artifacts from these monuments.

Its a commodity/ tourist attraction for them, nothing sacred, its even on their money

Modern day Egyptian here. I can assure you that the government, specifically the Tourism ministry does not have the interests of Africans and their proper depiction in mind. Ancient Egypt is EASY cash for the government and the people, so whatever special interests that'll come their way with some money, they'll definitely change or cover ups few things.

I'll admit it takes some time to get used to this man's reading, but the information is important.

That's a playlist of most of the chapters. It answers some of your questions OP.

Last edited:
You simply can't trust any European or American without African heritage on anything to do with African history. They're either gonna be complicit in, or naive to the lies and hatred of African history by Western Society.

On truth is that ancient Egypt is one of the most ethnically fluid civilizations in human history due to longevity and scope culturally and geographically.

The physical appearance of a civilization's people is going to vary when we're talking about various ethnic influences from across the continent of Africa, Eastern Asia, and later Southern Europe, ranging over millennia.

I'll admit it takes some time to get used to this man's reading, but the information is important.

That's a playlist of most of the chapters. It answers some of your questions OP.
Been wanting to read, but I'm skeptical. Lots of people saying it's a lot of conspiracy stuff.

I have the book but have yet to read it

Apparently it's been criticized for pushing an incorrect perception of mesoamerican culture

But I do plan to read it 

It's well worth a read. I'm just about finished with it and some of it is theoretical and fill in the blank type stuff, but it's to be expected with the voids left in our history through how things have transpired. If anything it's seriously heightened my curiosity about our ancestors and increased my distrust of what we're taught in this system.

We live in a country where we were once and at times are still viewed literally as animals by people who shape our school curriculums and access to knowledge about ourselves and where we came from.

Skepticism is great though. Use that skepticism to seek out further knowledge and build your own conclusion from there.

It's well worth a read. I'm just about finished with it and some of it is theoretical and fill in the blank type stuff, but it's to be expected with the voids left in our history through how things have transpired. If anything it's seriously heightened my curiosity about our ancestors and increased my distrust of what we're taught in this system.

We live in a country where we were once and at times are still viewed literally as animals by people who shape our school curriculums and access to knowledge about ourselves and where we came from.

Skepticism is great though. Use that skepticism to seek out further knowledge and build your own conclusion from there.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

That's why I plan to read it lol

I'm hoping so.

History major here.... You've got the Eurocentric view and the Afrocentric view of Egypt. One thing you have to take in mind when thinking about Egypt is that it goes back further than you think. 5000 years so Ancient Romans looked at Egypt the way we look at Rome now. Egypt has also been subject to numerous invasions given its geographical location and you would have to think "racial" mixing occurred. I personally side with the Afrocentric view, one giant reason is that when Egypt was being ravaged eugenics was kind of popular. Africa is also the biggest continent, but if you look at any map that is certainly not the case. There are biases on both schools of thought but I think Eurocentrism is a bit more sinister. Cheikh Anta Diop, Asa Hilliard III, Yosef Ben-Jochannan, Jacob Carruthers are some great historians to look into
View media item 2467550

I used to listen to A LOT of Yosef Ben-Jochannan's stuff until I came across things saying his credentials were fraudulent. I like his work, but don't bring him up due to that.

Back
Top Bottom